I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 12:24:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I wasn't sure where to post this...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I wasn't sure where to post this...  (Read 4427 times)
Brightsky69

« on: August 02, 2011, 05:27:58 AM »

I need a dream interpreter…..

I keep having dreams that I am back on PD. My transplant is a little over 9 months old. I am not having any problems. My BP is excellent, no edema what so ever, I am staying hydrated. My creatinine has been stable (2.0) over the last two months. I am on monthly visits for labs and clinic. And I don’t feel bad at all.

Last night I dreamed that I was about to start a PD exchange in a hospital….but there was some contamination with the bag. It was a tiny little red fish swimming around the PD (saline) fluid. I told the nurse and she said Oh no…you can’t use this! Then she chewed out the other nurse who contaminated the bag.
The night before I also had a dream where I had to do a PD exchange but something else went wrong and I couldn’t do the exchange. In each dream I felt perfectly ok.
Maybe I am dreaming about this because I have labs next Tuesday.

EDITED:  MOVED POST TO CORRECT TOPIC - RERUN, MODERATOR
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:10:03 AM by Rerun » Logged

Transplant June 11, 1991 (1st time) my mom's kidney
Received my 2nd kidney transplant Oct. 19th 2010.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 05:57:09 AM »

I dream all the time about my mother (who died over 10 years ago). Even last night I dreamed about her. In every dream, I'm always looking for a way to talk with her, and when I can, it is such a relief.

I think I am just trying to get over the many issues I had with her, but of course, that will never happen WITH her, just without her.

So, there may be some underlying worry that you are experiencing in your dreams. Remember that PD was a big part of your life before your transplant. Even though it isn't now, you still have that past experience. I hope that the dreams subside after your labs.

:grouphug;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 06:13:06 AM »

Your subconscience is worried that you may have to go back to PD.   Just tell yourself that everything is fine before you go to sleep. 

Sweet dreams now SWEET DREAMS.         :cuddle;

Brightsky69

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 06:30:45 AM »

;D It didn't help that i was watching He11's Kitchen last night before bed. Chief Ramsey was yelling at people left and right. I guess thats where I got the nurse yelling at the other nurse.
I only thing I tend to worry about while awake is if I am drinking enough and using the bathroom enough.  ;D

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 10:26:30 AM »

I'm sure some part of every transplant patient's subconcious is worried about restarting D!  Seems like a pretty normal dream to have to me.

I've been having to take pain killers to get to sleep at night.  Boy does oxy give me some nightmares!  I could give Wes Craven a run for his money....

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Brightsky69

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »

I wonder how does the little red fish plays into everything??   :rofl; :rofl; Dream interpertation site says sometimes pregnant women dream of swiming fish. If I am pregnant at 42..someone shoot me now.  :rofl;

Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 03:04:51 PM »

I had dreams like that right after transplant.  I think it's normal.  you have anxiety about keeping the kidney and not going back to dialysis.  After you've had the kidney for a year or so, they stop.  I have dreams about being allowed to go back to the children's hospital that I started in.  That's not an anxiety, though, it's a wish that probably won't be fulfilled.

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Brightsky69

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 03:37:24 PM »

Riki - you may be right. My transplant is only a little over 9 months old. Going in for labs still does make me a bit nervous.

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 02:18:14 AM »

(imagine a faux German accent)
Vell Vell Vell, Come on in miss BrightSky and sit on my couch.....

Now now, vhat seems to be the problem? Ah, I see you are dreaming about your moth... no I mean your PD. Yes yes, well let me, Dr Jung'n'freud explore this vith you.

No no, do not get up, lie on the couch with your head on the comfy pillow. Das ist good, yes?

It seems to be, in my extensive experience with interpreting dreams that you have a deep seated fear of fish fingers and having to go back on dialysis. Yes, yes, it is very clear to me.

OK, strike the fish fingers.

It does seem like the others have suggested the obvious cause is a fear that your labs will be bad and you may have to return to doing PD. I think the fish and other problem with doing the exchange represnts that if you DID have to go "back" there, that it wouldn't work out for you.

I think also the nurses arguing and the fish comtamination could also represent to a certain degree that you feel a certain lack of control over your body and whatever happens. I mean the nurses making mistakes, is perhaps a concern that you're relying on others (eg: docs) to manage your transplant correctly so it won't fail. Labs approaching of course means that you'd worry about how they may be interpreted and what may well happen.

Of course, perhaps you may enjoy seeing this dream analyst: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRq95IKBUtU&feature=related

:)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Brightsky69

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 06:23:44 AM »

Richard - l;ove the accent!  :clap;

All the imput does make sense to me. I liked the video funny  ;D

Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »

this is what my Big Book of Dreams says about fish..

Dreaming of fish connects with the emotional side of ourselves, but more or ability to be wise without being strategic.  We can often simply respond instinctively to what is going on, without needing to analyse it.

Whatever that means.. *LOL*

PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 10:19:54 PM »

this is what my Big Book of Dreams says about fish..

Dreaming of fish connects with the emotional side of ourselves, but more or ability to be wise without being strategic.  We can often simply respond instinctively to what is going on, without needing to analyse it.

Whatever that means.. *LOL*

Vell vell vell. Dr Jung'n'Freud here again!

I would say this means that you should "don't worry, be happy" - because whatever happens you'll know in your heart what to do.

Am I sacked yet?  :rofl;

(ps: if you dream that you're being chased by a shark, does this mean you instinctively know to get the hell out of there??! :) )

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 10:40:46 PM »

hmm.. let me check the book.....

Let's see... Shampoo? no.. Shapes? no... ahh.. here it is... Sharks...

1. To dream of a shark may indicate that we are being attacked unfairly; someone is trying to take something that is rightfully ours.  Being in a sea of sharks suggests that we are in a situation where we do not trust anyone.  To be pursued by a shark may suggest that we have put ourselves in danger and created a situation by entering someone else's territory.

2. Because a shark is a sea creature it has the significance of creating problems on an emotional level.  It is as though our emotional capacity can be eroded by unscrupulous behavior.

3. The shark is a symbol of the fear of death because of it's connection with the Collective Unconscious.  We lack the ability to confront these fears without help.

btw.. I typed all of that by looking only at the book, and not at the keys or the screen.. and made no typing errors.... :cheer:

PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 10:53:46 PM »

Well done, Riki!!  :2thumbsup;

I think Dr Jung'n'Freud has seen his last patient and is now retiring :)

Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 12:00:21 AM »

Well done, Riki!!  :2thumbsup;

I think Dr Jung'n'Freud has seen his last patient and is now retiring :)

*snicker*  speaking of retiring.. it's 4am.. I'm off to beddy bye....

PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Brightsky69

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 07:36:28 AM »

No weird dreams last night  :2thumbsup;

Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »

Nope.. I was the one with the weird dreams last night.. but they weren't dialysis related, so I won't going into detail.  I waited all day for my best friend to come online, cuz I wanted to talk to her about it, but she didn't come online today

PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
KarenInWA
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 11:31:48 PM »

I had a strange dream a couple of weeks ago.  An older relative of mine has offered to get tested to donate to me.  I hung out with her daughter a couple of weeks ago.  Two nights later, I replied to an email from this relative.  That night, I dreamt of her and her daughter, and we were talking about the transplant.  In my dream, I told them that all we need for a good match is an IP address!  Then I had all these different IP addresses flashing in my dream.  I work for a landline phone company as a DSL Network technician, and part of my job is making sure our customers have working IP addresses.  I remember worrying in my dream "Oh no, what if we run out of IP addresses?" which is something that has happened at work!  It made for a good chuckle with the friends I chose to share it with!

KarenInWA

1996 - Diagnosed with Proteinuria
2000 - Started seeing nephrologist on regular basis
Mar 2010 - Started Aranesp shots - well into CKD4
Dec 1, 2010 - Transplant Eval Appt - Listed on Feb 10, 2012
Apr 18, 2011 - Had fistula placed at GFR 8
April 20, 2011 - Had chest cath placed, GFR 6
April 22, 2011 - Started in-center HD. Continued to work FT and still went out and did things: live theater, concerts, spend time with friends, dine out, etc
May 2011 - My Wonderful Donor offered to get tested!
Oct 2011  - My Wonderful Donor was approved for surgery!
November 23, 2011 - Live-Donor Transplant (Lynette the Kidney gets a new home!)
April 3, 2012 - Routine Post-Tx Biopsy (creatinine went up just a little, from 1.4 to 1.7)
April 7, 2012 - ER admit to hospital, emergency surgery to remove large hematoma caused by biopsy
April 8, 2012 - In hospital dialysis with 2 units of blood
Now: On the mend, getting better! New Goal: No more in-patient hospital stays! More travel and life adventures!
bette1

My dear daughter

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 04:13:54 PM »

I still have dreams of being on PD and I've been off PD for over 5 years.  For me the dream is about forgetting to do my PD treatments for a long time, and I am worried that I'm going to get sick. 

It's a variation of the school dream where I haven't gone to class all semester and I have a test and I can't find the classroom.  I've been out of school for 20 years.

I think when you have something that is so much a part of your life, it will show up in your dreams.

Diagnosed with FSGS April of 1987
First Dialysis 11/87 - CAPD
Transplant #1 10/13/94
Second round of Dialysis stated 9/06 - In Center Hemo
Transplant  #2 5/24/10
Brightsky69

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 06:56:38 PM »

I do keep having this dream over and over....

I dream I can't find my car.

Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 10:19:18 PM »

I still have dreams of being on PD and I've been off PD for over 5 years.  For me the dream is about forgetting to do my PD treatments for a long time, and I am worried that I'm going to get sick. 

It's a variation of the school dream where I haven't gone to class all semester and I have a test and I can't find the classroom.  I've been out of school for 20 years.

I think when you have something that is so much a part of your life, it will show up in your dreams.

When I was a kid on PD, I was always afraid of accidentally pulling the tube out, because that actually happened to one of the other kids.  I used to dream about it getting caught in things, or someone I was afraid of or didn't like pulling it out.  It's not something that ever happened, though

I do keep having this dream over and over....

I dream I can't find my car.

In dreams, I can't use a telephone or drive a car.  I understand the car one, because I've never driven, so I don't know what it feels like to be behind the wheel.  I don't understand not being able to use a telephone, though.  It seems I can never dial the right number because the buttons keep moving around

PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 10:22:49 PM »

Funny, I don't think I've dreamed about D at all.  Of course, I pretty much jumped straight into college courses, so those horrible ones about taking a final exam for a class I forgot to go to all semester are back like a cheap wine college hangover....

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 05:19:45 AM »

In dreams, I can't use a telephone or drive a car.  I understand the car one, because I've never driven, so I don't know what it feels like to be behind the wheel.  I don't understand not being able to use a telephone, though.  It seems I can never dial the right number because the buttons keep moving around

uh.. oh... there's someone at the door....

oh...NO NO!!! he's breaking in..... ARGH!!!! I can't stop him.... he's pushing me away from the keybo....WU)@*@SWAJI:LJAAPOISDJSADOS!@)*@#)#@

ahem. Dr. Jung'n'Freud here. That idiot can't stop me!!!!

now now.  I see you are having more pesky dreams. Vhatever shall we do with you???

Now that moron who owns the computer doesn't drive either, but he informs me that he's never really dreamed about cars or driving. I would say though that just means he's an unimaginative person with no ambition. To dream of something you cannot (or have not) done shows a desire to better yourself, to strive for more in your life, to wish you could attain the (apparently) impossible.... Perhaps your subconscious is simply manifesting your desire for things you feel you cannot have.

Now, the telephone on the other hand... an inability to communicate can be a common dream element. Perhaps it reflects a desire to be able to speak your mind more freely or openly, to express yourself, or more literally a desire to communicate with someone who is out of reach, who you worry about (eg: your best friend). The shiftning numbers shows that you feel the problem is not with you, but you face a barrier, or ever shifting barriers against your goal to express yourself, or communicate.

oh darn, that horrible cat has freed the unimaginative one.... he's coming to reclaimn the computer... I best be gone.....

fare thee well!!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »