I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 02:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Extremly tired
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Extremly tired  (Read 1618 times)
Ladybag

« on: March 03, 2011, 06:28:58 AM »

I have been experiencing extreme tiredness the past 2 weeks along with that my blood pressure has been up and to top it off when I get home my lower legs are a little swollen. I don't walk around much at my job not 100% sure why all of the above has started a little worried mostly because I am still new to this and trying to learn what to do without calling my PD nurse.
Thank you  ???

SORRY IGNORE THIS I DIDN"T MEANT TO PUT IT ON THE INTRUDUCTION AND NOT SURE IF I CAN DELETE I AM A NEWBIE! :oops;

EDITED: Thread moved to proper section:  – Rerun, Moderator
EDITED:  Topics Merged   - Rerun, Moderator
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:19:37 AM by Rerun » Logged

IGA Nephropahty Dec. 2007
ESRD May 2010
PD Cathiter May 2010
Dialysis June 2010
Kidney Transplant April 13, 2011
Ladybag

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:30:38 AM »

I have been experiencing extreme tiredness the past 2 weeks along with that my blood pressure has been up and to top it off when I get home my lower legs are a little swollen. I don't walk around much at my job not 100% sure why all of the above has started a little worried mostly because I am still new to this and trying to learn what to do without calling my PD nurse.
Thank you  ???

IGA Nephropahty Dec. 2007
ESRD May 2010
PD Cathiter May 2010
Dialysis June 2010
Kidney Transplant April 13, 2011
chook

Born to be a Granma!

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:34:59 AM »

Hey, Lady, call your nurse. Perhaps you need to change either the strength of your fluids or maybe change your dwell time or number of exchanges. Perhaps your bp meds need adjusting. It's an awful feeling when things don't go right but you probably do need to take some action and try and address the problems and get it sorted. Hope that things look up for you. Let us know how you go.

Diagnosed PKD 1967, age 8
Commenced PD June 2010
Commenced APD July 2010
Transplant March 2011 - so lucky!
"To strive, to seek, to find...and not to yield!"
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 07:03:49 AM »

Hi Lady bag, first of all  :welcomesign; Tiredness is one of the things with  PD. As chook says, have a word with your nurse.It could be you need to tweek things a little. We have just come back from our unit, my husbands iron was really down and he was very fatigued so they are giving him a 3 course of iron infusions. It could quite easily be your BP meds. Please have a word with your nurse, that is what they are there for.
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 07:42:09 AM »

Don't know what to tell you about the tiredness or BP, but if you sit all day long, fluid will travel to the lowest point, hence the swelling.  You may need to adjust your PD to take off more fluid.  Talk to your nurse.
Tracy

Loved the Movie!

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 08:04:37 AM »

I'm pretty new too, but it does sound like you need to take more fluid off.  When I first started, I told the doctor that I was still very tired.  He said let's try adjusting your dry weight.  They took off one more kilo and it helped a ton!  Good luck!   :cuddle;

9/1990 Found out I have Type 1 Diabetes
7/2008 Told I have GFR 30
2/2009 Kidney/Pancreas Transplant
5 days later, both removed due to massive rejection
Back on List
2/26/10 Fistula placed
3/11/10 Told GFR 9
5/14/10 Started in center Hemo
Waiting on another Transplant
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »