I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 10:23:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Is this desolate life worth living ?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this desolate life worth living ?  (Read 6677 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: March 28, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »

Well ive rung dialysis and told them i wont be in tomorrow , will i go in again ? who knows ! Why because life isnt worth living right now . The one place i should have peace , privacy , my home im scared to leave tonight. Why because of next door , im dare not leave my home empty. Whats all this about a burst football. Once again their ball was in my garden and i just let the dog out and of course he grabbed it and it went pop, but i knew if i didnt throw it back over  tomorrow they would be over the fence and get it. (these are not normal polite neighbours) so i threw it back. Anyway a couple of hours later i get someone banging at my door , its her from next door screaming at me ive put a knife in it , then the threats started and her boyfriend joined in. How they will make sure my dogs are sorted ..you know im to weary to type the rest. Anyway i rang the police, waited 2 hours for them to come. To cut a long story short , its her childs ball , its her child kicking it over, her child must be in his 20's ! You know the rest about all this same trouble i had last summer. The police think im being unreasonable , they think i should check my garden to look for balls and the odd strange male in my garden firstly before i think about letting my dog out. They think its fine for them to climb into my garden and get their ball , rather than wait till im home. So here i am in my own home, no peace , no privacy and now i wont leave it. I just imagine the worst while im out at D. Maybe god is trying to tell me something , i dont know , i cant think straight anymore. My life is crap in every direction. A prisoner in my own body , a prisoner in my own home. How can this be worth anything ? How can life be worth anything when its made so dammed miserable every way i turn. How ?

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 05:48:11 PM »

Oh, this sounds like a miserable situation. KS, I'm so sorry. I don't have a lot of helpful advice or anything.  Someone - housing association, police, council member, neighbour - needs to come forward and help you. You should not have to live like this. And no, God is not trying to tell you anything. This is not a test, nor a sign, this is just more crap that you, my dear, do not need. I'm thinking of you and sending hugs. 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 06:46:49 PM »

I am sorry ur dealing with idiots, when i lived in my house, my neighbor kids werer..... uh... little thugs to put it nicely. broke my garage windows, ding-dong-ditched, broke mylivingroom window, threw cherry bombs at my dogs, nearly set fire to my garage with their bonfires, not to mention the 2 am fireworks, which are illegal here anyway, was scaring the holy crap out of my son, i asked nicely if they could do the rest tomorrow night, at an earlier time, they laughed at me...
what kind of dog do u have?

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 06:55:48 PM »

Oh, Kickstart, I'm worried about you!  :'(

And I don't know what to do or say.  :cuddle;

I just wish things were better.

:grouphug;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 07:24:53 PM »

:grouphug;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

woodsman

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 07:33:38 PM »

What's your address i'll come over there kick someones azz for you...  :Kit n Stik;
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 10:38:30 PM »

Next time bury the football - it never happened. LOL
Sorry KS - don't let these losers get to you!  :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 09:33:39 AM »

Kickie, I hope you made it to dialysis.  I'm surprised at the police; if your neighbours are intimidating you to the extent that you daren't leave your house person-less then it is a police matter.  Nobody should be made to feel unsafe. Surely if they've threatened you/your dogs then the police shouldn't be claming it's a waste of their time and that you're being unreasonable?  I'd get onto the housing association as well (even if you already have; the more these things get logged, the better.)

*huggles* ... thinking of you.

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 09:47:50 AM »

To answer your original question, I really don't know.  Does make you wonder.

:cuddle;  I'm so sorry.  I wish I could be of more help.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 10:23:29 AM »

KS are they council tenants, you have rights and being threatened is not good.
Tracy

Loved the Movie!

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 11:01:16 AM »

KS, I wish I could be there with you to be your friend and help you through this.  You CAN make it through this.  You are a strong woman and very funny and lots of people look up to you, whether you know it or not.  Even when you think  people don't care, WE DO!  I want you to pull your boots up with the boot straps and hold your chin up high and go out there and do your D like you don't have any hesitation.  You are a remarkable woman!  You CAN do this!!!  We are all behind you, holding you up!  Don't let those jerks next door get to you.  Try your best to not look at them and  ignore them.  Just know that your IHD friends are here for you.

:cuddle;

9/1990 Found out I have Type 1 Diabetes
7/2008 Told I have GFR 30
2/2009 Kidney/Pancreas Transplant
5 days later, both removed due to massive rejection
Back on List
2/26/10 Fistula placed
3/11/10 Told GFR 9
5/14/10 Started in center Hemo
Waiting on another Transplant
carol1987

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 11:29:57 AM »

Why don't you try and get together with one of your 3 dialysis friends out of the center? 
Especially since they have separated you  >:(

Diagnosed with  PKD July 2002 (no family history)
Fistula placed April 2009
Placed on Transplant list April 2009
Started HD 10/6/10
Transplanted 1/6/11 (Chain Transplant My altruistic donor was  "Becky from Chicago" , and DH Mike donated on my behalf and the chain continued...)
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 12:48:41 PM »

I hurt for you. You've had so many things go wrong. I don't know how you keep finding the strength to overcome everything, but you do and I admire you for it. What about one of those automatic water sensor things to put along the side of your fence? They sense movement and turn on a sprinkler. They're intended to keep animals away. Your neighbors sound like animals, so it might be appropriate.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
Brightsky69

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 01:23:43 PM »

Kick you need to Start kicking some A$$.
I had a freaky neighbor who would rev his Harley at 4am when I was on dialysis and only averaging 3 hours of sleep a night. He was asked nicely to keep it down the the early AM...he just reved it louder. So....I called the police on him a couple of times. Police are no good...they never do anything. So since the guy was in the Navy and a Sr. Chief I called his command and told them that he was messing around and living with a little 19 year old female seaman who worked at his command. Granted I did have to call his command a couple of times and finaly called the Admiral of his command and now he is no longer living next door.  >:D >:D  You mess with the bull you get the horns.  >:D :rofl; ;D I sleep peacefully at night.  Oh and I called the city on his sorry a$$ a couple times too.. His yard was trashed with junk and tall grass.

Point being don't let some A$$ HOLES dictate your life. Most people are aholes who only care about themslves. Screw them!!!
 I LOVE the movie There Will Be Blood. There is a line where Daniel Plainview says "There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. I want to earn enough money that I can get away from everyone." He also says "I see the worst in people. I don't need to look past seeing them to get all I need."  That's pretty much my view on the general public. People suck....America is about nothing but comsumption and greed...who has the bigger house the shiniest car and the newest iphone. Most people don't care about other people they only care about what they can get. Hence..your neighbors and my neighbors...perfect example.
Screw you neighbors and hit em where it hurts if they do any damage to your property while your at dialysis. Don't let them win!! Don't let those little punks keep you from living your life! Kick some A$$!! ;D  >:D >:D

Transplant June 11, 1991 (1st time) my mom's kidney
Received my 2nd kidney transplant Oct. 19th 2010.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 02:13:22 AM »

What the hell? it's OK for them to come into your back yard WITHOUT PERMISSION to grab their ball? In my book that's legally TRESSPASS. Now I know the coppers are trying to be reasonable to all sides in that in their view it's only a ball and really why don't need to be called out for neighbourhood disputes like this, but honestly I think YOU need to reenfoce to THEM (and if not constable plod who comes after 2 hours then the station sargeant or something) that YOU feel UNSAFE and THREATENED in YOUR HOME. That should perk the buggers up. It's not ABOUT the bloody ball, it's about how THEY make you feel, and it seems that your dogs have been threatened - what over a ball??? Sounds like your neighbours are the sort that one drink too many (or whatever) and they could do moe than talk and do some damage to you, your place, your beloved furry family members - and the coppers should have a record of the various incidents. You're being unreasonable?? Really? unreasonable to not feel safe, that you feel you can't leave your place, and that they come over YOUR fence into YOUR backyard (again, tresspass). If this is council property can you not talk to them about it?

There must be some solution that does NOT involve putting your life at risk by not going to dialysis.

This is very disturbing on a number of levels. *sigh*

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
calypso

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 05:24:35 PM »

Don't take this the wrong way but you need counseling. It's not normal to want to hurt yourself due to the actions of others bringing you down.

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views ... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.
-Doctor Who, "Face of Evil"

"The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so." - Mark Twain

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 06:48:38 PM »

Makes me worry for you..... Please take some of the advice given here and get help... cops and emotional sweetie.  Many of us get to a point where we really need to have someone else dig us out and i wish it were us that could do that for you, but this is one your probably going to have to get the strength to inforce your property boundry , and yourself and your dogs..  bless you dear one.  I wish you well.

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Brightsky69

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 07:03:06 AM »

Please write back and say you've been going to dialysis.  :pray;

Tracy

Loved the Movie!

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »

KS, please write...let us know that you are ok!!

<3  my daughter uses this as a heart.   :grouphug;

9/1990 Found out I have Type 1 Diabetes
7/2008 Told I have GFR 30
2/2009 Kidney/Pancreas Transplant
5 days later, both removed due to massive rejection
Back on List
2/26/10 Fistula placed
3/11/10 Told GFR 9
5/14/10 Started in center Hemo
Waiting on another Transplant
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 09:29:28 PM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
rsudock
Elite Member

will of the healthy makes up the fate of the sick.

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 10:17:39 PM »

I with BrightSky please go to dialysis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xo,
R

Born with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease
1995 - AV Fistula placed
Dec 7, 1999 cadaver transplant saved me from childhood dialysis!
10 transplant years = spleenectomy, gall bladder removed, liver biopsy, bone marrow aspiration.
July 27, 2010 Started dialysis for the first time ever.
June 21, 2011 2nd kidney nonrelated living donor
September 2013 Liver Cancer tumor.
October 2013 Ablation of liver tumor.
Now scans every 3 months to watch for new tumors.
Now Status 7 on the wait list for a liver.
How about another decade of solid health?
Brightsky69

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 05:09:03 AM »

No word yet??

natnnnat
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 06:19:21 AM »

Been thinking about you kickie, since I saw this thread the other day.  Hope you are okay..?   :grouphug; :grouphug;

Natalya – Sydney, Australia
wife of Gregory, who is the kidney patient: 
1986: kidney failure at 19 years old, cause unknown
PD for a year, in-centre haemo for 4 years
Transplant 1 lasted 21 years (Lucy: 1991 - 2012), failed due to Transplant glomerulopathy
5 weeks Haemo 2012
Transplant 2 (Maggie) installed Feb 13, 2013, returned to work June 17, 2013 average crea was 130, now is 140.
Infections in June / July, hospital 1-4 Aug for infections.

Over the years:  skin cancer; thyroidectomy, pneumonia; CMV; BK; 14 surgeries
Generally glossy and happy.

2009 - 2013 PhD research student : How people make sense of renal failure in online discussion boards
Submitted February 2013 :: Graduated Sep 2013.   http://godbold.name/experiencingdialysis/
Heartfelt thanks to IHD, KK and ADB for your generosity and support.
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 07:56:41 AM »

I'm worried. Kickstart hasn't been on IHD since she posted that message.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 09:06:02 AM »

been checking morning, noon and night for a responce from her.  Common Kickstart, send us some love here.  Your missed by REAL people who care.

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »