I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 11:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Another hospital stay!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another hospital stay!!!  (Read 1711 times)
cloud393

« on: November 15, 2010, 09:43:50 AM »

Well, just home from another stay at the country club!!  I'm starting to think of the hospital as my second home.  Went in on a Thursday and came home the following Tuesday afternoon.  Twenty minutes after getting out of bed Wednesday moring I was headed back to my lovely resort.  So now I'm home and can't believe the date!!  I have to get shopping for my secret santa gift and get it in the mail!  That has got to be my first priority.  As for my vacation time, they don't even know what was wrong with me so they are calling it  infectious colitis.  Okay!?!?!  I think they did every test possible and all we know for sure is that my gallbladder is big and filled with contrast when I had CT scan.  Doc said he hasn't seen that in 10 years and don't know why it happened.
But gallbladder looks healthy.  My symptoms were SEVERE stomach pain, vomiting and major diarrhea.  I just wanted to die.  They say it has nothing to do with my bi-lateral nephrectomy which is good.  I just pray it never comes back!  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  Thanks for listening.

May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.
The Lone IT from HM

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »

Good to hear that it has nothing to complicate your day to day problem. However,  you should expect that they may have to remove the Gallbladder.  It seems a Gallbladder problem happens more often than we expect.  I have a stone that is going to block the duct sooner or later.  You would think that they could remove or dissolve something like that, but they just go in and remove the whole thing.  It is almost an in and out hospital stay.  Here is hoping your Gallbladder problem clears up and you don't have to face this “NO BIG DEAL” procedure.

James C. Reed
Director of Information Systems
Hema Metrics LLc
Office: 801 549-9203
Mobile:801 682-7614
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 10:37:12 AM »

Yowsers!  I had similar symtpoms last November (minus the runny poops!) and the doctor said it was <insert name here>, something which mimicked appendicitis.  I too wouldn't wish that on anyone and I locked myself in another room so that I wouldn't pass it on to Blokey because goodness knows how he would have coped with it.

Country Club ... that makes me *chuckle*.  Glad you're otherwise ok and I hope that the Country Club doesn't tempt you back too soon.

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 07:32:38 PM »

Glad you are home.

:yahoo;

Stoday
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 10:49:38 PM »

I got a dose of ulcerative colitis 4 years ago — it's nasty. The first drug I took, Asacol not only didn't work, it seemed to make my illness worse. Eventually I was given Prednisolone, which worked like magic.

Diagnosed stage 3 CKD May 2003
AV fistula placed June 2009
Started hemo July 2010
Heart Attacks June 2005; October 2010; July 2011
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »