I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:41:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  my vascular surgeon's partner is a money sucking idiot!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my vascular surgeon's partner is a money sucking idiot!  (Read 3591 times)
sullidog
Elite Member

« on: March 11, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »

I saw my vascular surgeons partner today which is a real idiot. The only reason I saw the partner today because my regular one  was off. Anyways he wants to inject dye into my vaines because he claims the regular altrasounds don't show enough and there's still something they might be able to use. He also wants to use the same arm which to me may not be possible since I still have that swollen graft which he couldn't get a straight answer on that one either about why it's swollen like that. When I told him that dye hurts the kidneys he said well your kidneys are already gone anyways, but I still urinate I say, well I don't think it would affect it he says. I've had the altrasound vaine mapping done twice, and he thinks that injecting dye is going to result in finding a vaine? My bad vaines are what shut my graft down for goodness sake so why try something else when I can almost guarantee it's going to be a waste of time, money sucking idiot! I'm so frustrated I'm about to just keep this catheter for life!

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
Bub

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:59:37 AM »

Sullidog I can sympathize, I had 5 outpatient vascular surgeries last year, and have one so far this year (with more too come).  Lordy I get so tired of this.
conkling86

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 02:29:02 PM »

My dialysis clinic head nurse sent me to the vascular surgeon because my numbers were slipping on my access, the surgeon did a Doppler on it and said its fine and that because the only real place to put a good access is in my upper arms. That he don't want to change anything until absolutely imperative. So I went back and told my regular dialysis nurse that, she was completely fine with that, a couple of months later the head nurse came back and said I needed to go back to the surgeon because she thought my access wasn't working right. I told her what the surgeon said and she replied "well we have protocols I have to follow regardless of what the surgeon says". I was said really you want me to the surgeon to do surgery based solely on your opinion? She still hasn't answered that question yet!!

May 6 2005-First hospital dialysis
May 10 2005-First in-center dialysis
May 11 2005-First fistula placement
October 2007-Fistula revision
babycake

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 09:25:36 PM »

LOL im sure
the head nurse didnt answer your question
for she had no clu in the back of her dang mind what to say
(by any chance was she a dang dizzy blond)  LOL
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »