I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:26:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  chest catheder out
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: chest catheder out  (Read 2085 times)
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« on: September 16, 2010, 01:07:36 PM »

Mom got her catheder out Tuesday (9/14). They just pulled it out. She said it didn't hurt. She can't wait to take a shower. She probably has by now as they told her to keep the bandage on for 12 hours.

Her fistula is doing great. She has this RX cream that gets put on her hand (arm with fistula) that keeps it warm. There are times when she says it feels like ice inside.

She had a fall from her seat in the kitchen (there to help her do her cooking and dishes) and bruised her tailbone. She has been in a bed for dialysis for a few weeks now and she said she feels better, but is in no rush to go back to the chair! She can't sleep in the chair.

Her numbers have been good, but she does have it listed to take two Tums with every meal. We have to put them in her pill box so she at least gets 4 a day because she doesn't like them and "forgets."

:waving;

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 01:28:32 PM »

So far so good.  Ask for a phosphorus binder pill (Renagel) rather than tums.

:yahoo;

texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 09:56:43 AM »

Ouch...sorry for her about that fall. I slipped down steps when I was young and brusied my tailbone (cocyx). It hurt  very bad for a long time. I'm sure you mom will be sore for a while. Sounds like some positive things going though. She's lucky she has you to help!

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »