I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 03:18:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Doctors....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Doctors....  (Read 1542 times)
Phil

What doesnt kill you, makes you stronger

« on: December 12, 2010, 10:27:34 AM »

I understand that doctors don't do this on purpose, and they act in our interest...but sometimes a little common sense, logic, and understanding of a patients way of life could help alot!

So....I've got to have surgery to remove my paratyroid glands because one of them is act crazy.....I've been on incenter HD for 6 months and only just finished doing all my exams to get on the list. Last week I had my first visit with the transplant commission to be evaluated for insertion in the list. Result? I can go on the list just as soon as I get this surgery taken care of.

So the day after this visit with the transplant commission i go to my Doc at my center, and ask him when I can get my surgery...obiviously hoping for the sooner the better......but what does he answer me??? 'Oh don't stress out over the surgery...take it easy, and we'll plan surgery calmly after new years...that way you can enojoy and celebrate christmas!!!!!!!'. I was like....excuse me doctor....I dont mean to be rude...but x-mas or no christmas it makes no difference whatsoever for me! The longer you postpone my surgery the longer I will have to do dialysis OFF the list...

You see...I understand he meant well...but what the hell!!!! Taking it easy makes NO senso for me...just another couple of months of HD off the list with no hope of a transplant!!!!

Sorry for the rant! lol

1993 - Diagnosed with Alport Sindrome
April 2010 - Fistula surgery on right forearm
May 2010 - Started HD
Still waiting for the call!!!!!
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 10:40:46 AM »

did you tell him that you wanted it sooner than later?  Sometimes they don't quite clue in.. it's not that big a surgery.  It's done as day surgery here.  I had to be admitted overnight because I sometimes have issues coming out of anesthesia, but most are in and out in a few hours.

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »