I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:14:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
| | |-+  Strange things are happening?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strange things are happening?  (Read 4871 times)
Stella Sa

« on: September 19, 2011, 05:55:13 AM »

I do have a few questions, so I'm going to ask them all at once:
1. Since I've been on the Baxter PD machine, I've started to burp. This seems to be worst during the night. I've had a gastroscopy and nothing is wrong with the gut. Any idea what will cause the burping and what could I do to solve it?
2. Restless ankle/legs. It seems that this also started when I went onto the night machine and it starts at night. I want to move my ankles and then later on the legs. I'm drink sleeping pills and this seems to calm it down it bit. But again, cannot keep on drinking sleeping pills for extended periods and RSL are causing sleep deprivation.
3. On the topic of sleep, since I'm on the machine I cannot sleep without taking a sleeping pill. This is strange for me, since when I was on the hand dialysis I could not wait to go to sleep and would sleep without any aid for 8-10 hours straight. Since the machine I'm lucky to get 2 hours at a time. Cannot keep on taking sleeping pills- what to do? I work during the day otherwise I could have sleep during the day without being attached to the machine?
4. Sensitive teeth- does chewing ice cause sensitive teeth? My teeth are sensitive to hot food and only when I chew? I use Sensodyne teeth paste and it does not help?

I do hope that someone has a remedy for some or all of the above

Could all of the above be due to inconsistent dialysis? Some nights total UF is 1200 ml and other nights it is 800ml. It really varies and I still pee.
HSM

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:28:42 AM »

Hey,

I've just seen this post. I don't know a lot about the other stuff, but with regards to the sleep, I've heard yoga and meditation can help bring back a decent sleeping pattern. I'm going to give it a try myself and see if I can get into a rock solid routine by doing it. I'll let you know how I get on if you're interested.

The only reason I attend dialysis is for the tea and the biscuits!

Dialysis wasn't the end, it was just the beginning!

It's about ability, NOT disability!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »