I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 10:22:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Tests have been scheduled!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tests have been scheduled!  (Read 13138 times)
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 10:38:47 AM »

You have to do what you feel is the right thing to do.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 09:11:34 AM »

Awww kat, I hope you don't give up hun.  :cuddle;  I understand how frustrating those tests are and I swear everytime you finish the last one they call ya with just one more test they just need to do, but eventually you will do the last test and it will all be worth it.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2006, 01:14:57 PM »

KitKatz you can't give up yet we haven't had our dance yet.( on the tables at Titos Tacos) If you get that transplant you'll probably out dance me). :thumbup;
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 07:20:28 PM by sluff » Logged
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006, 06:45:19 PM »

I'm humming that darn Gloria Gaynor song for you as loud as I can!  Hang in there!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2006, 03:15:08 PM »

Thanks. Next Thursday is the CT scan. Let's see if I can screw that up in some way, too.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2006, 03:16:50 PM »

Thanks. Next Thursday is the CT scan. Let's see if I can screw that up in some way, too.

I do love your positive thinking.  :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 03:23:46 PM by sluff » Logged
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2006, 03:31:55 PM »

I do love your positive thinking.  :)

I know, I cracked my hubby up with that comment the other day after I remarked I managed to have two tests come out inconclusive and was up for more.  Just one more step closer to that transplant list! 

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2006, 03:41:25 PM »

Gotta stay positive Katz.. you know we only want whats best for you. :)
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2006, 04:52:01 PM »

Kit, i feel like i know you well enough to say that you are a strong woman and you can do this,  we are all here not only behind you all the way, we are also beside you too... Everyone here is rootin' for ya girlfriend, when the going gets tough, the tough GO SHOPPING, oh wait, nooo, sorry, the tough GET GOING,  yah, thats what they do ;)  but you can go shopping if it will make you feel better ;) ;) 

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2006, 06:21:03 PM »

Gonna go to Gottshalks tomorrow. They are having a sale.  A shopping I will go!  And... I have Christmas money to spend!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2006, 07:49:37 PM »

I know how you must feel Kitkatz.
Tests stress me to the max. 

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 07:31:11 PM »

The latest at Kaiser today, Thursday, January 4, 2007 for Superhero Dialysis Woman
I went in for the CT scan and they handed me three bottles of barium to drink. Yummy. Nasty stuff, but I drank it down pretty fast.  The most fluid I have had in years all at once. One guy and I were comparing how much of the third bottle we were going to drink. I beat him. He gave up, but I drank the entire thing! So then I get to wait for them to call me with this crap in my belly.  Almost threw it back up, but managed to keep it down for the most part. 
Then they take me into the back area where they promptly announce they are going to start an IV on me.  I wished them luck.  The nurse was very patient with my small veins and stuck me once with a larger needle by my elbow, then went down in size to the next one. She had to warm my hand up with a hot pack and put it down to find the vein that goes sideways across my hand.Thank goodness she got this one in okay and it did not hurt like the first one did.  I have very small veins and limited access to them in the right arm as it is, so I am very protective of what I have. If they look like they are going to play "stick the patient", then I holler I want a real nurse to come stick me.  The nurse was nice about it. 
Then they took me to the CT room where the machine that looks like a donut got to eat part of me.  It is wild when they stick you through the donut machine, you think they are going to forget and stick you all the way through.  Take a breath, hold it, whrrrrrrr, breathe.  Put the IV solution into the IV over three minutes, wait three minutes, give it again, and then more pictures.  What fun!  So then it is done and the needles come out.
     Then! I get to run over to another building and do an ultrasound on my left arm because some dummy at Kaiser had double booked my appointments at three o'clock today.  So I did that.  Then, surprise the barium hit the system and oops.  I must have shit a brick tonight! (Pardon the expression.)  I was not warned that the barium would get the system very active.  The ultrasound guy almost had a surprise in his chair when we were done!  It was pretty bad for a couple of hours there.  I am feeling better now.
     Good things: 
           We were able to accomplish the CT scan. I did not screw it up!
           My insides are super cleaned out now.
           I did the ultrasound okay and the graft looks okay still.
           I am glad I did not eat today.  I would have thrown up the barium all over place if I had eaten lunch today.
           Hubby took me to dinner tonight!

So there it is.  Now I call the transplant coordinator and ask what is next.

lifenotonthelist.com

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2007, 07:39:14 PM »

See I told you that you wouldn't mess up the test. I hope the results come back in your favor Katz cause you deserve a break for once. :grouphug;
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2007, 07:57:02 PM »

Good luck Kitkatz!

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2007, 08:02:34 PM »

You Go Kitkatz !

:2thumbsup;

Good Luck with what comes next, and keep on their backs that's what I find or you get lost in the system.

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2007, 09:46:23 PM »

:thumbup;   good luck!

Edited:  Fixed Smiley - Goofynina/Admin.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:42:10 PM by goofynina » Logged
nextnoel

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2007, 06:19:15 AM »

Congrats - you're on a roll!   :2thumbsup;  Keep up the good work!  :clap;

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2007, 08:52:46 PM »

The transplant coordinator called today and said that she is going to get all of the paper work ready to go back to the Loma Linda doctor that requested all of the tests.  I think he will take one look and send me back for more tests, but who knows.  Supposedly all of the paperwork will be gathered and sent to Loma Linda next week.  Hurry up and wait! *SIGH*   When I start to run screaming in circles, someone bring the bat and knock me down: okay?

lifenotonthelist.com

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2007, 09:34:10 PM »

At least the running in circles is a good cardio workout!   ;D

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 08:34:01 PM »

Yes, I guess I am getting a good cardio work-out!

lifenotonthelist.com

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2007, 03:29:51 PM »

someone bring the bat and knock me down: okay?

Cant we just knock you down with your own BIG Stick :P

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2007, 09:43:31 PM »

I may be waving it in the air as I run in circles!

lifenotonthelist.com

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2007, 11:40:57 PM »

Check one off for me!  I saw the Pulmonary doctor the other day and he says the TB meds can be stopped the end of February. He does not need to see me again, He did liver function tests on the blood and everything is fine!  Halleluia!   Check one off for me! CHECK! I wish we had a big check symbol.

lifenotonthelist.com

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2007, 04:53:56 AM »

Good news Kitkatz!
froggy

http://ihatedialysis.com/

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2007, 05:51:36 AM »

:thumbup; :2thumbsup; :clap; :D ;D

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »