I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 01:53:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Great News!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Great News!  (Read 4347 times)
Cordelia
Elite Member

« on: October 05, 2011, 06:04:30 AM »

Great news! My phosphorus this month was at an all-time low!   :bandance;    :bandance;     :bandance;

This month they can't threaten me with more Renagel! LOL LMAO!   :yahoo;  I'm over the moon and doing a little happy dance!   :bandance;

Diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease at age 19.
Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Began dialysis on Aug 15, 2010.
Creatine @ time of dialysis: 27. I almost died.
History of High Blood Pressure
I have Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis in My Feet
AV Fistula created in Nov. 2011, still buzzing well!
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 06:13:13 AM »

That IS great...I think I'll dance with you!   :bandance;  :bandance;  :bandance;   

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
mcclane

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 07:45:53 AM »

Good to hear !!  :2thumbsup;
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:13:28 AM »

I'm only adding to this thread because I feel like dancing too ...

:bandance;

(But that's fab, Cordelia!)

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:15:01 AM »

Thank you looneytunes, Mcclane and Poppy! It's great you got everyone dancin', Poppy!    :bandance;     ;D

Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
Iwannabean

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:21:04 AM »

:bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;
Hey lets get the whole forum to dance
 :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;
 :thumbup; :thumbup; :thumbup;
congrats to you

Iwannabean
Arcticat2000

What. Me worry?

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 09:28:06 AM »

ESRD diagnosed June 2003
Dialysis begins July 2003
Nocturnal Dialysis since Aug.2005-present
3 nights per week @ 7hrs per session
Heart bypass surgery Nov.2007 w artificial valve
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 09:32:48 AM »

LOL!   :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:41:51 AM »

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Iwannabean! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     :rofl;     :rofl;     :rofl;     :rofl;     :rofl;     :rofl;    :rofl;

Hey, Artica, I'd never seen that one smiley before, the bananajoe doing flips! Too hilarious! LOL     :rofl;    :rofl;

Thank you for your congrats!   :grouphug;

I wonder how long my great labs will last for, I have a big Canadian Thanksgiving dinner to cook and serve this weekend to family, those labs will likely go out the window next month! LOL

I'll be having pumpkin pie, turkey, stuffing, gravy, the whole nine yards ! LOL    :rofl;
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:44:03 AM by Cordelia » Logged

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 09:45:32 AM »

You can enjoy your wonderful meal if you are careful about your portions and are careful on the other days.  Just enjoy!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 05:08:45 PM »

I cheat right after bloodwork, for a few days, then I go back to my usual   :)  I should be okay with the Thanksgiving meal as long as I don't overdo it   ;D  Yup, portion control is important!   :thumbup;

boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 06:56:58 PM »

:yahoo;      and heck, im down for some dancen too .... i need that spastic one if it were to portray me, but these will do... lol                    :bandance;  :bandance;  :bandance;   

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 03:03:23 AM »

:yahoo;    :yahoo;     :yahoo;     :2thumbsup;      :2thumbsup;     Boswife! Glad you joined us for the dancin!' LMAO!    :rofl;     :rofl;      :rofl;

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 05:46:54 AM »

We all cheat a little, its a bit naughty but what the hell. Love the dancing thing.

:bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;

:bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
mcclane

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 08:04:34 AM »

i admit, i cheat on my diet consistently just as long as it isn't a blood work day.  :yahoo; :yahoo;
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 01:39:00 PM »

Me too, Billy and Mcclane! LOL    :rofl;     :rofl;    :rofl; Glad you enjoy the dancin' too, Billy!   :bandance;    :bandance;     :bandance;     :bandance;     :bandance;

I usually cheat for the first days after blood work, they say it's the safest time....anyways, I had nachos and perogies with sour cream for supper the first night for supper after the bloodwork this week! LOL   :rofl;
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:40:21 PM by Cordelia » Logged

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 09:56:32 AM »

Over the last 8 months my husband lost a lot of weight, heart problems and things. His dietitian said he could eat what ever he wants, he had to put weight back on, so he ate all the things you shud not eat, bacon, bananas because his phos was low, cakes, crisps  Mac Donalds and lots more things. All the naughty food, she said any thing he fancied and do you know what, his bloods have been brilliant for the last 3 months. He has put weight on but nursey says it is fluid you can not win can you.

:bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 04:47:26 AM »

Oh my goodness! Does he feel okay?

Well, my renal diet has gone out the windown this weekend, I had pizza Fri night, and pizza for lunch yesterday although I had only once slice and oh yeah, I had pumpkin pie too.    :P  Today is my turkey dinner so I will be having turkey, stuffing, gravy LOL And more pumpkin pie and some cheese ball (my fav) I will just have to not overdo it and watch my portions carefully   :P

I'm still dancin' LOL      :rofl;     :rofl;

:bandance;    :bandance;    :bandance;    :bandance;    :bandance;     :bandance;     :bandance;     :bandance;     :bandance;     :bandance;

pitagory

Sorry guys for my spelling and punctuation

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 09:13:13 AM »

;musicalnote; ;musicalnote; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; Happy Dance yayay but now you made me hungry
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:15:21 AM by pitagory » Logged

"I dont need easy,  I just need posible"
Stoday
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 05:06:41 PM »

Phosphate is a bad problem for me, so I don't feel like dancing  :'(  :'(  :'(

To cheer me up I found this video of IHD members dancing. See if you recognise yourself.  :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ2fF-3p6s&feature=related

Diagnosed stage 3 CKD May 2003
AV fistula placed June 2009
Started hemo July 2010
Heart Attacks June 2005; October 2010; July 2011
*kana*

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »

Yeah!  I feel like a little kid when I get good blood results.   :flower;

PD started 09/08
PKD kidneys removed 06/17/09

Failed donor transplant-donor kidney removed,
suspected cancer so not used 06/17/09

Hemo 06/2009-08/2009

Liberty Cycler-11/09-5/13
Nx Stage-current tx
Diagnosed with SEP 2014
CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 04:39:07 AM »

May I join the dance?      :bandance;    :bandance;    :bandance;    :bandance;    :bandance;   Last month, my dietician gave me the green light to have a couple of bananas! I asked her early on to list a forbidden food that I could have if my labs were good. 

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 05:25:37 AM »

LOL I don't like bananas nor orange juice, my dietician and my nurses/doctors always say they think it's really funny and unusual for someone on dialysis not to like those foods. I laugh and say, "I must be one of the rare few" and they answer, "Yup!"

I guess people really struggle not being able to have these foods from what they have told me.

My biggest struggle is cheese. I crave it all the time and I'm not supposed to be eating it. 

CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 05:43:05 AM »

I am very strict with myself on my diet. When I was a teen, I watched my grandparents ignore the dr's advice and basically kill themselves. I was young & no one would listen to me. I don't really crave any particular food until I have permission to have it. Then I realise how much I missed it.

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 06:09:03 AM »

My potassium has never been a problem, I have to watch my phosphorus.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »