I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 09:22:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Hormonal inbalance from Dialysis
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hormonal inbalance from Dialysis  (Read 1481 times)
Lillupie

wedding 12-10-11

« on: June 14, 2011, 06:06:55 AM »

hello,
 I really believe that dialysis is making me zitty, break out, break out like someone going through puberty! I dont know what to do that will actually clear up my face! I have gone to the dermatologist several times, I have spent so much money on over the counter drugs. Nothing will clear up my face!! I think it is the dilaysis. I have been on going on 4  years now. And have had that rash/zit problem for almost a year and was clear before then.
 I also have one to two strands of, would you believe it? Chests hairs. THere is also more neck hairs for me to wax or pluck our, and a few chin hairs. I saw a OB/GYN for my yearly and mentioned it to him and he wants to say its my skin and ask the dermatologist about it! What?!  I asked for birth control pills (hey it might clear up the acne) and he says no because ifyou have lupus that can cause blood clotting! Are you kidding me? Blood clotting? Yes for some, some lupus patients, lupus does cause blood clotting problems, but I have NOT had a blood clotting problem personally and I have been in total remission from lupus for 12 years! I CANNOT stand for the damn mendical professionals to put us all in the same category! :banghead;
Oh and before you ask, I still do have monthly peroids.

Grr. I just want my face to clear up.

Lisa

Check out my Facebook profile for CKD "Help Lisa Spread Awareness for Kidney Disease"

It is my utmost dream and desire to reach out to other kidney patients for them to know that they are not alone in this, also to reach out to those who one day have to go on dialysis though my book i am writing!

dx with lupus nephritis 5/99'
daughter born 11/2005
stage IV CKD 11/2005-6/2007
8/2007- PD cathater inserted
9/2007- revision of PD Cathater
10/2007 started PD
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 02:53:58 PM »

I'm going through the same thing. I'm suffering from acne, mostly around my monthly cycle too. I firmly believe it's the heparin. Heparin does have a whole list of nasty side effects, acne being one of them. You're not alone in this, I totally understand what you're going through and I"m going to be 40 next year, I feel like a teenager, seriously    :'(    ::)   >:(

Diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease at age 19.
Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Began dialysis on Aug 15, 2010.
Creatine @ time of dialysis: 27. I almost died.
History of High Blood Pressure
I have Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis in My Feet
AV Fistula created in Nov. 2011, still buzzing well!
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »