I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 04:17:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Introducing myself
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 1937 times)
gpa

« on: October 18, 2010, 11:36:24 AM »

Warm greetings and salutations from sunny South Florida. My name is Milton. I have been on HD for 15 months. i feel as though i have been in a fog of fear, pain, anxiety, depression and perhaps even feeling sorry for myself. I am 56 years old 3 kids and one beautiful granddaughter. I too hate dialysis. I am desperately trying to get my life back as best i can. I observe other patients that are upbeat and leave the center after treatment like another day in the office. When i leave, I can barley walk, I sure hope this will get better.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 12:55:08 PM »

Hi Milton.  I think the ideal is to in fact be able to treat dialysis like another day at the office.  That's hard to do, though, if after your treatment, you feel like you can barely walk.  Are you and your medical team satisfied that you are getting good treatment?  Are your labs OK?

Of course, that other patients appear to be upbeat as they leave can be down to three things...they feel great, they feel not so great but are just happy to be leaving, or they feel just like you but are faking it.

Fogs of pain, fear and anxiety are so common with any chronic illness; feeling sorry for yourself is no crime.  The crime would be in not being able to enjoy your beautiful granddaughter anymore.  Beautiful granddaughters are put on this earth for a reason...

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 12:03:55 AM »

Welcome to IHD. I surely do hope things get better for you, altho after 15 years, I would think either something is being done wrong, or this is as good as it gets for you. I hope not, I hope you can find a better way to go thru this and make your life happier.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 02:51:41 AM »

Hi gpa, and welcome to IHD.  It is okay to feel the way you do.  Don't try to discount your feelings.  Dialysis Sucks!  Work through it and settle to where you are in life.  Things will get better.  Who can have a good day when you have access problems or BP problems or or or.  Things will calm down.

Stick with us.

Rerun, Moderator          :welcomesign;

peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 08:12:16 AM »

Welcome to the group, Milton.  When I was on hemo for 6 months, it wiped me out every time.  I much prefer PD as it is so much gentler on the system.  Hope everything gets better for you soon. 
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 12:43:53 PM »

G'day Milton and  :welcomesign;.

Galvo
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 06:43:01 PM »

Welcome to our community, Milton!  And a special greeting from one who shares the same sea as you do.  I am just south of you in the Virgin Islands so we are neighbours.  I know that things will get better for you - they got better for me.  When I first started, I didn't even drive myself to and fro and after each session I would just crash on our couch and be there until morning.  Now, I even teach classes after dialysis, drive myself and apart from an occasional poor feeling, I am doing quite well.
You did a good thing in joining us.  This is the place for information, support and encouragment.  In fact, this is a genuine family :grouphug;  Just keep reading and keep posting and let us know how you are doing (in the appropriate place, of course!)

Bajanne, Moderator

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Elly50

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 04:30:09 AM »

Hi I am in a fog too !  I was always ill after Dialysis only having one time when I felt ok.  This was such suprise not to feel ill  I have never forgotten it ! 

My team then though were shocking, I even had to endure the humiliation of listening them imitating me complaining about my machine pressure during their staff meeting.
  I was lucky enough to be moved after this but still cannot believe what the staff are allowed to get away with.

I have two grown up children but no grandchildren as of yet !  I am due to go back on to Dialysis as transplant failing.

I hope things improve for you

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »