I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 08:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Feeling Down
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feeling Down  (Read 1533 times)
Annig83

« on: August 16, 2011, 08:52:40 PM »

The last three days I have been feeling very depressed, and not sure why?  I was "sick" yesterday, my BP was low, my weight was good, but I slept over 13 hours during the course of the night, and when I woke up I was still tired, achy, and felt like being anti-social.  I called my center to ask them if they thought I was getting sick, they told me to use 1.5% and drink fluids.  Any thoughts?  Because of being depressed could I be feeling physically sick too? ???

*~Annie~*
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Even though I have gone through so much with ESRD, my son is my inspiration to keep going.  He was delievered at 28 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and today he is a fun-loving 1 year old, whom I love with all my heart!

Diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome Age 13- 1996 Unknown Cause. 35% functioning of both kidneys.
Stable until Age 27; complications with pregnancy, loss of 25% function. (Current functioning is between 5-7%).
December 3, 2010- PD Catheter Placed on Left Side
March 2011- PD Catheter Removal (Due to malfunction)
April 2011- PD Catheter Placement on Right Side
April 2011- Surgery to adjust Catheter and "tacking of fatty tissue"
May 2011- CCPD Started
October 2012- Infection of PD catheter.  PD Cath. removal surgery. Perma-Cath. Placed for Hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis started October 12, 2012.
January 16 2013- First Fistula
On Transplant List in Indiana, awaiting 1st Transplant at IU Health in Indianapolis.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »

Yup, you most certainly can.  That mind/body connection is an amazing thing sometimes.  Plus, think of how wobbly low bp makes your body feel.  Now consider that it's doing the same thing to your brain, too.  The depression could be affecting your bp and the bp could be affecting your depression.

While I've got your going in circles here, are ya dizzy yet?

Hope you feel better soon, Anni.   :cuddle;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:58:56 PM »

I agree.  Depression can disturb your normal sleep patterns, and you end up either sleeping too much or two little.  Either scenario can make you feel physically ill, and that's more depressing, and the cycle continues.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »