I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:33:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Did you accomplish anything today?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you accomplish anything today?  (Read 308680 times)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1725 on: November 03, 2014, 09:30:10 AM »

Today I travelled to my favourite shopping-district to buy myself a new sweater/pullover for the coming winter-season
and I feel very lucky, because I could not find anything suitable in any of the "ordinary" sweater-shops there,
but I found two of the best quality new cashmere pullovers, which were costing me only a few pennies, in an ordinary Charity Shop!
It must have been my lucky day, because these two pullovers just came in a few minutes before I entered the shop...
... and they are not only brand new but they are also my size 8 and not only fit me perfectly, but they are also very cosy to wear...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #1726 on: November 04, 2014, 01:35:48 PM »

Wow that IS lucky indeed!

Today I nearly finished painting the staircase with non-slip paint (3 half steps per day) , and finished oiling 1 windowsill in the kitchen., I'm well impressed with myself.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1727 on: November 06, 2014, 01:35:49 AM »

Wow that IS lucky indeed!

Today I nearly finished painting the staircase with non-slip paint (3 half steps per day) , and finished oiling 1 windowsill in the kitchen., I'm well impressed with myself.

That IS very impressive, not only because of the smell the paint causes,
but also because it is certainly no fun but is one of the works that has to be done...
You sound as if you are renovating your place?
Best wishes from Kristina.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #1728 on: November 06, 2014, 02:41:10 PM »

Yes we are, thanx Kristina, any lucky finds today?

Love, Cas

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #1729 on: November 06, 2014, 08:34:48 PM »

Today I travelled to my favourite shopping-district to buy myself a new sweater/pullover for the coming winter-season
and I feel very lucky, because I could not find anything suitable in any of the "ordinary" sweater-shops there,
but I found two of the best quality new cashmere pullovers, which were costing me only a few pennies, in an ordinary Charity Shop!
It must have been my lucky day, because these two pullovers just came in a few minutes before I entered the shop...
... and they are not only brand new but they are also my size 8 and not only fit me perfectly, but they are also very cosy to wear...
When I was teenager I came home from school one day to discover my father had done the laundry and put my favorite cashmere sweater in the dryer. Needless to say, it shrank to a size smaller than my hand and I could no longer wear it. Here was the maddening part; up until the time I had gotten that sweater, my father had never helped with the laundry before.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #1730 on: November 06, 2014, 11:20:59 PM »

:banghead;

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #1731 on: November 07, 2014, 12:40:40 AM »

My Mom did that to me too. And it had been so pretty too, pale blue cashmere. Anyways, no I didn't do much today except go to the kidney Dr and discover that the foot that has been extremely painful since August is in fact, not a bone spur, but, gout!!! Well, not really gout, high uric acid. It makes me happy because a RX is on it's way to me from the pharmacy I sure hope it works. Oh, and my eGFR was 16 two months ago and it has gone back up to 21, yippee!!!

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1732 on: November 07, 2014, 03:33:14 AM »

Hello Cassandra and Jean, I am very sorry about your bad luck with cashmere pullovers... and I am very glad Jean, that your GFR has gone up to 21 again and hopefully your good luck with the GFR continues...

... Today I was preparing myself all through the morning to "get into the right mood"
and be able to give myself my necessary Epo-injection ... and I have finally succeeded...
... Then the postal-delivery of my new pair of "cosy-shoes" has arrived, which is a pair of shoes,
that can be artificially widened with special straps, whenever my feet are swollen-up again,
which is due to my low haemoglobin-level I am battling with at the moment...
...and I look forward to go for a long walk to try out my new pair of shoes in the afternoon...
... and with this new pair of shoes I can hopefully continue my daily walks
despite my continuous swollen feet at the moment...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:39:07 AM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #1733 on: November 14, 2014, 05:35:18 AM »

Hi Kristina I'm glad you got your 'special walking shoes'. Just wondering, is your iron high enough?

Love, Cas

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

Sugarlump
Elite Member

10 years on and off dialysis

« Reply #1734 on: November 15, 2014, 03:53:55 AM »

Got up early (it was yucky cold and foggy) and did the supermarket run whilst still quiet!!!
Topped up the stores for a week or so and bought some christmas jumpers for my grandkids...and pink smarties!

Exhausted now. Have tail end of a cold which is taking it's toll on me.  >:(

10 years of half a life
3 years HD 1st transplant Feb 08 failed after 3 months
Back to HD 2nd transplant Dec 10 failed after 11 months
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
Back on HD (not easy to do that third time around)
Fighting hard (two years on) to do home HD ... watch this space!
Oh and I am am getting married 1/08/15 to my wonderful partner Drew!!!
The power of optimism over common sense :)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1735 on: November 17, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »

Hi Kristina I'm glad you got your 'special walking shoes'. Just wondering, is your iron high enough?

Love, Cas

Thanks Cas,
I have to check-up tomorrow about my last blood results to find out about my iron...I think it is still low...thanks for reminding me...
... I had to sort-out my faulty telephone-line during the last seven days, because our street was being worked on
and somehow the land-line telephone got disturbed, stopped working as a result and I could not get on the computer either...
... Strangely enough, "in the old days" the British Telecom-engineers got onto a faulty telephone-line straight away,
sorted it out and repaired any fault instantly, but these days it takes almost a whole week for British Telecom-engineers
to sort out and repair an emergency... I was quite surprised about this lack of enthusiasm...

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #1736 on: November 17, 2014, 06:27:21 PM »

Love, Cas

Thanks Cas,
I have to check-up tomorrow about my last blood results to find out about my iron...I think it is still low...thanks for reminding me...
... I had to sort-out my faulty telephone-line during the last seven days, because our street was being worked on
and somehow the land-line telephone got disturbed, stopped working as a result and I could not get on the computer either...
... Strangely enough, "in the old days" the British Telecom-engineers got onto a faulty telephone-line straight away,
sorted it out and repaired any fault instantly, but these days it takes almost a whole week for British Telecom-engineers
to sort out and repair an emergency... I was quite surprised about this lack of enthusiasm...

kristina, I'm in the USA and they take a week before coming out to fix our land line, too whenever it's gone down. Makes me feel as if we are being punished for not using the latest technology that they assume everyone else uses. I don't care what they say, I still like using a land line.

I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1737 on: November 18, 2014, 10:07:26 AM »

How interesting, PrimeTimer! Perhaps we are being punished for remaining old-fashioned and still using a land-line
and not "keeping up with the Jones" by refusing to use every penny on the very latest technology ...
... I shall also keep my land-line and won't bother about anything else either...

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #1738 on: November 18, 2014, 11:40:17 AM »

Today I finished my christmas shopping!!! Feel quite chuffed  8)
I hate last minute shopping in the crowds so plan well in advance, use the internet for a lot and it's all done and dusted.
Just got to get Drew to wrap them all up for me (he is neater than me  ::)) :santahat; :santahat;

10 years of half a life
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1739 on: November 19, 2014, 02:21:27 AM »

Today is the  very day...
I shall either pass or fail my exam this afternoon and I am already a little nervous ...
... But I have "convinced myself" that if I fail my exam this afternoon, I shall try again ...
... After all, I am not doing too well with my very low kidney function at the moment... (no dialysis started yet...)
... and because of that fact, my concentration ability might be a little bit challenged right now ...
... But I shall give it my very best all the same this afternoon ...

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1740 on: November 19, 2014, 11:01:22 AM »

:bandance; I can hardly believe it, but I have passed my examination with Distinction :bandance;
... Now I feel completely exhausted and need a rest or perhaps a little holiday....

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #1741 on: November 19, 2014, 11:13:10 AM »

Why

:yahoo;                 :yahoo;                :yahoo;

:cheer:      :cheer:        :cheer:

CONGRATS Kristina!!! 

Enjoy the rest of the day, love Cas

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1742 on: November 20, 2014, 01:25:30 AM »

Thank you Cassandra,
I did enjoy the rest of the day and I thought it was a pity that I could not celebrate such a special occasion with a little glass of Krimskoye ...
... Special occasions are "usually" celebrated with a glass of bubbly Krimskoye from the Crimea,
but I did not feel that I could risk drinking a little sip of Krimskoye because of my being pre-D...
... I feel extremely lucky that I did not suffer from any "ESRF-brain-fog" during the exam
and I am still completely over the moon about this wonderful result despite my precarious kidney-situation...

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #1743 on: November 20, 2014, 06:12:28 AM »

:bandance; I can hardly believe it, but I have passed my examination with Distinction :bandance;
... Now I feel completely exhausted and need a rest or perhaps a little holiday....

Congratulations and well done x  :clap; :clap; :clap;

10 years of half a life
Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #1744 on: November 20, 2014, 06:13:28 AM »

Today I started to tackle sorting out the understairs cupboard!!! I maybe gone some time ... :P

10 years of half a life
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1745 on: November 21, 2014, 01:24:50 AM »

Thank you Sugarlump. I am still very exhausted and still recovering from all the exams...
(I must have put my  whole energy into getting through the exams and must have lost a bit of my typical former exam-enthusiasm...)
... but I am already making new exciting plans for new studies and new adventures...
... and please don't work too hard whilst you sorting out the understairs cupboard...
... I know from own experiences that sorting out cupboards is a neverending process...
Best wishes and kind regards from Kristina.

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1746 on: November 21, 2014, 04:18:25 PM »

Kristina,  You DESERVE a reward for your studies and success.  Even with 'our' kidneys it is possible.  You simply have to stay true to the old "All things in moderation."  It is NOT that you cannot have, only that you cannot have near as much.  Depending on your body size and type you may only have a little sip, maybe an ounce.  But you need not totally deprive yourself of the reward that you have so worked for and earned.  Enjoy, just not too much. I know you have the self control you could enjoy even a small glass (shot cup size) tasting/taking only the smallest of sips so to enjoy every single drop, rather than gulp a whole brandy sniffer down in one huge swig.  Relax, take your time, you've more than earned it.

Jean,  Gout, ouch.  Been there, still stuck with it.  Also have calcium still climbing.  Over 11.2 so far.  You will learn to identify those foods containing purine, plants aren't so bad but the animal and seafood meat containing it are far more likely to cause the problems.

Dr's started me on low dose steroid, prednisone, 5MG 3X daily, seems to help so far. But I am gaining weight again.  Next month it cuts to 2X daily.  I hope the weight gain stops then.  After that it is only once a day, hopefully I can slowly drop all this, and maybe another 30.  It would sure be neat to be under 200 again.  Haven't been that light since about 7th grade.  I'm 6 ft and solid, don't look fat, but I weight it!

Good luck!

Take Care Everyone,

Charlie B
Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #1747 on: November 22, 2014, 07:30:30 AM »

I have emerged from the understairs cupboard!
But really chuffed with my small achievement!
We now have three rows of shelves and need storage boxes, all labelled and it's easy to get in and out and find things.
Clearing out clutter and getting organised makes me happy  8)

10 years of half a life
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #1748 on: November 22, 2014, 08:35:54 PM »

kristina:  Congratulations on passing your exam! What a HUGE achievement! Perhaps you can celebrate by treating yourself to (another) new cashmere sweater or special tea if you can't have the Krimskoye. However you choose to celebrate, surely you will enjoy knowing that you have achieved something you had worked hard for. That must feel pretty great!

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1749 on: January 04, 2015, 01:50:54 PM »

Thank you very much Charlie and PrimeTimer for the encouragement.
 I did take a little rest, but it did not last very long
because of the upheaval caused by my recent starting with "D",
which has been a huge change. Pity about the "no" to Krimskoye,
but perhaps there is a chance one day in the future ...
I am still very happy about passing these exams just before starting with "D",
but in a strange way passing these exams almost seems to be many years ago now.
Sugarlump, I am very glad that you have sorted out the understair cupboard
and that you have organized three rows of shelves. Well done!

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 Go Up Print 
« previous next »