I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 06:19:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What? No NFL thread? There is now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What? No NFL thread? There is now!  (Read 184166 times)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 08:51:33 AM »

MM, a funny thing just happened about 20 minutes ago, My Dad called me to reconnect the dvd to the tv. As I was switching channels(there's on;y 3 and their all Mexican) I seen the rebroadcast of the game in Spanish. The problem is that I know very very limited Spanish. At least I seen the last 10 minutes of the game.

And did the Bears still win in Spanish? :P

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2010, 03:18:25 AM »

Well it sunday boys and girls and its time to root for your team.
***GO BEARS***
They play the NY Giants today.

The Texans play the Oakland Raiders
Green Bay Packers play the Detroit Lions
and finally the Dallas Cowboys isn't losing today(its their bye week).

As I was coming out the Nephrologist office, I thought the sky was falling.
Knew I was going on dialysis since November 1999.
Had a fistula put in January 2000.
Been on 4-1/2 hour dialysis since August 28, 2001. (They took out 35Kg that single week)

Maria hasbeen on hemodualysis since January, 2005
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 06:49:28 AM »

:cheer:  :cheer: GO GIANTS!  :cheer:  :cheer:
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010, 04:22:43 PM »

I am beginning to suspect that the refs are in some sort of a cabal whose raison d'etre is to screw the Lions.  That team is jinxed.  There always seems to be a flag thrown at the worst possible time for that team.  It is bizarre.

That Bears/Giants game is gonna be such fun!  I'm still not sure if the Bears are really a 4-0 team, and the Giants just have not looked very good this year.  Another team that is a bit mysterious is the Saints...they do keep winning, but barely.  They don't look like the same team that won the Super Bowl.

Glad to see the Texans held their nerve and beat the Raiders.  I remember two years ago when they lost to the Raiders in a game they had no business losing, and that cost them their first winning season.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2010, 08:51:47 PM »

:cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:   :cheer:  :cheer: GIANTS WIN! GIANTS WIN!  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 01:23:35 AM »

Oh no....what happened to my Bears. NINE Sacks in the first half. MM you are right that them being a 4-0 team. I hope that Lovie is going to have to do something about that offense now.Well at least there no more unbeaten teams left. Lets see if there is any changes next week when they play the Panthers.

Been on 4-1/2 hour dialysis since August 28, 2001. (They took out 35Kg that single week)

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »

:oops; The Chiefs are still undefeated.  Changes for the Bears? Do you have any quarterbacks left?
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2010, 09:53:12 AM »

"The Chiefs are undefeated."...when was the last time you heard THAT? :rofl;

Oh, didn't the Bears look awful?  The O-line is a huge problem...so many young players having to learn a Mike Martz offense.  I don't know why he kept calling plays that consistently put Cutler at risk.  Is there no place for the run in his offense?  I think Cutler was concussed way before the end of the half.

I wasn't particularly impressed with NYG, either...neither team showed me anything special.  My husband remarked that it looked like a circus out there.  Next week should be interesting because the Bears play so-far hapless Carolina, and the Texans go to NJ to play the Giants.  The Texans allowed an awful lot of points lately.

And Jacksonville beat the Colts?  What an ending to THAT game!  Wish I had watched that one.

ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 11:23:28 AM »

Well if the Bears don;t something the Panthers are going to win next week. I hope the Texans beat the Giants and as for the 'Boys well they can lose all their games.. As for the cubs well......Lets just say I am a 'glad Bartman stuck his glove out' kind of person. To many arrogant cubs fans in the family and friends.

paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »

I actualy cheered for Donavan Mcnab yesterday.  Never dreamed that day would come.
I am glad the Redskins beat the Eagles.  I can only imagine many eagles were thinking why did we trade donavan???
Vick got hit good and was forced out of the game :thumbup;

My Cowboys???  Still up in the air as how they will do this year.  But i wish them the best.
Also want the Seahawks to do well but as usual they lost again....
But there was some good games yesterday...

And hockey is also here :2thumbsup;  GO FLYERS

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 03:52:59 PM »

YL pretty soon its going to hockey season and team to beat is my Chicago Blackhawks.  :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :yahoo; :yahoo; :yahoo;
Pretty soon going to have to start up a hockey topic. With all of our Canadian friends here that might bring up a lot of discussions.

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2010, 04:08:10 PM »

I'm not real sure what to think about Michael Vick.  My stepson hates him because of what he did, and that's a viewpoint I understand.  But I like to think that people can be redeemed and can benefit from a second chance.  I hope that he will come back quickly from his injury.  It was nice to see him and McNabb together before the game.

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2010, 07:38:58 PM »

YL pretty soon its going to hockey season and team to beat is my Chicago Blackhawks.  :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :yahoo; :yahoo; :yahoo;
Pretty soon going to have to start up a hockey topic. With all of our Canadian friends here that might bring up a lot of discussions.
This is an NFL thread but I have to give a quick Quack Quack! Go DUCKS!
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2010, 07:05:40 PM »

OH NO!!! Jay Cutler is out for the week after that whack in the head that he took fro, the Giants agme. I hope Todd Collins does good as the QB.

GO BEARS

BTW YL, I did start a NHL thread. GO BLACKHAWKS!!!

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »

I think they should go with Caleb Haney, but Lovie hasn't called me to ask my opinion.  Can't understand why not...

ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2010, 07:47:12 PM »

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;
Well I hope he finds that right combination before the season starts slipping away.
The Bleacher Report dropped the Bears rating from 1 to 10 because of the OL. MM, at least the Texans went from 8th to 7th and the 'Boys stood at 16th.

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2010, 09:50:44 PM »

Hey chickenlittle, I've just heard that the Texans signed Mark Anderson who was let go from the Bears just a few days ago.  He was awful; the Bears have a history of getting rid of people that become really good with a new team, so maybe Anderson will continue that tradition!  I'm not sure how well Cedric Benson is doing this year, though; I haven't heard.

ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2010, 05:16:00 PM »

BEARS WIN!!! BEARS WIN!!!
 :yahoo; :yahoo; :clap; :clap; :yahoo; :yahoo;
BEARS 23 PANTHERS 6

I haven't kept up with todays Bears game, anybody got details

Sorry MM that the Texans got slammed by the Giants 34-10, at least the 'Boys didn't do much better they lost to the Titans 34-27.

Detroit walloped the Rams 44-6 and won their first game of the season
Green bay lost to the Redskins 16-13

Thats it for the NFC North

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2010, 08:21:27 PM »

;D How about them GIANTS?!!!  :boxing;
Cowgirls lose again  :oops;
Lisa

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2010, 07:44:34 AM »

GO STEELERS
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:45:40 AM by Lisa » Logged

Lisa
born 1966 with PKD
ESRD 1987
PD started 1987
1st hemo 1989 (permacaths, grafts and fistulas)
1st Transplant 1990
Transplant failed 1994
Hemo 1994 (permacaths, grafts and fistulas)
2nd Transplant 1995
Hemo 2010 (permacath hopefully merging into PD)
PD training 3/16/10
CAPD...the CCPD until present
...waiting to go on "the list"
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2010, 07:57:28 PM »

Jeez, I really don't know what to think about the Texans.  I read a bit about the game, and I don't see how this team beat the Colts in the season opener.  They are such an up and down team.  You never know which team is gonna show up. 

I bet Jerry Jones isn't a happy bunny today.  Here he is thinking the Cowboys are gonna be in the Super Bowl so that he can have a big party there in Dallas, but I dunno about that.  Unfortunately, I am so NOT a Titans fan, not after Bud Adams took the Oilers away, so I couldn't be quite as happy about a Dallas loss as I should have been.

I didn't see the Bears' game but I heard about Todd Collins' bad day.  I wonder if he will still have a job by the end of the week.

ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2010, 11:48:33 AM »

Its Saturday and its time for some NFL stats
From the Bleacher Report is the rankings for week 5 on the NFC North teams
Bears are ranked 5th(still holding on to the top five so far) at  4-1
Green Bay are ranked 8th at 3-2
Vikings are ranked 25 at 1-3
Detroit Lions are ranked  28 at 1-4. Is Brett Favre playing or isdoes he have his hands full.

Finally
In Texas the Texans are ranked 10th at 3-2. At least they're in the top 10
Dallas Cowgirls(ooops Cowboys ;D) are ranked way way back there in the bottpm 5th at 26th place for a 1-3 record

Last Item on my mind and is I hope that the S-F 49er's win Sunday, Mike Singletary needs this win.

GO BEARS

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2010, 01:21:11 PM »

GO BIG BLUE! GIANTS WIN!!!
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 02:52:39 PM »

Oh no the Bears loast by 3!!! Its time give Jay Cutler a longer time off. >:D  :twocents;

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2010, 07:28:05 PM »

Sorry.  The Giants had the Lions using their 3rd string QB too.  The D is sure pounding QB's this year. (never like seeing injuries though)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »