I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:54:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  An update.....
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An update.....  (Read 50508 times)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »

Hearty congrats are in order, KC!!  Well done you!  Hey, could you share some of the details of your paper on kidney diseases?  I'd love to hear more about it.  Thanks!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2014, 06:17:27 PM »

Well done! I'd be interested, also, in seeing your paper.

Galvo
natnnnat
Elite Member

« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2014, 06:33:47 PM »

Hi KC :-) you're back in school too I see!  And having a blast by the looks.  I've gone back to school too so we can be first years together (or maybe you are doing postgraduate studies, I didn't read slow enough to pick that up.  Anyway, aint it fun in school?  :bandance;  You are better at keeping people up to date than me though, I'm going to try and be inspired by your posts to make some also.  Hope your ankle is mending.  Yay for the boyfriend!!!

Natalya – Sydney, Australia
wife of Gregory, who is the kidney patient: 
1986: kidney failure at 19 years old, cause unknown
PD for a year, in-centre haemo for 4 years
Transplant 1 lasted 21 years (Lucy: 1991 - 2012), failed due to Transplant glomerulopathy
5 weeks Haemo 2012
Transplant 2 (Maggie) installed Feb 13, 2013, returned to work June 17, 2013 average crea was 130, now is 140.
Infections in June / July, hospital 1-4 Aug for infections.

Over the years:  skin cancer; thyroidectomy, pneumonia; CMV; BK; 14 surgeries
Generally glossy and happy.

2009 - 2013 PhD research student : How people make sense of renal failure in online discussion boards
Submitted February 2013 :: Graduated Sep 2013.   http://godbold.name/experiencingdialysis/
Heartfelt thanks to IHD, KK and ADB for your generosity and support.
Kitty Cat

Lila & Smudgie

« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2014, 09:31:14 AM »

I am so sorry I've been so delayed in responding. Things have been incredibly busy with the end of the term and lots of OT at work. Plus, I have 3 weeks to get everything done that I need to get done before the next trimester starts (May 13th). I'm taking a little time to breathe today, but not by much!!

My final grades were A, B, B-. I am so incredibly excited I can't even explain it! I'm attaching the term paper for kidney disease for those who requested it and anybody else who wants to read it. It's not very technical, more of a history/where it's going type thing. I didn't want it to be technical, I wanted somebody to read it who has never dealt with kidney disease to get a taste of what it's like, what happens. We're all there, we know. I want more people to understand it. It's also a little more cookie cutter than I would have liked, but sadly, my research came up with basics and we all know everybody, every situation is different.

natnnnat, I am loving school, just as you are. This was my first trimester in more than 30 years, weird to be a freshman at age 50!! lol!! I never thought I would get to this point in my life where I could do something like this, never mind enjoy it! It was a dream on the back burner. Care taking for my husband came first and that was it. My ankle is back to normal, I slipped on a blanket I had dropped on the floor, there was a pop and it's been fine ever since then!! Go figure!! lol!! The boyfriend is amazing. I never thought I would find somebody else in my life, we really enjoy each others company and make each other laugh all the time. We are perfect for each other. I haven't been this happy since I don't know when!  :2thumbsup;  What are you studying natnnnat?? I'm studying medical billing & coding, I'm loving every second!!

Enjoy the paper everybody, if you have any comments, please let me know. I may have to do this again, (I really hope not!!!!!) but if I do, I could use the comments.

Have an awesome day...

I couldn't place the attachment here, so I'll try and put the paper in this space...

One of the leading diseases affecting Americans is kidney disease. Currently, there
are 96,645 people awaiting kidney transplants. On average, nearly 3,000 people are added
to the kidney transplant waiting list. 13 people die each day while waiting for their life saving
transplant. Last year, 4,903 people died while waiting for a kidney transplant. Last year,
 16,812 kidney transplants took place in the U.S. Of these, 11,043 kidney transplants came
from deceased donors and 5,769 came from living donors. The National Kidney Foundation,
Inc. N.p., n.d. Web.(no date)

Most people are unaware that they have any type of kidney problems, until they are
 unhealthy and the person needs to have advanced help, such as dialysis. There are
symptoms that should not be ignored:

1. Leg and back pain. The most typical sign of chronic kidney disease is a pain in the legs
and upper back, near where the kidneys are located. Normally, you will feel pain in the side
of the affected kidney. It is a terrible pain that you are unable to ignore.

2. Urinary urgency.  You may find yourself getting up much more in the middle of the night
to urinate. The pressure on the bladder can be so strong that you may not feel that you are
completely able to empty your bladder. This can feel like a urinary tract infection, however, if
there is blood involved, a doctor’s visit is needed immediately.

3.  Fatigue. Healthy kidneys produced EPO (erythropoietin) hormone, which commands
oxygen-carrying red blood cells to energize the muscles and brain. Without EPO, you will be
fatigued and need to sleep more often. It can feel like you have the flu by worn out you feel.

4. Swelling. While kidneys are failing, they are unable to eliminate all the fluid necessary to
keep the body running in hemostasis. The excess fluid pools in your body creating swelling
in the hands, feet, legs, ankles. It can be bad enough that you may not be able to put on
your shoes or rings.

5. Irritated skin. Breakouts, such as acne or itchy rashes occur because of the excess
waste floating around in the body.

6. Nausea. The increase of waste that cannot be eliminated through blood (dialysis) or
urine, will result in a feeling of nausea as well as a lack of appetite and weight loss. In
severe cases, vomiting will make it difficult to keep food/nourishment down.

7. Metallic flavor. Patients, whose kidneys fail, often describe a metallic taste that lingers in
the mouth prior to actual kidney failure. This metal flavor is due to uremia (excess waste bi-
product present in the bloodstream).  Your Daily Dose of Health Headlines." ActiveBeat.
N.p., n.d. Web.(no date)

Kidney damage and decreased function that lasts longer than 3 months is called
chronic kidney disease (CKD). CKD is dangerous because you may not have symptoms
until considerable, often irreparable kidney damage has occurred. The most common
causes of CKD are diabetes, types 1 and 2, high blood pressure. Other causes are immune
system conditions such as Lupus, HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis B and C. Urinary tract infections.
Multiple infections can lead to scarring and eventual kidney damage. Inflammation in the
glomeruli within the kidneys. this occurs after strep infections. Polycystic kidney disease.
PKD-fluid filled cysts form in the kidneys over time. This is the most common form of
inherited kidney disease. Congenital defects. These are present at birth, often the result of a
urinary tract obstruction or malformation that affects the kidneys. Drugs and toxins. Long
term exposure to some medications and chemicals overuse of NSAIDS such as ibuprofen
and naproxen and use if IV street drugs.  Better Information. Better Health." WebMD.
WebMD, n.d. Web (no date)

There is a lengthy history to dialysis, it goes back as far as 100 AD. The first dialysis
took place in the Roman baths. People who suffered from a build up of urea in their systems
soaked in the baths to “sweat out” the toxins. Thomas Graham described the
process of dialysis. Then in 1869, Swiss surgeon Jacques Louis Reverdin performed the
first documented human tissue grafting. In 1912, French surgeon Alexis Carrel developed
methods of joining blood vessels, opening the door to transplantation. He also developed
fluids and a way of circulating them in order to keep transplanted tissues alive outside the
body. 1913 John Abel developed an artificial kidney for dialysis with animals. However, the
substance removed was salicylic acid, not urea. And he used hirudin (crushed leech heads)
as an anticoagulant, a substance with negative side effects. 1918 the first blood transfusion
took place. 1928 the anticoagulant hirudin was replaced by heparin, which is still used to
this day. 1943 Dr. William Kolff created a crude kidney machine, he is known as the father
of dialysis. 1954 Dr. Joseph E. Murray completed the first successful living-related kidney
transplant at Brigham & Women’s Hospital in Boston. 1962 Drs. Joseph Murray and David
Hume performed the first successful kidney transplant from a cadaver. These were the
earliest steps into present day dialysis. "KIDNEY DISEASE AIN'T FUN...." Welcome To My Homepage. N.p., n.d. Web.(no date)

Now that our kidneys have been damaged, we need to start dialysis. Why? Because
approximately 1500 liters of blood are filtered by a healthy person’s kidneys every day. A
person who has kidney damage and does not do dialysis, will build up waste in their blood
stream and eventually levels will become high enough that coma then death would occur.
There are 3 types of dialysis that can be done: Peritoneal. A tube is surgically placed into
the peritoneal cavity. Once this has healed, a fluid exchange takes place, (the solution is
rich in minerals and glucose), sometimes more than once a day, to absorb the waste that
the kidneys can no longer filter. The solution is left in the peritoneal cavity, after a certain
amount of time, the fluid is drained from the cavity to be discarded. CAPD. Continuous
ambulatory peritoneal dialysis requires no machinery and the exchanges are done by hand.
The solution is left in the cavity for up to 8 hours. It is then replaced with fresh solution right
away. This happens every day, four to five times a day. CCPD. Continuous cyclic peritoneal
dialysis. A machine does the fluid exchanges. It takes place at night while the patient
sleeps. Each session takes from 10-12 hours. Hemodialysis. This takes place in a hospital
or dialysis center. It requires a special machine (hemodialyzer) that removes the blood from
your body, cleans it and returns the cleaned blood to your body. a special vein is
constructed surgically called a fistula. The fistula is an enlarged vein so that the catheters
can be inserted to use this process. There is another type of fistula, mostly used when the
patient needs to start dialysis before the fistula has had a chance to heal. This is called a
Perma Cath.This can become infected easily because it is directly in the jugular vein and
can’t get wet. it is to only be used as a temporary catheter. Prescription Drug Information,
Interactions & Side Effects." Drugs.com | Prescription Drug Information, Interactions & Side
Effects. N.p., n.d. Web and "Health Articles, Health Videos and Other Health Information." Health Articles, Health Videos and Other Health Information. N.p., n.d. Web.(no date)

Hemodialysis takes place 3 days a week, up to four hours per session.  This depends
on the amount of fluid the patient has gained since the last session and how well the
patient’s kidneys work. Hemodialysis filters out the waste products from the blood
through a catheter, into the machine that cleans the blood, just as a kidney would, returning
the cleaned blood to the body through the second catheter. In effect, the patient is
connected to an artificial kidney. Dialysis is not the optimum solution to kidney failure,
however, it will extend your life until a transplant can occur. At this time, the waiting list for a
kidney transplant is between 5 and 10 years. This depends on the blood type and factors,
such as immune system activity will determine how long you are on the waiting list for a
cadaver kidney ."National Library of Medicine - National Institutes of Health." U.S National
Library of Medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web.(no date)

Other types of transplant are effective also and may shorten the length of time on the
transplant list. If you can find a living donor, who may be a family member with the same
blood type. There are a number of criteria that need to be met, that can qualify or disqualify
you as a donor. Such things as smoking, drinking, obesity and other factors can disqualify
you even if you are a perfect match. The transplanted kidney does not goin the same area
as the current kidney. It goes into the abdominal area in the front of the body. once you
have had your transplant, you are required to take immunosupressants for the rest of your
life to prevent rejection. The new kidney will generally start to make urine quickly.
Sometimes it takes a little longer if the kidney was shocked while being transplanted.  A
patient with a transplanted kidney has a life expectancy of 10-15 years that he/she would
not have had without this transplant. A living donor kidney will reach optimum function within
3-5 days while a cadaver kidney takes approximately 7-15 days. Many people who have
had a transplant become much more active than they were before. The National Kidney
Foundation holds walks and also their own form of Olympics for transplant patients.
"Dartmouth-Hitchcock." Patients & Visitors. N.p., n.d. Web.(no date)

The future for kidney patients looks a little brighter with experimentation creating
laboratory created rat kidneys. This can potentially create a bioengineered kidney for
human. It is many years away yet, the experiments are still in their beginning stages. The
University of California San Francisco, is in the process of creating a very small dialysis
machine. This is something that could be implanted. It is considered an artificial kidney and
the FDA is putting it on the fast track for testing and approval. This could give a person the
ability to move around and enjoy their life style without being strapped to a chair as they
have been. It will be exciting to see these products form and start being used to help kidney
patients be able to enjoy their lives as some have not been able to for a very long time.
"Science Fair Project Ideas, Answers, & Tools." Science Fair Project Ideas, Answers, &
Tools. N.p., n.d. Web.(no date)

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »

Wow! Congratulations on a well-rounded paper! Maybe it WILL help someone.  :2thumbsup;

I am so pleased that life is serving up roses for you. You certainly deserve it!

I always loved school. I guess that is why I ended up being a teacher - so I could continue going to school!  :rofl;

Seriously, though, there is no better way to stay sharp and current than to go to school.  :clap;

Take some breathing room and then hit the books again refreshed and renewed.

:cuddle;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2014, 11:25:44 PM »

Well done!

Galvo
Kitty Cat

Lila & Smudgie

« Reply #206 on: May 05, 2014, 02:52:37 PM »

Happy Monday everyone!!

Aleta and Galvo,
Thank you for the response on my paper, I truly appreciate it. This came from my heart and I wanted to make people aware of kidney disease. I also push on organ donations too. That won't ever change.

School starts next Tuesday, I can't believe these 3 weeks disappeared so quickly!! I have my books, they are huge and they are heavy! I guess I officially start weight lifting!! I am excited to get started, my Thursday night teacher is the same woman I had last semester, I really like her and understand what she's looking for, hers was the class I got an A in. The other teacher I've heard pros and cons, I'm not making any judgements, each person sees things differently, so one person telling me that the teacher is terrible could have some kind of issue that I may not have. Or even the other way around. The school has a fantastic tutoring program, if things get tricky, then I can go there.

My kitten (he actually just turned a year old) has been keeping me on my toes and I set up a facebook page for him, I am so incredibly surprised how popular he is!! People really like him and his antics, everything I write about that he's done, he's really done! His stunt last week was to run out of the house between mine and the dogs legs. However, he did this at 5:20 am, he is an all black cat and the outside was a very inky black itself because of the rain. Thankfully, I was able to get him in quickly, not chasing him around the yard as we've done in the past, but everytime I put the dog out now, Rupurrt gets locked into a room! I've also bought a harness for him, I'm waiting for it to arrive because I'm hoping that if I can take him out under controlled circumstances then he won't want to run out as often or at all! I have no idea how I get myself into all this, I'm not complaining but I can certainly never call my life boring!! lol! If you ever want to check out Rupurrt's FB page, it's   https://www.facebook.com/Rupurrt  he really is adorable, full of mischief!!
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #207 on: May 05, 2014, 03:30:31 PM »

Rupurrt has quite a following! I "liked" his page, so I'm now a fan, too. You have the makings of a book, there, Kitty Cat! Keep it up!  :2thumbsup; :2thumbsup;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Kitty Cat

Lila & Smudgie

« Reply #208 on: May 06, 2014, 02:42:11 AM »

Thank you Aleta! I just saw that you liked his page! Every single thing I post on him, he's done. He keeps me on my toes, never in my life have I had a cat like this!! Full of mischief and for him, it's completely natural! Since he's gotten taller, he can stand on his hind legs and grab my feet while I'm sleeping, scaring me half to death. He can walk like an elephant or as quiet as air. When it comes to the feet, it's like air!! Lol! He grabbed my boyfriend's feet one night and scared him, he thought I did it, I had to explain it was Rupurrt and definitely not me. Of course, that gave me quite the case of giggles!!
I've got to finish getting ready for work, lots of ot, but it doesn't count this week since I was out sick yesterday. Sinuses and allergies collided, knocked me flat. This afternoon I'm looking for a new allergy med, my boyfriend keeps recommending claritin, I may give it a shot because this is out of hand this year!!
Have a great day!!
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2014, 09:50:32 PM »

I'm now a fan!

Galvo
Kitty Cat

Lila & Smudgie

« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2014, 08:40:24 AM »

Galvo!! That was you!!! I just saw he was at 1300 and saw your name. I  wondered if it was you!! Thank you!!  :clap; :clap; It's a fun page and every little thing posted that he gets into, he really gets into!! Some days my head spins with what he does!! I'm curious to know if he'll mellow out as he gets older or if this is his personality.  :)
nataliemac

« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2014, 05:18:51 AM »

:cuddle; Thanksyou so much for sharing your story i have just read it from the start. i needed a tissue or 6 i must look like such a tool sitting here blubbering and then to see you slowly rebuild your life its just such a good feeling to read this. thanks again for sharing
Kitty Cat

Lila & Smudgie

« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2014, 05:52:22 PM »

nataliemac,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It's been a long road, I'll probably always be on it, one way or another. If I had to do it over, I would in a heartbeat. I'm sorry it made you cry, that wasn't my intention, quite honestly I don't know what my intention was outside of getting things off my chest. This is my home away from home, I have no idea where I'd be without everybody here. I cry when I see we've lost somebody, I celebrate with them when something wonderful happens. This is my family. I hope you feel  the same way. There will never be judgement here, only support and love  :cuddle;
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2014, 09:29:45 PM »

I don't know how I missed the paper you posted, KC!  I've just finished reading it and am very impressed.  It was a good idea to make it not too technical so that any/everyone could read it and really learn something.  The history of treatment for CKD was particularly fascinating; I learned so much!  Thank you and many congratulations on a job well done!

It's always so nice to see you posting on IHD, and I hope you continue to visit and post often.  We love you here at IHD.  :grouphug;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Kitty Cat

Lila & Smudgie

« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2014, 04:00:49 PM »

Thank you MooseMom. It's been a tough week, a lot of things have come back for myself and my daughter as Mark's younger brother passed away. The funeral was Wednesday and there was a slide presentation of pictures from when the kids were younger, meaning adult too. To see pictures of Mark in his healthier days was almost earth shattering! I had forgotten how he had looked before kidney disease! Then I feel guilty because I didn't remember and how could you not remember, but at the same time I was with him all the time so for me it was a subtle change over the years. One that wouldn't be noticed unless you hadn't seen him. Now, I understand why there were a few people who kept saying how different he looked!

Started classes this week, kicked off my Tuesday night class with a bang. Sat in the front row and promptly fell asleep!!! My friend nudged my ankle, I jumped not realizing i'd fallen asleep then we both giggled. Needless to say, that won't happen ever again!!!I think I was stressed knowing I had the funeral the next morning.

I really enjoyed working on the paper, it felt familiar, if that makes any kind of sense. When I saw the tutor, I had to defend my paper, meaning that he asked a kazillion questions and I knew all the answers, he told me he was impressed.

Have a great weekend, I'm going to work on my massive amounts of homework (the only thing I didn't miss!! lol!!)

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2014, 09:08:19 PM »

KC, I'm so sorry to hear that the painful past has bitten you and your daughter.  I am sitting here imagining what it must have felt like for you to see those slides of Mark in his healthier days.   :cuddle;  The funeral must have been really difficult for you.  I hope you are feeling better today.

It makes a LOT of sense that working on your paper made you feel like you were in familiar territory because, well, you WERE!  I bet you could have answered just about any questions your tutor could have thought up.  I also bet he learned a lot from you.  I hope to God he never needs that knowledge, but if he does, he'll have you to thank.

Good luck with your homework!

boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2014, 09:32:38 PM »

always good to hear from you kc (and of course mm ;)  and kc,,,, i owe you a letter :)  In reading this last bit from you, i wanted to tell you that i am also looking at a 'service' this thursday.  It's my bo's sister.  She passed away just this week and i spent almost 10 strait hours with her in this final time.  For me, it was healing, and i had asked her a month ago if she would take my love to Bo and we both thought that to be kind of exciting.  She got cancer, and it was very bad by the time she went in for it.  It was rough, but short, and i never thought i could do this again but life has a way of keeping us on our toes doesnt it.  Im somewhat dreading thursday, so any prayers thrown my way are welcomed with open heart :)  Love to all, for all we do and deal  :flower;

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Kitty Cat

Lila & Smudgie

« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2015, 02:04:06 PM »

Hi! It's been a very long time, a lot has happened and I've learned so much it's incredible.
I've given up my home, moved in with my boyfriend and it's the best thing I've ever done. I will be graduating college in June, somehow, I have no idea how...I made Dean's list for the fall semester! I'm tickled, never thought that was a possibility!
For the downfall, my daughter has been diagnosed with the same kidney disease as my husband had. His nephrologist has taken her on as a patient, I am so grateful that he will work with her. He put her on a no/low protein diet with one serving of dairy per day, along with green leafy vegetables and a few other changes. She (thankfully) has taken this seriously, we found out right before Christmas and it put a slight damper on things. it was still good. she just had her first bloodwork since the diagnosis and with the dietary changes, her blood levels are coming back toward the normal range. We know eventually things won't stay this way, but if it can be pushed off until my grandsons are much older, then this is wonderful!
I had a feeling when she was tested all those years ago to be a donor that she would someday be in this position, she matched him so closely. She was offended that we wouldn't let her donate that kidney, now I am so happy that we stuck to our guns. I'm still hoping that as time goes on, something more progressive can be done that we didn't know about when her dad was still alive. Who knows what the future will be and with that term paper I did on kidney disease last winter, I know there is progress, but it's never fast enough.
I'm off to work on my coding homework, I can't believe there are only 4 weeks of classes left, I can't believe how fast this year since I started school has flown by! Remarkable. This year, it will be 4 years since Mark passed on! That also doesn't seem possible. All the changes in my life have been for the good, I never thought I could move on, but I have and I'm doing it with grace and humility. Everything I learned over all the years of kidney failure and dialysis, etc, etc have not wandered far from the front of my mind. Two weeks ago in coding class, they showed a picture of a hemo dialysis machine. Without hesitation, I explained to the class exactly what was taking place and how the machine operated! Then I was stunned that I remembered! I guess this is something that will always remain a part of me!
I'd better get going on that homework, I hope all of you are well and again thank you for being part of my family.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2015, 03:08:23 PM »

I've been in a somewhat foul mood all day.  Not sure why.  Annual post tx apt coming up in a bit over a month; maybe I'm more anxious about that than I realize.  Anyway, I was a real grumpy guts,

AND THEN I READ THIS!!!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH, KITTY CAT, FOR POSTING!!!!!  YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY, AND THAT IS NO UNDERSTATEMENT!

Please continue to visit here from time to time to give us updates on your new, wonderful and exciting life.

Our best wishes to your daughter.  I hope a cure will have been found before she ever needs to even think about dialysis. :grouphug;

Kitty Cat

Lila & Smudgie

« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2015, 03:00:26 PM »

Thank you Moose Mom! I love making people smile  :)  I hope all goes well for you at your appointment, it still amazes me how much I remember as if it were yesterday! I sit back now and look at where I was just 4 years ago and where I am now, this is not something I could have ever imagined. I mean, I'm finishing college, this is the first thing I've done for myself ever! It's an amazing thing, I've gotten over the guilt of moving on after Mark died and have been having so much fun! I can't even explain it. I still say (and mean it) that if I had to do it all again, I would. In a heartbeat. I've got a really good attitude about things, things are going so well with my boyfriend, moving in here was one of the best things I've done. I've never had anybody in my life that I can laugh with like this. We work really well together in the kitchen for meals on the weekend (because of our different schedules, we each take care of our own meals during the week). It's so different, but in a really good way. My kitty, Rupurrt, has taken to him and cuddles with him every single night, his kitty, Buddy, has become very near and dear to me as well. I can't even begin to guess why things turned out like this for me, I won't think much on it, but sit back and enjoy. Love to you!!
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2015, 03:34:00 PM »

If your kitties like each other, then that bodes well!! 

You deserve happiness in life; THAT's why things have turned out well for you.  You've paid your dues.   :cuddle;

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »