I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:25:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  What you feel and do during hd session
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What you feel and do during hd session  (Read 2007 times)
khaliq282

« on: November 09, 2010, 01:15:05 AM »

Hi im on hd last 1 yr,i wana know what you all feel during hd session.
and what you can eat during it. 

khaliq
khaliq282

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 01:22:30 AM »

Before my hd start ,i feeling heavy on my health.
when hd start slowly i feel going ok,
during hd smtime i fel legs pain,smtime feel hotness.

khaliq
khaliq282

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 01:30:33 AM »

During hd i can eat anything,my nurse of hd session allowed me to eat anything nd can drink.i feel lot hungry during nd aftar hd.
during hd i eat biscuts,boild egg,fried peants r chips,jucises,apple,sandwitch,

khaliq
GraphicBass

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 06:08:48 AM »

Just started dialysis, so not a lot of experience to go on yet.

However, I generally feel fine during the session, except an occasion "breathless" feeling (which is probably due more to my CHF than dialysis), and mid-way a mild headache starts, which is easily handled by a couple of Tylenol or Advil tablets.

Right now I read the newspaper, work documents or novels, or browse the web with my iPhone. When my laptop is back from the shop, I'll work on that as well.

I can't go four hours without eating, so I carry and eat wheat crackers, granola bars, corn chips (like tostitos) and water.

gary
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 07:39:09 AM »

Cat nap for two hours. Then read a book for a while. then go stir crazy!!! till I come off :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik;

Ken
Tracy

Loved the Movie!

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 01:28:34 PM »

My center in Texas doesn't allow us to eat during D.  We can have ice chips in there, but nothing else.  I try to sleep, but it is usually only for 40 minutes or so, so the rest of the time, I watch tv.  We have little tv's connected to each chair on a metal arm, that we can swing around to where we need them.  Or I read a magazine. That is what I do for 3 1/2 hours.   :waving;

9/1990 Found out I have Type 1 Diabetes
7/2008 Told I have GFR 30
2/2009 Kidney/Pancreas Transplant
5 days later, both removed due to massive rejection
Back on List
2/26/10 Fistula placed
3/11/10 Told GFR 9
5/14/10 Started in center Hemo
Waiting on another Transplant
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 12:34:46 AM »

I usually sleep for about 2 hours.  When I"m not sleeping, I tend to observe.  I watch the nurses as they putter around.  I'm usually on the end near the supply cart, so I'll watch as the support worker or one of the nurses replenishes the cart.  I like to watch the nurses getting the venofer ready too.  I like to watch. *L*  I always have my blackberry with me, so I'm checking email or facebook or twitter.  I sometimes IM with my best friend.  When I get bored, I check for her on foursquare to see if she's checked into anywhere interesting.  Usually, it's just Newark Penn or New York Penn, or the office where she works.  One day, I checked and she was at BMW of Manhattan for a few hours.  When I asked her what she was doing, she said she was looking at cars she couldn't afford. *LOL*  I also take "surveillance photos" of the nurses and post them on facebook.. *L*

Normally, I feel ok, maybe a little tired while on D, but that's about it.  sometimes my legs get a little sore from sitting so long, so I'll set the foot rest on the chair as high as it'll go, and do step exercises.  I don't eat or drink, but that's my choice.  If I want to, I can.  Some bring snacks with them, others get a cup of tea half way through their treatment.  Sometimes we get little treats, cookies or candy, and they do keep packaged cookies around for the diabetics when their blood sugar is low.  Peak Freens.  I love 'em. *L*  I keep fruit flavored hard candy with me, in case my mouth gets dry.

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »