I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 10:24:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Please read my story and comnt it...(why ppls afraid frm hD)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please read my story and comnt it...(why ppls afraid frm hD)  (Read 4080 times)
khaliq282

« on: October 21, 2010, 04:38:52 AM »

hi im khaliq frm pakistan and i have end stage renal faliur nd i m on dialysis since oct 2009.And im nt afraid nd im enjoying my time....

Edited: Moved to Introduction section - okarol/admin
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 11:05:35 AM by khaliq282 » Logged

khaliq
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 10:01:38 AM »

It would be great if you could go to the introductions thread and tell us a bit more about yourself.  I am not sure we have any members from Pakistan, so this is very cool!  As to your question, I think a lot of people who are not yet on dialysis are afraid of the unknown.  That's how I feel.  And others who have experience with dialysis are afraid that they are not as healthy as maybe they should be.  Fear is not always rational.  But I think a lot of people are like you who are grateful that there is at least a treatment for ESRD and who, like you, are determined to enjoy being alive.

Since you are not afraid, maybe you could explain why you are not...that could help people like me.  I'm always happy to hear when someone is doing well on dialysis as it makes me not quite so afraid.  Thank you!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
khaliq282

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 11:15:23 AM »

Hi again every 1.thanks moosmom fr ur comnt.yea i wil explain my story complate,you wil be great to knw that i join this site just 2day durin when my dialysis was being held nd i was post my story...abt me wel i told b4 im khaliq nd im 27 yr old maraid.,abt my esrd it start july last yr aftar only 3 month of my marry.even i cnt go on my hony moon trip.....i had hyper tension last 10 yrs,my bp normol stable on 140/100 i never tk any mediçin but i vîsit doctor many time doctor just say me reduice my wieght coz î have around 110 kg..,i was teling aftar my mary my bp start shoot nd stay always high.at this doctor advice me to admit in hosptial,so i admit in hosptial in aug 09,doctor tk my medical test nd start give me medicin so my bp cm under contorl.but when doctor examing me ,he found i i have sm prblem wid my kidney,bcoz the blood urea nd serum ceatnine leavl increasîng in my body.that time urea on 15 mg/dl.nd creatnine at 2.5 mg/dl......,

khaliq
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 11:31:31 AM »

Khaliq, thanks for posting more about yourself.  I have a cousin who had hypertension for many years, and his high bp eventually destroyed his kidney function.  Hypertension is a major cause of kidney failure.  On the other hand, many people have kidney problems and don't know it because their only visible symptom is high blood pressure.  It's hard to know what came first, hypertension or kidney disease.

It must have been difficult to cope with esrd right after being married; that's a lot of new things to get used to all at the same time.

I'm glad you have joined this website and look forward to hearing from you often.  Are you pretty happy with your treatment?  Are the nurses at your clinic nice to you?  Are you feeling pretty healthy?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 04:03:06 PM »

G'day Khaliq and :welcomesign;.

Galvo
khaliq282

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »

hi again,thanks allah i tk a gud nap aftar my last evening dialysis.nd thanks of weather bit of cold coz rainy last nite that give me great help fr a gud nap.   
i countni my story,when my lab reports nt gud doctor say me again fr lap nd that time my creatnine at 5 mg/dl.doctor see nd worid.he decide to do my renal  biospy wen result cm it shows i have to under a grade 1 kidndey diseas...that was my bad luck i was n a govt hosptial nd doctor was nt a nephrologist he is a medical sepelist.he must be refer me to a kidney physician but he dnt.nd tel me just give more lab nd dnt tk any pain killer.nd send me to hm.my family nd me was nothing abt  wat is renl faliur.we nt notice my worse down health.we just belive on doctor.at that time our national holidays start nd i gt discnect wid doctor.aftar 1 week a fel weaknes nd i have start vomiting nd motions,my family think i gt dairya nd vist again govt hosptial.they also treat me as diarya patiant.3 weeks i have no apptite,vomiting,motions nd i cnt walk gud.......

khaliq
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 10:42:57 PM »

Oh goodness...it sounds like you were really very ill.  Are you better now that you are on dialysis?

khaliq282

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 11:41:27 PM »

At a very poor health inside i had a esrd but it nt yet fuly diagnose this time.aftar 1 month in worse health my family tk me to a medical seplist.he took my lab test again nd that time wat my condition was,my urea at 60 mg/dl normal maxi 7 mg/dl,creatnine at 21 mg/dl normal 1 mg/dl.my pee stop,i have vomiting,no apptite,motions,weakest body,eatcing whole body,no sleep ,..but see i had stil kept bear.nd try over cm my self...

khaliq
khaliq282

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 05:53:10 AM »

Then my doctor refer me to to a nephrologist.wen we meet hir nd show my lab tests,she shocked nd say me hw im stil ok at this stage u must be in coma r brain attack ,she advise me nd my family to put me on dialysis.nd twice  a week til 1 month nd aftar that check again.
we leave hir clinic nd discus wat doctor said.,.that time me nd my family just was afraiding on dialysis,   
next day we again went to nephorolgist,she ask if i did my first dialysis,we said no.she angry nd then say us out frm here nd dnt cm bk til u die r do on dialysis,     
i was just kept silent nd think may be my life end nw,nd i wil die nw,that nite i pray to god do that best fr me....

khaliq
-Lady Noir-

Where's your will to be weird?

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 12:34:09 PM »

I remember Mike, he was scared of dialysis. He didn't want it. But i believed it was ignorance. We didn't understand what it was all about. When it came time, and he needed it, things were alot different. It wasn't scary, it was new, but we understood it a little bit bette having that experience.

I wish you all the best khaliq282.

Expose yourself to your deepest fear. After that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free

..Nik..

Fiancee to Mike
Mikes 'history'....
Born September 12 1983
Seizure July 2003 [Unrelated to kidney]
Diagnosed with 'Polycystic Kidney Disease' July 2003 (Wrong diagnosis)
Diagnosed with  IgA Glomerulonephritis April 2004
On active transplant waiting list 2006
Hyperparathyroidism developed gradually
Parathyroidectomy May 2009 (Affected kidney function)
Hospitalized for hyperkalemia June 2009
Catheter inserted June 2009

Started CAPD June 2009
Stared APD September 2009

ABO Incompatible transplant 01 December 2010
Donor = Mikes father Greg
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »

Welcome to our community, Khaliq!  I totally understand what you are going through.  The thought of dialysis can be pretty grim, but the reality is that it ends up making you feel much better.  Here is a whole community of people who will go through it with you.  You are not alone.  And it is not the end of life.  Please do what your nephrologist advises you to do.  We have Zach here who has been on dialysis for more than 20 years.  I have already cleared 5 and I work and I travel and am able to enjoy my grandsons.  And now you have found IHD - a great place for information, support and encouragement.  In fact, it is a genuine family :grouphug; , so keep reading and keep posting so we can know how you are doing.

Bajanne, Moderator

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
khaliq282

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 09:32:09 PM »

Hi again,thanks every1 to comnt me,i req all plz read my story complate.

khaliq
khaliq282

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 01:09:09 AM »

So i was teling i pray to god
next day we went to dialysis center at 12 n day on friday 23 oct 09
we go n center rum i saw blood  every where 4 ppls on bed laying wid 4 mechines.
i was just luking around nd wait wat wil happen to me 
when bed 3 gt free the male nurse ask me to lay on bed i cm o n bed then the nurse ask me r u have fastula on hand r cath i say no,he luk on me nd said it wil difcult but wil try to do ur dialysis
he check my hands nd arms nd try to find my vains.aftar that he said to my father that my body all septect nd all vains r gt tender. 
he tk a long neddle nd put on my right hand vain  wen he inject sodium in it .gt sawllon there he tk out the neddle then he try my both hand 3,4 time every time sawllon.   at last on left he put neddle nd cheack the persure its ok .he said ur 1 vain work nw nd blood wid go inside frm here.    then he said nw need a arty wer ur blood cm out frm ur body.
then he cal maid there nd put a blanket on me nd tk a injection nd put n a reglurl surenge.....

khaliq
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 07:46:40 AM »

Welcome to the site, Khaliq.   Did I read that correctly, you started dialysis without a fistula?  Sounds painful.  I hope you're doing good.  I look forward to getting to know you.    :waving;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
khaliq282

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 07:54:23 AM »

Then nurse cm nd under the blanket nd tk off my pant.
he give me injection on my left thai nd leave fr 3,4 mints.
aftar that he tk a 20# Canola nd put n artry on my thai.wen blood cm out he put tube nd circulate my body blood frm mechine nd  start my diaylsis it tk 2 hrs.aftar finsh he bandage wer the neddles.
i fel sm tirdnes on my first dialysis.
but wen i cm out frm dialysis rum i fel sm relife Really.
nd i start feeding myself so next 4 weeks 2 time n a week my dialysis was being held
aftar 1 month i checkup to my nephorolgist wid my lab reports my creatinine fal down from 21 to 8 mg/dl nd urea 60 to 25 mg/dl.my nephorolgist then give me 2 tablets fr bone protciön nd multi vitmons nd wid 2000 cc blood injeaction.nd recmended  hemo diaylsis twice a week rest of life r renal translant. 
next 3,4 months my dialysis going on my health gt better ,i had nt much fluid recterction    nd i join my  computer sail&Service shop wer i was working nd i own it .i bk to life but n all my family sufferd..,.,
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 08:04:18 AM by khaliq282 » Logged

khaliq
khaliq282

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 08:34:43 AM »

So that my story ,2day 23oct 10 i complate 1 yr of a hard dialysis yr.n all that i felt above my hardship my family suffrd lot .they support me ecnomically ,give me time,my mother becme n physyci patiant bcoz she cnt bear his elder son at age of 27 cm on dialysis.but she ok nw.my younger bro tk responsblites of my shop nd do work on computer shop.
my wife i thanks hir lot she realy tk care of me.every time i call hir fr any work she there.above all she never ask me wich things nid a maraid couple.i real  found a gud women.     
my father help me also lot .he support me n all expensives that nid on my dialysis.bcoz here no health insurance concept.nd averge 400 $ Monthly a dialysis patiant nid.nd he also traval wid me every time nd tk care n dialysis center.
i use this forum nd thanks all my family they help me lot.i found a very great family.2day if im bk to my life its coz my family.(ami,abu,kha,ati,kan,keno)love them all.....

khaliq
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »