I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:52:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Nocturnal
| | |-+  starting Extended with Nxstage
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: starting Extended with Nxstage  (Read 15017 times)
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »

it's so great to hear!!  so inspiring and something to think about... Hubby not interested at all,,but i keep telling him neat stories so we'll see.  we're retired so 'time' is not as tight as some, but the longer treatments while sleeping...hey, sounds good to me  ;)  I do tease him that we're already doing nocturnal though cause he gets up at 3 each morn (just cause thats his habbit) and now is starting the machine to the 23 so it has time to 'brew' for me when i get up about 4 30 and we do our 3 hours then, so by 830, we're all done, cleand up and ready for the day.  Hubby VERY energetic with this routien, and i usually need a nap..lol

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
rocker

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 05:43:07 PM »

Sooooooooooooooooo jealous....

Our facility director, who told me she thought she could get a nocturnal program going - well, she went to the area director, and said he was open to it, and they were making progress....then he quit.

So her latest word is "maybe second quarter".

I really am about to just buy a syringe pump on ebay....

Do you use a moisture sensor?  Which one?

Oh, and I wouldn't screw with the 21 too much.....as that's the alarm you'd get if your venous disconnected.

- rocker
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »

Well everything has been going very well.  I have learned that 270BF is too slow...I seem to get 21alarms many times in the night....   So  I have raised it to 300BF and my pressures are alittle higher and seem to work better with the parameters of alarm 21..... No more alarms....  complete sleep all night.... 

I feel better than I did before..... I dont feel sick at all.... its amazing... my labs have been very good... phos is coming down but still in the normal range....

I am concentrating on eating a big breakfast with lots of protein....  that was I can use all that protein all day long.... I feel like do so much more...  I am back to my old self.... busy   busy   busy... loving life....

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2011, 10:49:08 AM »

So good to hear tye. It makes me so happy when something someone wants so bad, works out so well.   :2thumbsup;   I was kind of laughing at hubby today (who doesnt want to do the nocturnal/extended route) telling him, heck, "your already doing nocturnal" as he gets up at 3am to get machine started,I get  snap and tap goen by  4 and off we go IN THE DARK and then he goes back to sleep while i get other stuff all done so that by when he's all done, we have our day  from 830 on.  So is that nocturnal for him..lol  Anyway, life is good, im glad it's working for you..

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2011, 07:13:36 PM »

There is a setting for the 21 alarms. But you should be able to stop them if you go up and down on the blood pump speed so that the machine goes in to the Yellow 8 mode. During the Yellow 8 the cycler is establishing a baseline venous reading around which it sets the +/- range.

The 21s should stop if you can get the machine back in to the Yellow 8 mode and then get comfortable, fully reclined. This way the baseline will be closer to what your pressure will be at rest. You can get to the Yellow 8 by changing the blood pump, just increase and then decrease. All that said some nights the only thing that works is increasing the speed and leaving it there. My guess is that the range is based on percent decline/increase so the problem with low speeds is the nominal change required to trigger an alarm is pretty minimal. Your unit should consider having you adjust the venous pressure alarm setting, to widen the range.

In general a 270 pump speed v 300 isn't going to make a whole lot of difference - a higher FF or a longer run, or a combination of the two - but the 21 alarm shouldn't be the determining factor.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
yliebert

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:39 AM »

My hubbie is starting nocturnal tomorrow night. How do you keep your needles in tight while you sleep and what do you use for leak detection?
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 07:41:49 PM »

My hubbie is starting nocturnal tomorrow night. How do you keep your needles in tight while you sleep and what do you use for leak detection?

Here's how I tape
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7996438588639581287#

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 01:10:40 AM »

Here's how I tape
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7996438588639581287#

Interesting Bill. Did you ever get a working moisture alarm?

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
yliebert

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 08:46:46 PM »

Thanks Bill.
Yoletta
yliebert

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 11:05:46 AM »

Bill,
My hubbie is thinking of buying the same leak alarm that you use on the video.  Does it work?
Yoletta
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 07:17:23 PM »

Hey tyefly, I was just hoping for a new update.  How is everything going?  Are you still happy with nocturnal/extended/whichever term you wish on NxStage?  This is the modality I eventually want to use, so what are the things you'd most like to tell someone who is thinking about nocturnal home hemo with NxStage?  Thanks!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »