I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 10:20:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  OK Another DAVITA Rant thread. This time about our CHRISTMAS present.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OK Another DAVITA Rant thread. This time about our CHRISTMAS present.  (Read 18516 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: December 20, 2005, 12:22:07 AM »

So every year Davita gives us some crummy present. Well this year takes the cake. A few years back they gave patients blankets (of course with the Davita logo for free advertising for them) well they had left overs (alot) and I was told secretly by a worker (who shall remain nameless) that they are going to put a cut in the middle and turn them into scarves! WTF!!!!

Davita profited $200+ million dollars last year and the cheap bastards are using left over blankets from a few years ago. And passing them off to us as new scarves? GOD I hate Davita.

This actually sickens me, it's not even about saving money or doing good business (ways to cut cost) we patients are Davita's money train and they have the audacity too be so cheap.

BUT I heard from the same worker that the employees will be getting their bonus?

F**** *** Davita!!! I hope all of you Davita corporate executives end up in a chair right next to mine so you can see how it feels.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 01:43:17 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
LifeOnHold

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 06:04:10 AM »

You should get your fellow patients together, gather up all of your used drink cups, spray-paint them green, glue them together and present them to your unit as a 'Christmas Tree'   :D

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 07:36:14 PM »

DaVita gave us a “Holiday Lunch” today.  Half a glass of Cranberry Juice, 1/2 cup of canned mandarin oranges, and a 4" sub sandwich from Togo's (sandwich place).  My 4" sub had a Jalapeńo Pepper smack dab in the middle and about burnt my tongue off.  Was that my present??

Also, I got there on time at 2:00.  I didn’t get on the machine until 3:00.  So, I told them I needed to get off at my regular time of 5:00 (3 hour run…. For those of you in Rio Linda).
They wanted me to sign an early release form that said I voluntarily terminated my session early.  I wouldn’t sign it until she wrote the reason.  “Patient arrived on time.  We were behind schedule and patient got on late but left on time.”

Transplant teams look at that shit.  “Oh, she is noncompliant she leaves her sessions early.”  Well, shit I have plans too and I do what I’m supposed to.  They are the ones that can’t get it together.

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 09:11:54 PM »

Hey... I got my 1/2 of a blanket.... or scarf today.  It is so obvious.  Plus I got a yellow plastic back scratcher.... Like the ones I use to win at the county fair.  And a nice card.  The best part was the Christmas bag....... I can use that again next year.   8)

LifeOnHold

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 11:33:52 PM »

The Christmas bag has a dual purpose-- when you get really sick of Davita, put your head in the bag and inhale deeply!  In about four minutes, all of your problems with Davita will disappear!    ;D

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
Panda_9

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 03:16:59 AM »

Our unit holds a xmas party for us each year from funds raised throughout the year. Cant complain about that!
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 02:49:30 PM »

It may not be a DAVITA, but I know Fresenius is much more generous with their X-Mas presents. :(  It really no fault of the clinic.  Last year I got a lovely coffee mug with a Penguin on it. This for a person everyone knows doesn't drink coffee.  Each clinic is only allowed to give a think a max of a $10 present to each patient and staff member.  It has to do with a policy about giving and receiving gifts.  Think of it kinda like politics,  if you give a lot of money to the mayor and then they do or say something really good about you because of that bribe then it is a bad thing.  They actually have a policy to cover those things to keep their butts clean should anything happen.  It covers patients, staff, and vendors.  Now if you get a clinic like aMbEr_79 that raises it own money somehow your in luck.  We had some juice, small sandwiches, and cookies with other things in the lobby for the patients that we chipped in for. :)

It's not easy being green.
zekewolfy

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 09:08:13 PM »

Oh yea? This year Davita gave us cold subs from subway......except when we tried to eat them we were bitched at by the RN because of the no eating or drinking policy in the clinics. WTF? Why give out food at all?

The last place I thought I would find Corporate Stupidity would be at a Dialysis center......Silly Me!!!
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 06:37:29 AM »

well I got nothing for christmas!!

of course I go to a public not private unit so that may explain it.

I bought a big bag of goodies for my nurses though... stuff from The Body Shop like hand cream and lotion, body oils and soap and stuff.. they seemed to like it :)

I take my own wooly blanket with me.. which I (ahem) borrrowed from a certain airline's first class cabin :)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 03:56:21 PM »

well I got nothing for christmas!!

of course I go to a public not private unit so that may explain it.

I bought a big bag of goodies for my nurses though... stuff from The Body Shop like hand cream and lotion, body oils and soap and stuff.. they seemed to like it :)

I take my own wooly blanket with me.. which I (ahem) borrrowed from a certain airline's first class cabin :)

That was very sweet of you to take them those goodies RichardMel, i am sure they appreciated it (they better have) ;)
And as for that "wooly blanket"  i wont tell if you wont ;) ;) ;) :popcorn;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 07:01:45 PM »

we got a fresenius scarf and the nurses bought the patients some stuff also.
they personalized the gift bags for each patient.   this was in my bag,  a small kit of axe body wash and deodorant, can of sugar cookies, gift baggy of hard candies, travel size lotion and kleenex, vet wrap, (use it after needles are pulled to hold extra pressure) the head nurse mad small loafs of raisin bread for the patients.  The dietician made sugar cookies and bread.  We got 3 slices of bread, one poppy seed, (my favorite) one had orange vest or something in it and i dont know what the other one was.  all good thou. :popcorn;  that was very nice of them to do that.  it seems the nurses shelled out more money than fresenius did.  :D  :lol;

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 05:39:39 PM »

My center gave us a small radio/flashlight contraption.  Ever look at the Oriental Trading catalog?  It was something from out of there.  Last year they gave us a freezer/lunch bag.
They also gave us a party with sandwiches and drinks which I didn't go to.  I really didn't feel like hanging around that day after dialysis to have a stale sandwich and some warm ginger ale.   :P

Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Panda_9

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 03:18:58 AM »

We had a BBQ in the park for our xmas party. All food, drinks, dessert was provided. The usual circus show was there as well, except the guy that normally does the other half of the circus act was very ill and in hospital, so it was a shame to not have him part of the show.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 03:30:03 PM »

The center gave us a turkey two weeks before Christmas, and then a ten dollar Stater Bros Gift card.  The center doctor who has been there for years dresses up as Santa and runs around and chases the nurses and gives us the certificates.  One of the techs goes as his elf as he makes the rounds.   The techs all run and go into hiding when he is in the Santa suit. 

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
nextnoel

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 08:47:14 AM »

Kitkatz, I'm sometimes a stick in the mud, I know, but it seems incongrous to me to have so much hullabaloo in a place where medical treatments are taking place!  And if Santa is giving gifts at a dialysis center, it damn well should be a new & healthy kidney, not some !@#$ gift certificate! >:D

BTW, what's "Stater Bros"?

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 09:16:19 PM »

Stater Bros is the grocery store chain that is the cheapest in our area.  It is a big southern California chain. I am sorry you all do not have them  If you are in the South think Krogers.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
nextnoel

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 05:26:19 AM »

If you are in the South think Krogers.
Oh, I get it - thanks!

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
Adam_W
Elite Member

Me with Baron von Fresenius

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 08:37:31 PM »

:bump; The centre that I do home hemo through is a Davita, and I got SOCKS for Christmas. Yup, blue and yellow socks with the Davita logo on them. Even my nurses thought they were retarded. I did get a nice Christmas card in the mail that all my nurses had signed.

Adam

-Diagnosed with ESRD (born with one kidney, hypertension killed it) Jan 21st, 2007
-Started dialysis four days later in hospital (Baxter 1550-I think, then Gambro Phoenix)
-Started in-centre dialysis Feb 6th 2007 (Fres. 2008H)
-Started home hemo June 5th 2007 (NxStage/Pureflow)
-PD catheter placed June 6th 2008 (Bye bye NxStage, at least for now)
-Started CAPD July 4th, 2008
-PD catheter removed Dec 2, 2008-PD just wouldn't work, so I'm back on NxStage
-Kidney function improved enough to go off dialysis, Feb. 2011!!!!!
-Back on dialysis (still NxStage) July 2011 :(
-In-centre self-care dialysis March 2012 (Fresenius 2008K)
-Not on transplant list yet.

"Don't live for dialysis, use dialysis to LIVE"
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 08:44:57 PM »

We got a retarded red neck pillow for Christmas.

lifenotonthelist.com

bolta72

my best friend

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 05:34:41 AM »

I got the socks too, last year was a pair of mittens. ???

gotta do what I gotta do.. 2 yrs in ctr hemo
Lori1851

This is me Lori , Dustin's mom

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 07:22:00 AM »

:waving; Friends,
Dustin got a really nice soft blanket/throw from Fresenius. The tech gave him cards and he also got some candy from a few of them. They even had mine and hubby's name on the cards too. I thought that was nice.
Lori/Indiana
qwerty

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »

all the employees were required to bring in 15 $1.00 gifts and baskets were made up for each patient this year. I didnt mind putting out a few bucks and in the long run each patient got a bag of goodies. Davita did provide a snack of one chicken wing and HALF a donut LOL. Only water to drink. What bothered me was that it was expressed it was "Davita" who gave them the gifts. I was appalled as it wasnt the company but the staff and feel it should have been presented as "from the staff".
Fierceheart

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 06:46:58 PM »

:thumbup;

I am a patient who with 2 other people went out and got wal-mart to donate 6 turkeys, the doctrs to donate money to purshase 5 pairs of movie tickets, I purchased 3 massage pillows and center bough 3 blankets, we raffled them off, we put gift bags together, and for food we had turkey cream cheese wraps and cake with hot cidar from costco.
     We to got the scarfs, hate when they put the logo on there stuff.

Salem Dialysis Advocate for Patients
Co-founder
LadyStardust89

Best darnest bowie fan dialysis patient ever...

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »

DaVita gave us a “Holiday Lunch” today.  Half a glass of Cranberry Juice, 1/2 cup of canned mandarin oranges, and a 4" sub sandwich from Togo's (sandwich place).  My 4" sub had a Jalapeńo Pepper smack dab in the middle and about burnt my tongue off.  Was that my present??

Also, I got there on time at 2:00.  I didn’t get on the machine until 3:00.  So, I told them I needed to get off at my regular time of 5:00 (3 hour run…. For those of you in Rio Linda).
They wanted me to sign an early release form that said I voluntarily terminated my session early.  I wouldn’t sign it until she wrote the reason.  “Patient arrived on time.  We were behind schedule and patient got on late but left on time.”

Transplant teams look at that shit.  “Oh, she is noncompliant she leaves her sessions early.”  Well, shit I have plans too and I do what I’m supposed to.  They are the ones that can’t get it together.

we have that noncompliant thing too... even though I get a little antsy when they are late putting me on.. I don't mind because our unit is a hospital and they have some very acute patients... I  think that our nurses are very much overworked.. But even though I do get a bit pissed at them .. I know they are the best dialysis crew ever.. lol  :waving; they are far better than most centers.. we have beds and zylocaine..  :2thumbsup; also an ice machine. wicked.

Bowie fan,llama fanatic... dialysis patient. Wicked.
Kitsune

Sometimes the dragon wins.

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2008, 12:31:33 AM »

we have that noncompliant thing too... even though I get a little antsy when they are late putting me on.. I don't mind because our unit is a hospital and they have some very acute patients... I  think that our nurses are very much overworked.. But even though I do get a bit pissed at them .. I know they are the best dialysis crew ever.. lol  :waving; they are far better than most centers.. we have beds and zylocaine..  :2thumbsup; also an ice machine. wicked.

No bed, no ice machine here. Just warm water (if you don't bring your own), basic cable, 5 inch arm TVs and a hard-as-a-rock chair that's about 10 years old that some old lady probably died in and a dialysis crew (with the exception of like 3-4 people) that know jack. Sooo glad I'm on the transplant list and will be getting out eventually.

"Run your mouth when I'm not around
It's easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
Can you hear the violins playing your song?
Those same friends tell me your every word"- Pantera "Walk" (1991)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »