I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:52:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  What's wrong with me?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's wrong with me?  (Read 2723 times)
imacrash

« on: December 26, 2006, 11:52:41 PM »

What the heck is wrong with me?  I started the Baxter cycler on Nov. 22, after being on hemo for 5 years.  There is no part that I like or enjoy about being on PD.  Everyone seems so happy to be on it but me.  I look at the machine and frown.  Now...I've gained 20 lbs of water weight in my legs and makes me extremely uncomfortable.  The doctor has tried to adjust the dextrose bags but I've only lost 4 lbs in over a week.  I hate the lights from it at night, I hate having to wake up fully to go to the bathroom ...unhooking and hooking back up and making sure I have unclamped all the clamps!  Please tell me the secret to liking this type of dialysis, it's my only option left.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 07:53:25 AM »

Well from what I have seen some people are just not happy on PD. Maybe back to hemo for you.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 09:50:24 AM »

Sounds to me you are reabsorbing the solution, what are your dwell times like?  maybe they need to shorten your dwell time.  I am sorry Imacrash.  PD has worked out for me and i too hated the lights and the being "full" feeling but it takes a little time getting used to,  i am going to do it until i cant do it no more.  I hope you find what works for you and you find it soon, you shouldn't be miserable (although i know we all are) but it sounds like you are more than others.  Good Luck to you and keep us posted, k... :popcorn;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »