I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:34:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I Don't Understand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Don't Understand  (Read 3642 times)
clardieri7

« on: January 28, 2011, 11:53:17 AM »

Okay 1st let me say I'm not trying to offend or be funny or anything, but why are there some new post from epoman, but then some people are saying they miss him and R.I.P?? Are there 2 epomans? i don't get it. and if he has died I truly don't mean to offend R.I.P

Dialysis Suks!! ~ May we all learn to deal
carol1987

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 12:39:41 PM »

I believe you are seeing posts that epoman began years ago but have had someone else respond to recently.

Sadly , epoman has indeed passed away... as has goofynina....  epoman began this site and goofynina was instrumental in running it before she passed...

Diagnosed with  PKD July 2002 (no family history)
Fistula placed April 2009
Placed on Transplant list April 2009
Started HD 10/6/10
Transplanted 1/6/11 (Chain Transplant My altruistic donor was  "Becky from Chicago" , and DH Mike donated on my behalf and the chain continued...)
greg10

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:50:26 PM »

Okay 1st let me say I'm not trying to offend or be funny or anything, but why are there some new post from epoman, but then some people are saying they miss him and R.I.P?? Are there 2 epomans? i don't get it. and if he has died I truly don't mean to offend R.I.P
Epoman was user number 1 on this forum; you can click on any user name and find out the profile details including last post:
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1

Epoman last post:
February 28, 2007, 11:26:53 PM
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=2903.msg41068#msg41068

His son Epokid may have posted once or twice using the Epoman user name after that.

Newbie caretaker, so I may not know what I am talking about :)
Caretaker for my elderly father who has his first and current graft in March, 2010.
Previously in-center hemodialysis in national chain, now doing NxStage home dialysis training.
End of September 2010: after twelve days of training, we were asked to start dialyzing on our own at home, reluctantly, we agreed.
If you are on HD, did you know that Rapid fluid removal (UF = ultrafiltration) during dialysis is associated with cardiovascular morbidity?  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=20596
We follow a modified version: UF limit = (weight in kg)  *  10 ml/kg/hr * (130 - age)/100

How do you know you are getting sufficient hemodialysis?  Know your HDP!  Scribner, B. H. and D. G. Oreopoulos (2002). "The Hemodialysis Product (HDP): A Better Index of Dialysis Adequacy than Kt/V." Dialysis & Transplantation 31(1).   http://www.therenalnetwork.org/qi/resources/HDP.pdf
clardieri7

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 02:24:30 PM »

That is really really so very sad, after reading his story it just breaks my heart to hear that, my heart goes out to his family, along with my thought and prayers, I am so sorry :( :'(

Dialysis Suks!! ~ May we all learn to deal
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 04:17:38 PM »

Epoman was only 34 years old when he passed away. He was on dialysis for 13 years and he shared a lot of what he was going through as he built IHD. He left a darling wife and a fabulous son. His legacy to us is this wonderful website - and our goal, with his family's blessing, is to continue to keep his vision alive for a long time.

okarol/admin

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
cookie2008

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 04:22:50 PM »

His memory will live forever.

Started PD in 11/07
Started Hemo in 7/08
Started NxStage 5/09
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 07:29:26 PM »

:(  epoman.....  He's surly missed...

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
RightSide
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 01:34:34 PM »

I started dialysis in October 2008 and discovered IHD, only after Epoman had passed away.

But IHD is such a wonderful resource,  I could not have survived on dialysis as well as I did without the ground work that he did.
carol1987

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »

I started dialysis in October 2008 and discovered IHD, only after Epoman had passed away.

But IHD is such a wonderful resource,  I could not have survived on dialysis as well as I did without the ground work that he did.

Amen! Same here Rightside...   I have a special place in  my heart for epoman....

34 much, much too young... :'(

Diagnosed with  PKD July 2002 (no family history)
Fistula placed April 2009
Placed on Transplant list April 2009
Started HD 10/6/10
Transplanted 1/6/11 (Chain Transplant My altruistic donor was  "Becky from Chicago" , and DH Mike donated on my behalf and the chain continued...)
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 05:23:53 PM »

y'know I had no idea he WAS so young. I always thought he was much older. He could be gruff and rude at times, and downright agressive at others, but he had a vision and did everything he could to make it happen and that is to be respected and aplauded I reckon. I think, in general, he did a great job in his own unique way - yes he rubbed more than one person up the wrong way - but hey that's life. He struggled with so much but put his all into this site.

RIP Epoman.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
murf

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 03:12:23 PM »

Richard, you are so right about everyone is different. I am the eternal optimist but often get criticized for my 'Pollyanna' approach. If we we were all the same, life would be incredibly boring.

Started Hemodialysis Anzac Day 2005
Patiently waiting for a transplant
Started PD New Year 2010
Taken off transpalnt list, Jan 211
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »