I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:03:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Yes... this is a rant
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yes... this is a rant  (Read 5781 times)
Brightsky69

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 06:36:40 AM »

Oh and this “disability” she is supposed to be on….she has no official diagnoses from any doctor. No fibromyalgia, no lime disease, nothing to explain her “pain” and “headaches” She gets the docs to give her pain medication hand over fist. She has even said most doctors in the area won’t treat her anymore cause they believe she is prescription/doctor shopping. I tend to agree…makes sense to me. But of course everyone in the family doesn’t believe this at all. They always say…you just don’t know or see her when she is in such pain. Every time I see her she looks just fine to me.

Transplant June 11, 1991 (1st time) my mom's kidney
Received my 2nd kidney transplant Oct. 19th 2010.
The Noob

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 12:46:34 PM »

i was laughing out loud on your sisters text. take her number out of your phone. sooner or later she will hit bottom. she sounds like an addict. being in recovery many years i can usually spot them. she'll find someone else to use, don't let it be you!
Brightsky69

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »

The Noob: Thankfully she is not my sister...just a cousin.  :P The trouble is her family won't let her fall or hit rock bottom. My uncle (her dad) even said to me "The only thing thats wrong with her is she is spoiled.   :clap;  Oh so true.
Wenchie58 : What is the deal with people like your sis and my cousin...who seem to think the world owes them a living. ::)

The Noob

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »

oops sorry about that. but your right. theres a lot more wrong than just being spoiled. eternal child comes to mind.
too many enablers around her. they can bail her out. i have a hard time now and then with the lack of reality some peeps seem to grasp with our situation. but i do understand they don't get it unless they have been through similar. still irritates me though.
Brightsky69

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 05:47:48 AM »

Noob – I totally agree. Much more wrong than just being spoiled. She is the baby of the family and her two sisters are a good 7 to 8 years older than her. My guess is she has been coddled most of her life. She told me once that her oldest sister is more like a mom to her than a sister. My mom even buys into her BS. I was talking to my mom and asked her “Why can’t she just get a job?” My mom said “Oh no…her doctors won’t release her to get a job” That is a line of BS if I ever heard it.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »