I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 14, 2024, 03:17:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  HELP!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP!!!!!  (Read 2008 times)
Annig83

« on: September 19, 2011, 07:41:09 PM »

:sos;Okay so I need help fast!  I am the Maid of Honor in my best friend's wedding THIS weekend, and I've been retaining tons of fluid, even with using 2.5% on my cycler.  I've been watching my salt intake, eating protein, and  walking everyday.  My dress fit 3 months ago no problem and now the week of the wedding, my kidneys are rebelling!!! :Kit n Stik;   :banghead; :'(

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can take off more water weight without hurting myself,  can I take water pills or are those a no no?  Should I have an intake of fiber???  Would that help?  Ive had the dress altered already too, and still no help.  The fluctuation is crazy this time!  Is stress a factor?

Any help would be appreciated since I have no intention of starving myself to fit into this dress!

*~Annie~*
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Even though I have gone through so much with ESRD, my son is my inspiration to keep going.  He was delievered at 28 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and today he is a fun-loving 1 year old, whom I love with all my heart!

Diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome Age 13- 1996 Unknown Cause. 35% functioning of both kidneys.
Stable until Age 27; complications with pregnancy, loss of 25% function. (Current functioning is between 5-7%).
December 3, 2010- PD Catheter Placed on Left Side
March 2011- PD Catheter Removal (Due to malfunction)
April 2011- PD Catheter Placement on Right Side
April 2011- Surgery to adjust Catheter and "tacking of fatty tissue"
May 2011- CCPD Started
October 2012- Infection of PD catheter.  PD Cath. removal surgery. Perma-Cath. Placed for Hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis started October 12, 2012.
January 16 2013- First Fistula
On Transplant List in Indiana, awaiting 1st Transplant at IU Health in Indianapolis.
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:41:18 PM »

i wish i had answers,
my dr prescribes me a water pill, maybe u should ask urs?
and sweating is good too...

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 07:04:29 PM »

What are your UFs like?  Are you able to take anything off at all?  IF you're in the negative, you might want to try one or all of these.

Do a run with a heparin bag.  Even if you don't see any fibrin in the bag, it doesn't mean there isn't any there.  It might be clogging things up.  You'll fill, but draining might be a bit of a pain if there's a piece of fibrin stuck to the outside of the catheter

Do you have any 4.25% solution?  I always kept a box of it, just in case, but I was lucky enough to never have to use it.  I'd mix it with the 2.5, putting it on the heater so that it dilutes.  I'd also put a 1.5% twin bag on the heater, just in case it dries you out.

Another thing you could do, if you have the twin bags, is a couple extra runs of 2.5%.  A little extra dialysis won't hurt you, I don't think. *G*
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:07:45 PM by Riki » Logged

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Rivy

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 07:32:13 PM »

Hi Ann,  I'm in sort of the same delimia, in away..I'm also standing in a wedding next week and can't get into a center up in Clovis, NM.  Where the bride and groom wants a rehersal on Friday and I do my treatment MWF..I'm in another town so it's going to require for me travel..I'm not sure if the tux will fit because I have to go there for it and by than I would either lose the water or retain the water in time to either have the tux fit or not..So I'm not sure if I want to drink alot or drink a little. :beer1;..I'm just going to have to wing it and hope for the best ...I feel your worries..Good luck and don't you worry it will come through.. :bestwishes;  Rivy

:sos;Okay so I need help fast!  I am the Maid of Honor in my best friend's wedding THIS weekend, and I've been retaining tons of fluid, even with using 2.5% on my cycler.  I've been watching my salt intake, eating protein, and  walking everyday.  My dress fit 3 months ago no problem and now the week of the wedding, my kidneys are rebelling!!! :Kit n Stik;   :banghead; :'(

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can take off more water weight without hurting myself,  can I take water pills or are those a no no?  Should I have an intake of fiber???  Would that help?  Ive had the dress altered already too, and still no help.  The fluctuation is crazy this time!  Is stress a factor?

Any help would be appreciated since I have no intention of starving myself to fit into this dress!
Annig83

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 05:52:33 PM »

Thanks for responding you 3.  I called my nurse and asked her what her thoughts were.  She had me do a 4.25% on the side, and a 1.5% on the heater.  It took off over 1015 UF, so it's helped a lot.  I fit in the dress, and actually bought a "corset" "Fat sucker, holder-inner" whatever you want to call it, and it worked!  I appreciate the info from you all.  Riki- My UF's haven't been in the negative at all, but it's still not taking off enough fluid to aide, which is why my nurse suggested a 4.25%.  Rivy- I hope everything works out for you as well!  Would you be opposed to a corset??? ;)  Good luck

*~Annie~*
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Even though I have gone through so much with ESRD, my son is my inspiration to keep going.  He was delievered at 28 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and today he is a fun-loving 1 year old, whom I love with all my heart!

Diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome Age 13- 1996 Unknown Cause. 35% functioning of both kidneys.
Stable until Age 27; complications with pregnancy, loss of 25% function. (Current functioning is between 5-7%).
December 3, 2010- PD Catheter Placed on Left Side
March 2011- PD Catheter Removal (Due to malfunction)
April 2011- PD Catheter Placement on Right Side
April 2011- Surgery to adjust Catheter and "tacking of fatty tissue"
May 2011- CCPD Started
October 2012- Infection of PD catheter.  PD Cath. removal surgery. Perma-Cath. Placed for Hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis started October 12, 2012.
January 16 2013- First Fistula
On Transplant List in Indiana, awaiting 1st Transplant at IU Health in Indianapolis.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »