I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:21:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  sanfrancisco PKD walk event
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: sanfrancisco PKD walk event  (Read 1713 times)
gloria

author of "My Renal Life"

« on: October 18, 2010, 12:52:52 AM »

Hi All - The San Francsico Chapter of the PKD Foundation is embarking on our annual PKD Walk for the Cure event on Saturday, October 23,2010, at Mission Bay Creek Park (4th and Channel St.) not too far from the Giant's AT&T BallPark.  It is a day planned with lot's of enjoyable fun - we have a electric slide segment, with a variety of booths, with PKD info, memborabilia, and I will do a booksigning, I will also have a few samples of some of the dishes from my cookbook section of my book to sample.  There is also going to be several local bands performing, and more activities and entertainment or planned.  So if you reside in the sanfrancisco/bay area - or if you planned to visiit the bay area at that time - come join my team - JeffMoore team - and get your walk on for PKD 2010 - bringing awareness and raising funds for the continued research in finding a cure for PKD - and also urging people to get tested for PKD, and the early stages of CKD.  You can check out my local talk show interview and get more info on the walk event - I chatted a little about my book, while preparing one of my renal friendly dishes from my cookbook section of my book - My Renal Life (i know it, i live it) by Gloria Ann Jeff-Moore.  Hope to see you there.

The interview is online at www.sacandco.net, just click on the october 15th show and scroll down to my segment - PKD Hope.

Glo

Glo

I have been living on dialysis for almost two decades, ten on hemo and now in my 10th year of PD.  I am a first time author of My Renal LIfe - (i know it, i live it), sharing my experience with trials and tribulations that are associated with PKD and my plight with dialysis, that I feel could be potentially benificial to other fellow dialysis pts.  I am also a member of the San Francisco Chapter of the PKD Foundation, (our mission is to bring awareness to PKD, and to urge others to get tested for early stages of CKD.  My book main focus is this very complex renal diet, and any cooking and nutritional tips to share to make managing your health with dialysis.  I am a non-diabetic/dialysis pt.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »