I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:29:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
| | |-+  Clearance
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clearance  (Read 14554 times)
Panda_9

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 02:53:44 AM »

Everyone has the right to do whatever they want with their dialysis, but in the long run it might catch up with you.
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2006, 09:51:20 PM »

Everyone has the right to do whatever they want with their dialysis, but in the long run it might catch up with you.

Sounds about right.     ;)

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2006, 09:53:57 PM »

In the States, that form is called an AMA-- Against Medical Advice.

The 'catch' at my unit is, sometimes the nurse will get you to sign it, but then screw around with other patients so long that by the time they come over to you and disconnect you, it's almost the time when you would normally be coming off the machine, anyway. 

It's interesting that when nurses decide to take people off early because they have too many patients coming off at the same time, you NEVER have to sign that paper-- you only have to sign it when it's YOUR idea to end treatment early. 

With the old Baxter dialysis machines, the clock counted down in 6-minute increments.  So when it read "1" that would actually mean 6 minutes to go.  One could often see the staff ending treatments for a number a patients when the clock read "2" meaning 12 minutes actually remaining.         :o

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
kevno

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 01:57:01 AM »

You should have been on the Lucas Dialysis machine NO CLOCK :o That was is the 70's the Machine usually managed too crash your BP in the first hour. With the six feet keele dializer/kidney. All us children on the unit used to be really sick. Not like know when you can usually tell when your BP is dropping, then it just fell so quick :(

Now never more than 1kg up. In the past Had one or two ::) of those AMA to sign. With coming off dialysis with 2 hours+ still to do. Now might still come off with ten minutes left on the clock. Might not be a nurse around to take me off, so I might stay on 10 minutes longer.

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Russ

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006, 03:54:30 PM »

What ticks me off is when the clinic puts me on 20 minutes late, that's alright.  But if I'm 10 minutes late they cut my run time even when nobody will be using my machine after me.

:banghead;
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2006, 01:42:54 AM »

What ticks me off is when the clinic puts me on 20 minutes late, that's alright.  But if I'm 10 minutes late they cut my run time even when nobody will be using my machine after me.

Really? Mine never cuts my run time except for the one time I was an hour late because I was sleeping when I should have called my ride  :-X :-\

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2006, 08:42:51 AM »

If no one follows you they really shouldn't cut time.

I agree that units can cut time.  But only to those that make it a habit to consistently not show up on time or if someone doesn't show up on time and someone follows them.  In that case the person who was late should lose time,  not the person who was on time that follows them. :twocents;
Panda_9

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2006, 04:27:33 PM »

If no one is on the machine after you then generally that is closing time for the unit. That is why you time will get cut. If you are late, well thats pretty much tough luck.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »