I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:34:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Newbie from Indiana
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbie from Indiana  (Read 1859 times)
sgcline

« on: October 14, 2010, 04:06:34 PM »

Hello!  What a great site this appears to be.  I'm excited to have found it!

In Oct. 2009, I went for a regular check up.  It was a Monday.  Two rounds of blood tests later and a couple other tests, it was determined I had GFR of 12 and was in the hospital on Thursday.  I stayed there for 5 days and had a fistula placed the following Monday.  Here it is a year later.  I'm still right where I was.  I have not started dialysis.  I had no clue I had any kidney problems. 

My mom, sister and husband are all matches for a kidney transplant.  My sister is in the final stages of her testing to donate to me.  Her blood pressure was running a little high, so she may not qualify.  I thought we were in the home stretch...but now its back to the waiting game.

I'm an accountant and still working full time.  I'm having a lot of issues being able to handle my work and keep thing straight.  I'm anxious to compare symptoms with others.  I want to know if what I'm feeling it normal or I'm just crazy!   :stressed;

10/8/10 - Diagnosed with kidney failure.  Determined was born with small kidneys.
2/9/11 – Pre-emptive kidney transplant.  My sister was my living donor.
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »

:welcomesign; to IHD! We're glad you found us.

Chances are the symptoms you are experiencing are normal for renal failure. Your thinking can become quite cloudy and it is easy to feel that you are losing your grip. Don't be shy, jump into the discussions and tell us what is concerning you.

GFR 12 is pretty low. If your cognitive or physical symptoms become unbearable, you may want to have dialysis initiated.

Good luck with the transplant. I hope one of youu matches works out for you!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 10:23:15 PM »

G'day sgcline and  :welcomesign;.  You sound as normal as most of us here. Rotten kidney disease has all sorts of foul effects on us. Rant about them all you like. We are an empathetic bunch.

Galvo
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 10:43:06 PM »

:welcomesign; Post away.  There is a lot of really good information here.  I am sure you will find others with similar symptoms.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 01:20:33 AM »

Hi and  :welcomesign; to IHD. Glad you found us. Some one can always answer your questions.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 12:31:23 PM »

Hello and welcome to IHD.  Glad you found us.  There are some wonderful folks on here that will help you in any way they can.   :welcomesign;

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 02:04:55 PM »

:welcomesign;

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »

Welcome to our community!  You will find that this is just the place you need to be.  There is loads of information, tons of support and encouragment, and barrells of fun!  Have a good look around the forum.  We now have a section for pre-dialysis persons, as well as a transplant section.  You will soon find that this is much more than just a forum - it is a genuine family  :grouphug;  caring and sharing.  So keep reading and keep posting.

Bajanne,Moderator

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »