I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:23:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Eating In Dialysis
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eating In Dialysis  (Read 13049 times)
Bear

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 06:54:03 PM »

Ah yes - 'seaside tea' I remember from my childhood. Stewed & horrible. :P
 NO, I take in just a flask of boiled water  & take tea bags & milk in separately.
"Gary" - yes, I'd forgotten his name. He was a good laugh eh? Works for Fresenius now, I think. :)
THey actually had a "no patients week" a couple of weeks back, did you know? They needed a break between
finishing off the last lot of trainees & taking in a new lot. I got offered a session in there for 'break' if I wanted it! ;D

waves...Bear
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 07:17:39 PM »

Try to PM each other when you are talking to "just" each other. 

Thanks.  Rerun~  Moderator

Panda_9

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2006, 01:38:54 AM »

I miss Gary :( He was great to talk to, and good for a laugh with his dirty jokes lol
I was supposed to go in for two days break before I threw my machine out the window, but I had other things to do. Probly wont get a chance now. I didnt know they had patient free week. That must of been when I was meant to go in. I am due for a break, but if they dont have the room well not much you can do about it really.
Why do we have to PM? I dont mind people reading my convos
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2006, 06:03:04 PM »

Basically because WE don't know who Gary is and don't give a F'.  AND because I asked you to. 

Rerun~ Moderator

Panda_9

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2006, 11:00:44 PM »

I beg your pardon theres no need to be so fkn rude
Fox_nc

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 06:26:39 AM »

Just my  :twocents; which isn't too exciting.  At my center there is no eating.  Not because it's dangerous, but because the center is brand spanking new.  They don't want the mess :-)  Which I'm ok with, but I'm super jealous that some of you guys get served during sessions.  That is WAY COOL!

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue. It rather denotes a lack of courage. -- from the movie Practical Magic
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2006, 06:53:34 AM »

Maybe some of you need to eat before going to dialysis then you wouldnt be so hungery while on the machine.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2006, 08:35:20 AM »

Hey Big Sky, there is no time for me to eat anything between work and the dialysis center.  I have lunch at school at 10:30 in the monring and then maybe a snack sometime in between if I have my prep period after lunch, then I run like h***  to get to the center by 3 p.m. So I am usually hungry by 3p.m. and have to have something to eat while I am the machine.  Luckily my unit understands as long as I do not bring pizza or some huge meal into the center. I stick to cereal and Rye Krisp crackers usually and a piece of fruit.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 10:57:03 AM »

At my Center, where I got trained, they had this little cart with coffee and tea and cookies. Nice touch. They did allow food...I wanted to bring enchiladas one day...but then I thought it was pushing it  ;).
Don't you hate when the Social Worker comes back from picking her lunch and the warm fries just calls you?...and there you are seatting eating granola bars..... :popcorn;
Panda_9

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2006, 06:53:33 PM »

Maybe some of you need to eat before going to dialysis then you wouldnt be so hungery while on the machine.

I could go and eat a massive meal before dialysis and after a few hours on the machine I would still be hungry!
tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2006, 07:27:28 PM »

When my unit was RCG.  We were allowed to eat, drink and have ice chips.  Now that Fresenius has taken over we are not suppose to.  I think it should be the patients choice.  I like to have ice chips once in a great while.  I dont eat anymore.  Everytime I would eat I would cramp really bad.  So I dont eat before dialysis or during.  There is a really cool nurse who brings animal crackers.  She shares with me and Tanya.  I can only snack on a few.
I think they should have a snack and pop machine in the waiting area.  So after you get off if you want something right away.  It's right there.  When I went to Houston, the unit was Fresenius.  They had a pop and candy machine in the waiting area.  Right after I got off dialysis I would run to the machines and get some chips and crackers.  ;D

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
Panda_9

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2006, 07:33:19 PM »

I think its cruel to expect someone to sit there for 4-6hrs and not at least get a cuppa or a biscuit or something. I just cant do it. However, I wouldnt appreciate a drink or snack machine outside the unit. It just encourages me to have things I shouldnt be having.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 11:50:08 PM »

I always have a snack on my way to dialysis.  And I take a bottle of drink to have during the session.  I am always so hungry after dialysis.  On Wednesdays and Fridays, a cousin brings me soup which I take in the car on my way home.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »