I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:06:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
| | |-+  Wagener's Disease
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wagener's Disease  (Read 7218 times)
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« on: June 29, 2009, 06:32:36 PM »

Anyone ever hear of wagener's disease?  A friend was just diagnosed with it. His first symptoms was what he thought was a sinus infection. He has been on dialysis for a couple of weeks. Think it may only be temporary(dialysis). He may have had his last treatment.  I googled it and found some info but was just wondering if anyone on here had heard of it.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Restorer

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 11:16:44 PM »

Wegener's Granulomatosis? That was on the short list of what could have caused my kidney failure, but the cANCA tests came back negative (twice, almost two years apart). As I recall from my research, there is potential for the kidney problems to resolve to some degree with sufficient anti-autoimmune treatment.

- Matt - wasabiflux.org
- Dialysis Calculators

3/2007Kidney failure diagnosed5/2010In-center hemodialysis
8/2008Peritoneal catheter placed1/2012Upper arm fistula created
9/2008Peritoneal catheter replaced3/2012Started using fistula
9/2008Began CAPD4/2012Buttonholes created
3/2009Switched to CCPD w/ Newton IQ cycler            4/2012HD catheter removed
7/2009Switched to Liberty cycler            4/2018Transplanted at UCLA!
Lillupie

wedding 12-10-11

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 01:45:32 PM »

yes I have heard of this disease. THey thought i had this in CHildrens Hospital because they really  didnt want to admit that the drugs that they were giving me for lupus caused me to get sick. So yes i have heard of it. lol

Lisa

Check out my Facebook profile for CKD "Help Lisa Spread Awareness for Kidney Disease"

It is my utmost dream and desire to reach out to other kidney patients for them to know that they are not alone in this, also to reach out to those who one day have to go on dialysis though my book i am writing!

dx with lupus nephritis 5/99'
daughter born 11/2005
stage IV CKD 11/2005-6/2007
8/2007- PD cathater inserted
9/2007- revision of PD Cathater
10/2007 started PD
Dodgedude2001

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 12:14:15 PM »

I DO have that and I have Goodpastures.....Its super rare to get both, but I sure did! My Dr thought I had a sinus for 4 month! By the time he figured out that I didnt have a sinus infect I was almost a goner! Wagner's is strang disease, well so is goodpastures.......
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 02:34:41 PM »

I had Goodpasture's too. 1 in a million get it. It is an autoimmune disease. No fun at all.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
Dodgedude2001

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 03:21:10 PM »

For sure.....I have both an both suck!!
Allie_LP

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 01:34:49 AM »

I have Wegener's myself and had chronic sinus/ENT problems all my life before my diagnosis over 12 years ago. The symptoms can be different for everyone for example, it mostly affected my kidneys whereas a friend of mine who also has it had more lung problems than anything. My biggest qualms were with the treatments consisting predominantly of high doses of steroids and chemo which left me rather unsightly for awhile. Fortunately I've been in remission for over 5 years and you can lead a perfectly normal life at that point just keeping moderation in mind. The best thing that has happened to me with regard to Wegener's was being involved in a clinical study at the National Institutes of Health in D.C.. Your friend should definitely look into that; they provide incredible care, every test in the book and are willing to pay travel expenses if you qualify to be in the study.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »