I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:37:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Why oh why me ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why oh why me ?  (Read 3017 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: February 03, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »

Got the mouse man coming Monday  :2thumbsup; sort those little bleeders out, phew great,...... till .....(play Jaws music)  'THEY' started to appear, bloody great big thick legged black spiders  :o. I hate spiders of any size or shape , got up yesterday morning and one just making its way down the living room wall, it was Huuuuge ! Managed to get it with the old glass and cardboard trick (otherwise i couldnt rest knowing it was in the same room) Came home from D tonight and Mummy was out looking for her baby  :o , she was twice as big ! Its only February whats going on ?  :pray; :pray; please make them go away.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »

Poor spiders so misunderstood.
Thx for not killing it  :thumbup;  I like the catch and release way.

But if you hate them that much here in the states you can buy bugbombs.  Like an aersol can that you set off and leave your home for a few hours.  Kills most little critters.  Like spiders, ants, fleas ect ect.

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
carol1987

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 12:51:05 PM »

AHHHHHH... poor Kickstart!!!! 
I catch and release a lot of insects... but not spiders... you're better than I!!!

Diagnosed with  PKD July 2002 (no family history)
Fistula placed April 2009
Placed on Transplant list April 2009
Started HD 10/6/10
Transplanted 1/6/11 (Chain Transplant My altruistic donor was  "Becky from Chicago" , and DH Mike donated on my behalf and the chain continued...)
Brightsky69

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 03:13:26 PM »

OMG!!!!   :o :o :o :o :o  I am deathly afraid of spiders. I really couldn't deal with BIG ones. UGH!!!! I can't even kill them....I wouldn't want to get that close to them to kill them. I can't even look at them on TV.
I guess it comes with growing up with 4 brothers who loved to scare me with them.

Transplant June 11, 1991 (1st time) my mom's kidney
Received my 2nd kidney transplant Oct. 19th 2010.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 04:42:04 PM »

I really dont like to kill anything if i can deal with it in another way. I would never kill a bee  but im afraid to say i have swatted a few wasps , i just cant find a purpose for them.
I do hate spiders but they do eat flies , so i dont want to kill them. I just cant figure out why they frighten me so much. Mice dont scare me and i used to keep pet rats at one time (brilliant pets) but i cant stay in a room where a spider is .

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Stoday
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 08:24:14 PM »

I found a use for wasps.

I hit a bird whilst driving a few years ago. It got impaled on my radiator with bits stuck in the fins. I thought how the hell am I going to get that out?

Wasps got it out for me.

Diagnosed stage 3 CKD May 2003
AV fistula placed June 2009
Started hemo July 2010
Heart Attacks June 2005; October 2010; July 2011
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 08:39:14 PM »

Okay, before you get all PETA on us - find out what kind of spiders you have.

http://www.uksafari.com/spiders.htm

My last place had black widows and wolf spiders both.  Both give venomous bites which can lead to really bad sores or worse the smaller the body mass of the bite victim.  For my safety as a diabetic with insufficient healing ability and for my 6 pound kitty who liked to play with creepy crawlies, you can bloody well bet that I sprayed a lot and often.

If you have big bugs with no bites, then feel free to rescue them....if you really want to.
Or you can look up the stats on how many bugs we swallow in our life time because they crawl in our mouths while we are sleeping.  Your choice!  >:D

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 08:10:09 AM »

Im in the UK so i think we are pretty safe on the spider front !  Oh and ive heard all that stuff about a person swallows an average 8 spiders in their lifetime.

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 10:24:46 AM »

Yep, and allegedly there's fifteen spiders in any one room at any one time too.  Yikes! 

Was it hairy, Kickie?  I hate spiders. I can cope with the ickle ones but the hairy legged ones hold this morbid curiosity for me; I want to run but they're so grotesque I feel the need to stare at them.

I used to keep rats too! I had a very violent one who bit me on the nose when I was sleeping and another one who managed to produce oodles of babies quite unexpectedly; it was a nightmare finding homes for them all.  They're ever-so intelligent and adorable, aren't they?  I'd have them again, but Blokey hates rats and the cats would enjoy them as a tasty snack when my back was turned.

;D

Yay! about the Mouse Man.

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 11:49:24 AM »

Hi Poppy , my first rat was a plain grey one and she was so tame and adorable , you just needed to call her name 'frodo' and she would come running to you, the only time she went in her cage was when i was out. I used to have a huge german shepherd at the time and he was a sweetie and she used to curl up on his back and go to sleep. She lived till she was about 4 and died in her sleep. So i went out and bought 2 more young black rats , bloody hell , i couldnt touch them they took lumps out of me, soon as i put my hand near them they would go for me, so i took them back as they were supposed to be tame !

Stoday
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 07:22:59 PM »

I have a spider policy.

If I find more than one spider in a room, it's curtains for one of them. So I allow one per room because I'd rather see a spider than what it must be eating.

Diagnosed stage 3 CKD May 2003
AV fistula placed June 2009
Started hemo July 2010
Heart Attacks June 2005; October 2010; July 2011
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 08:57:01 AM »

The false black widows you have over there can leave bites bad enough to cause sores, same as the real ones I had over here.  Incentive enough for me to spray!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 09:01:39 AM »

False black widows ?  :o :o :o I didnt even know we had them ! PLEASE DONT POST A PICTURE!  :2thumbsup;

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 09:05:19 AM »

The false black widows you have over there can leave bites bad enough to cause sores, same as the real ones I had over here.  Incentive enough for me to spray!
We have false Black Widows?  Yikes! 

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 11:30:26 AM »

Ummm.... don't follow the link I posted earlier, then - it's pics of all the spiders in the UK!  You've got wolf spiders over there, too.   If they are related to the ones here, they also leave nasty bites.

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 03:20:34 PM »

They must be pretty rare , apart from never hearing of them (i watch at lot of David Attenborough's programmes ) I have never seen a report on them either ! I can only think they might be more common down south where it is warmer !

Ok so i took the plunge and looked at the link , very sensible just before bedtime !! Mine seem to be the house spider , though they seem to have shorter chunkier legs (must have been working out eh ? ) and we get the daddy long legs, but i was always brought up to call the crane fly a daddy long legs not a spider !
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:27:34 PM by KICKSTART » Logged

Sax-O-Trix

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 03:44:03 PM »

I don't really care for spiders, but I live in the Northeast U.S. and as far as I know, we do not have venomous spiders around here.  I usually let critters go, except for wasps.  I have to spray wasp's nests every year on my kid's playground area.  Pesky critters they are!  If I lived in a warmer climate where venomous spiders lived, I'd probably do the catch and release thing because squishing something that big is just gross, lol.

RATS!  I have had mice, gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits and yes, pet rats.  Two to be exact and they both lived into their 4th year.  Both died of tumors (actually died of euthanasia at the Vet office.)  The two white/brown rats were very affectionate and never bit me or my children.  We have two 5 year old guinea pigs now and they are good pets.  I never want another cage to clean once they are gone.  Still have dogs, cats and horses to deal with!  And once they are gone, I am done with taking care of animals... 

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:45:08 PM by Sax-O-Trix » Logged

Preemptive transplant recipient, living donor (brother)- March 2011
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »

Oh what horses have you got ? I had horses all my life till D  :(  Now i find it too demanding , plus i dont have the time for them . But i really do miss them !  :'(

Henry P Snicklesnorter

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 04:58:51 AM »

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:38:13 AM by Henry P Snicklesnorter » Logged
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »

and we get the daddy long legs, but i was always brought up to call the crane fly a daddy long legs not a spider !
I didn't know there was a spider called Daddy Longlegs!  Daddy Longlegs are crane flies.  I love Daddy Longlegs.  And looking at the link I don't mind the actual Daddy Longleg spiders either ... they're the only spiders I can tolerate because of their dead skinny legs and teeny bodies - I'm a bit disappointed that they're called Daddy Longlegs though; they need their own name!

;D

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »