I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 04:26:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Cell phone at dialysis unit
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cell phone at dialysis unit  (Read 13123 times)
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 04:08:14 PM »

(from both of us)
Reading this thread, we have seen Fresenius specifically mentioned as banning cell phones but no one else specifically mentioned. We go to a DaVita unit, formerly Gambro and have always been able to use our cell phone. However, we use Fresenius when we travel and they do prohibit it. Perhaps it is something particular to Fresenius machines?

:cuddle;

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
Panda_9

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 04:51:11 PM »

There has been another thread on this a a member did explain why cell phones arent allowed. I cant remember who it was though.
tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 05:37:49 PM »

i go to a fresenius unit.  we are not suppose to use cell phones but they do not mind.  i rarely see anyone use 'em while dialyzing.  well there is one guy....i just want to shove the phone down his throat or up his butt. that'll stop him from talking loudly and from farting.  oh dear god...does he ever quit? ? ?  i cant stand him, he talks very very loud.  occasionally other people use their cell  but they are respectful about it. 

if i take my cell into a store or restaurant i turn the ringer down real low or put it on vibrate. 

i work in a deli.  i hate it when people come up to the counter and they are trying to order while talking on their phone.  if i can i will ignore them and wait on someone else.  i think that is just plain rude.   >:D  :banghead;  >:D  :banghead;

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 05:56:25 PM »

I'm with you on that Tubes.
I remember in retail when I would be ringing up a customer and they would
be on a cell phone and not even acknowledge me.  I thought that was so rude.
Then sometimes they were talking on one that you couldn't see and I'd think they were
saying something to me and they'd be on the phone.
When I worked at hallmark and the beanie baby craze was on people would all be on
their cell phones calling friends to tell them we had beanies, or see what friends wanted
or calling other stores to see if they got any.  it was a wild, wild time.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
jonn r

my little girl maiah

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 06:05:48 PM »

i use mine all the time...i am just quite about it...if they really had a problem i think they would say something....
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 06:26:18 PM »

When I used to go to do dialysis at my unit, they let me use my cell. I just use it a bit and very quiet, as I am aware that it might disturb other patients....now, at home I use it all the time and no problem so far....see....I'm using it now and nothing bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...z..z.z.z.z.. ;D
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 06:33:34 PM »

They better not say a word to me unless they tell GRANDPA over in the corner to use his headphones.

:D

del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 07:07:18 PM »

At the center hubby was at they asked you to use headphones as well.. Some people did not want to use them so they were told they had to turn rthe volume down or the nurse would turn it down.  Very annoying when everybody has a TV at their spot and everyone is listening to something different without headphones.  Drive you CRAZY!!

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 09:06:18 PM »

Very annoying when everybody has a TV at their spot and everyone is listening to something different without headphones.  Drive you CRAZY!!

Don't get me started.

It got so bad at my unit, I finally spoke up.

Don't tread on me ... or my ears.     :o

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
brenda

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2007, 09:29:40 PM »

I know that it depends on where you are in the unit here in Lethbridge. In Calgary, no way, not allowed. Here at home while I dialyze, I nap, watch TV, talk on the phone and read. But I don't think if I was with a bunch of other people with cell phone's ringing I would be very happy.

Life is what happens while your making other plans.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 03:00:40 PM »

Very annoying when everybody has a TV at their spot and everyone is listening to something different without headphones.  Drive you CRAZY!!

Don't get me started.

It got so bad at my unit, I finally spoke up.

Don't tread on me ... or my ears.     :o

Then there is a positive reason to everything. http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=2480.msg34658#msg34658
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2007, 06:06:09 PM »

Now that is a good reason to have a cell phone!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2007, 08:31:36 PM »

That's why I got one - in case I get on the list.  And when I am, it's going to be on when I'm in the unit whether they approve or not!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2007, 09:11:54 PM »

Then there is a positive reason to everything. http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=2480.msg34658#msg34658

A call from the transplant coordinator is not the problem.  Carrying a cell phone for that and other emergency situations is a must.

It's the loud, rude folks that I'm referring to.  Cell phones tend to bring out the worst in people.

The Renalist     8)

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 09:14:25 PM »

A call from the transplant coordinator is not the problem.  Carrying a cell phone for that and other emergency situations is a must.

It's the loud, rude folks that I'm referring to.  Cell phones tend to bring out the worst in people.

The Renalist     8)

I agree with you Zach. It would be annoying  to have to listen to peoples conversations etc( one sided)
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007, 09:15:24 PM »

I haven't given my number out to anyone else.  I hate cell phones, and I don't want everyone being able to call me on it!  If it rings, it better be the transplant coordinator!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »