I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:23:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Workers
| | | |-+  techs
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: techs  (Read 4335 times)
babycake

« on: May 03, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »

i have never experienced anything bad from the center that im at (unless you can say something differnt when i woke up in a pile of blood)
i had fallen alseep and  you figure one of the techs would had noticed and woke up and omg i was soaked with blood
they wernt sure what had happen they were kinda thinkng that the needle wasent all the way in.. but it was so it didnt make sense
i havent been to any other centers but i have heard about one from a kidney yahoo group
this member lives back east if i recall

she was saying that the techs were using up the dull needles  with the patients that didnt even have button holes
you just dont do that
the dulls can only be used if a patient has a button hole
 im pretty sure that would had been painful other wise
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 06:04:35 AM »

she was saying that the techs were using up the dull needles  with the patients that didnt even have button holes
you just dont do that

I don't think they would physically been able to do that.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
greg10

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:12:15 AM »

i have never experienced anything bad from the center that im at (unless you can say something differnt when i woke up in a pile of blood)
i had fallen alseep and  you figure one of the techs would had noticed and woke up and omg i was soaked with blood
they wernt sure what had happen they were kinda thinkng that the needle wasent all the way in.. but it was so it didnt make sense
i havent been to any other centers but i have heard about one from a kidney yahoo group
this member lives back east if i recall

you just dont do that

Newbie caretaker, so I may not know what I am talking about :)
Caretaker for my elderly father who has his first and current graft in March, 2010.
Previously in-center hemodialysis in national chain, now doing NxStage home dialysis training.
End of September 2010: after twelve days of training, we were asked to start dialyzing on our own at home, reluctantly, we agreed.
If you are on HD, did you know that Rapid fluid removal (UF = ultrafiltration) during dialysis is associated with cardiovascular morbidity?  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=20596
We follow a modified version: UF limit = (weight in kg)  *  10 ml/kg/hr * (130 - age)/100

How do you know you are getting sufficient hemodialysis?  Know your HDP!  Scribner, B. H. and D. G. Oreopoulos (2002). "The Hemodialysis Product (HDP): A Better Index of Dialysis Adequacy than Kt/V." Dialysis & Transplantation 31(1).   http://www.therenalnetwork.org/qi/resources/HDP.pdf
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »