I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 14, 2024, 03:22:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  update!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: update!!!  (Read 1614 times)
jmhoxsie1979

My Dune Buggy!!

« on: December 23, 2010, 12:27:13 AM »

:2thumbsup; just to let you all know everything came out fine on my surgeries. I got my fistula placed and my PD cath put in too. So far the PD is a real pain it hangs and gets tugged. I am not able to sleep very well because I have my fistula in my left arm and my Pd cath in my right side. I am breaking out in a rash with any kind of tape I use so taping the cath out of the way is out of the question. then  one other problem is i can not go number 2. very backed up. i do not take my pain meds unless I can not handle the pain. is this normal or is it just me?  ??? i don't know i guess i will figure it out. but i just wanted you all to know I am doing the best I can as of right now. thank you all for your support and well wishes. happy holidays! :cuddle;

Some days I just want to be a missing person! Don't get to close to me the voices in my head are looking for a new home! What's this NORMAL you speak of? Is it contagious?! OMG Don't touch me I might catch your NORMAL!!!
Be a FruitLoop in a world of Cheerios!!
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 02:51:06 AM »

I'm glad to hear that things went OK. That's a couple of big steps out of the way. Happy hollidays right back at ya!

Galvo
phyl1215

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 07:09:14 AM »

Glad your doing OK.  When I first started PD I also had trouble with the tapes, I tried all kinds and finally (I guess) my body decided to let me use the paper tape with little problems after a couple of mths.  Keep talking to your nurse about the rash & tapes.  I had to use a salt water solution on my exit site to help it heal and that also helped my rash when I put it on it too.  Bathroom problems at first too, took recommended stool softners and now I don't need them anymore, again find out what kind you can use, it is important on PD to be regular.  It will all start working out for you.   Merry Christmas

PD 3 yrs.
TX list 4 yrs.
Deceased donor PERFECT MATCH Kidney transplant July 8, 2012

Learning To Dance In The Rain
Stoday
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 04:22:04 PM »

Stool problems run with liquid restrictions. I hate the idea of regular laxitives, which had been scripted for me. Instead I eat a bowl of porrige for breakfast every day. That works!

Diagnosed stage 3 CKD May 2003
AV fistula placed June 2009
Started hemo July 2010
Heart Attacks June 2005; October 2010; July 2011
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »