I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:18:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Iam ready to go..
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iam ready to go..  (Read 9382 times)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 11:35:21 AM »

I sent him a PM when he posted last, offering to call him, that I'd like to speak with him. I have not received a response.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2010, 12:22:07 PM »

Karol...

Would it be worth making the call, anyway???... It would be nice for him to know that whatever decision he has come to, there are people on IHD who are thinking of, and praying for him...

You probably feel you shouldn't 'intrude', and I fully accept that... You know the members better than any of us, and I bow to your superior knowledge and judgement in the matter...

Just a suggestion!...

Ken, if you see this... Love, and best wishes to you!...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2010, 12:58:12 PM »

In his few posts, he has freely given out his email address several times. Might I suggest that anyone who is thinking about him drop him a quick note? It is easy to ignore emails, and he would not have to respond if the contact is not welcome. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but I feel like there is a solution to his pain that does not involve death. I don't want to push anyone who has made the decision that is best for him, but what a tragedy if there was something we could have done and we did not try.....

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2010, 01:25:39 PM »

Karol...

Would it be worth making the call, anyway???... It would be nice for him to know that whatever decision he has come to, there are people on IHD who are thinking of, and praying for him...

You probably feel you shouldn't 'intrude', and I fully accept that... You know the members better than any of us, and I bow to your superior knowledge and judgement in the matter...

Just a suggestion!...

Darth...

I don't have his phone number. He never joined our Emergency Contact List.  I emailed and PM'd.

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 01:32:27 PM »

Karol...

Just a suggestion!...

Darth...

I don't have his phone number. He never joined our Emergency Contact List.  I emailed and PM'd.

Ah, okay Karol....

Well you've done what you can.... May God bless and protect him whatever the outcome...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2010, 03:11:41 PM »

Peace to you, Wolfken.
 :grouphug;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 04:28:07 AM »

Thank you Karol, for trying, it is very much appreciated.

And thank you noahvale, cdvbrooklyn and Mark for your brave heartfelt letters to Wolfken.

I do hope Wolfken has read all our letters and hopefully he had second thoughts and was brought to a Hospital in time...

Best wishes from Kristina.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 06:39:29 AM »

Walk a mile in his shoes...

Wolfken, I hope your decision was not made in a moment of despair or due to depression. It is a choice I hope my loved one never makes, but I will very reluctantly support him should he. That said, at only two months on hemo you are in the roughest part of it and it should get better!

Wolfken, I will miss you. Member of the First Nation, from a family of healers, artist, you have enhanced this site. I hope your passing is an easy one. Godspeed friend.

:cuddle;
Alene
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 06:40:41 AM by aharris2 » Logged

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »

In the past i was was chatting to him via pm. When he stopped posting for a while i tried to contact him several times. If you notice in his last posts his writing becomes disjointed and his spelling all over the place ..a sign i fear. I believe he had 2 ? children as well. I find it hard to believe he has chosen to stop, from what i can gather he was a talented artist and took great pride in his heritage . Im sure Goofy will be waiting for him, in her feather boa , ready to show him around 'her' place ! God-bless and Goodnight  xxx

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 10:26:50 AM »

E mailed Ken yesterday... No reply, sadly...

Thinking of you, Ken.....

Darth....

FRANKY2222

M a rebel

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »

I understand.....today I will miss my second treatment in a row. I will not suffer the indignities of a dialysis unit ever again,and let me know how ur doin...
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »

I wish some of us could of spoken with Ken. Not necessarily to change his mind, but to give him support and understanding. And also to help discover what could have been done differently to improve his situation. I respect his choice, as I do yours FRANKY, but as I said in my PM to you, there are many people here who will reach out to you. You have my number. Best wishes to you.

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 02:29:23 PM »

Franky2222, can you please name the Dialysis centres you have been to

so that other Dialysis patients can be on the alert?

All the best wishes and thank you, Kristina.  :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2011, 02:59:51 PM »

I wish some of us could of spoken with Ken. Not necessarily to change his mind, but to give him support and understanding. And also to help discover what could have been done differently to improve his situation.
I have been thinking a lot about Ken lately, Karol, and finding myself still upset about it. I emailed him to offer support, too, just because I felt that if I did not at least try, I would always regret it. I don't think I ever had any real contact with him on IHD. Sometimes when I check my email, I find myself still hoping that one of them will be a PM from Ken saying hello. The strange thing is, I've worked in suicide prevention and I have never found myself wondering what became of the callers - I just figured that they did what they had to do, and hopefully I helped them in that moment. With Ken, I still feel haunted by the idea that there was a missed opportunity there, but I don't precisely know where. I am greatly relieved to know that you reached out to him, and that he had an email friendship with KS. Also, Mark (mm2010) helped me a lot to come to terms with this. It is so nice and such a refreshing change to be a part of a group that cares.

Part of me still hopes that someone in Ken's life (he mentioned children in one post) got to him in time, and he is getting the treatment he needs and deserves - and that when he is stable he will come back and update us. :grouphug;

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »