I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:31:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What? No NFL thread? There is now!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What? No NFL thread? There is now!  (Read 184237 times)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« on: September 14, 2010, 03:15:10 PM »

Looks like the NFL is just as over-lawyered as usual.  It's gotta hurt being a Lions fan.  Quite a few of last year's playoff teams didn't looks so brilliant here in week 1.  Maybe some new powers will emerge this season?

"Are ya ready for some football?"

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 03:53:59 PM »

:cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:
GO BIG BLUE!!!
The New York Football Giants
      :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 08:02:30 PM »

I am not ready for some football! But you all enjoy it anyway. I am going to plug the B5 DVDs in and enjoy them instead!   :rofl;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 09:11:06 AM »

kitkatz, I don't blame you.  I love B5 and have the whole DVD set.  Truth be told, there are many times I'd rather watch that than the tedium that is engulfing the NFL.  Too many rules, too many commercials.  But this past weekend offered up some great stories.  The NFL is rather like a soap opera...will Ochocinco and T.O. get along?  Will Tom Brady father another baby?  Is Michael Vick "rehabilitated"?  Which head coach will be fired first?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 11:38:43 AM »

football, who me? not if i can help it. thankfully last weekend april and elliot whent to a friends to watch the game. the only thing i missed was the food!

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 08:46:21 AM »

Can't wait until the cheeseheads go visiting the Bears. I wore my Bears cap and shirt on Monday after they won in Dallas.   :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;
Gp BEARS

As I was coming out the Nephrologist office, I thought the sky was falling.
Knew I was going on dialysis since November 1999.
Had a fistula put in January 2000.
Been on 4-1/2 hour dialysis since August 28, 2001. (They took out 35Kg that single week)

Maria hasbeen on hemodualysis since January, 2005
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 09:11:01 AM »

Great win against the Cowboys.  Hopefully my Giants will figure out how to give Eli some protection before they play Da Bears in 2 weeks.
harley08

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 12:30:46 PM »

I am so disappointed in Ben Rothlisburger that i don't want to go on much about my STEELERS this year, but we always like to win!!!! :shy;
Hazmat35

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 08:39:59 AM »

Looks like the NFL is just as over-lawyered as usual.  It's gotta hurt being a Lions fan.  Quite a few of last year's playoff teams didn't looks so brilliant here in week 1.  Maybe some new powers will emerge this season?

"Are ya ready for some football?"

It's a tough job, but someone has to be a LION's fan.  I'm from Detroit, and have been an avid, lifetime supporter of the Lion's since I was a kid.  You have to support your home town, even if they SUCK!   :cheer:

Brother Passed away - 1990 - Liver Disease
Diagnosed w/ Polycystic Kidney Disease - 1998
Mother passed away - Feb. 1999 - PKD
Sister passed away - Feb. 2006 - PKD
AV Fistula / Upper Left Arm - September 2009
Father passed away - September 2009
In-Center Hemo Dialysis - April 2010
Broken Knee Cap - January 2015
Diagnosed w/ A-Fib October 2017
Surgery to repair Hiatal Hernia 2018
Multiple Fistula Grams / Angioplasty's since then!

Hating Dialysis since Day 1 and everyday since then!!!!  :)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 12:13:20 PM »

hazmat, so true, so true.  I do see improvement there, though.  They have the same record as the Vikings!

YLGuy, I was hoping the Giants would prevail over the Colts, but they really had a rough night.  Eli might have a tough night against the Bears' defense, and with Cutler and Mike Martz's new offense, the Bears are actually looking like an offensive force for once.  The Bears' O-line is suspect, too, so it may come down to which QB gets better protection/runs the quickest!

Anyone care to comment on the Cowboys?  I was the only one in our pool to pick the Bears in that game, so I came out looking mighty clever, but I just don't think the Cowboys are as good as the media would like them to be.  I'm not sure what the problem is in Big D.

And the Saints.  Everyone has been expecting more offensive fireworks, but that's not happening.  Losing Reggie Bush is not going to restore their spark.

Harley, I agree about Ben R.  How are Steelers' fans reacting to what happened with him? 

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 02:55:14 PM »

Anyone care to comment on the Cowboys?

Overated and they have Choko Romo at the helm.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 03:01:44 PM »

Anyone care to comment on the Cowboys?

Overated and they have Choko Romo at the helm.

"Choko Romo"...OK, that made me laugh!  Sorta like Tony "Oh no!" Romo...

thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 03:58:09 PM »

i will admit i do follow a college team, but as the games are generally not brodcast........

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 07:17:33 PM »

im ready for some football!!!!  Great family time for us, with bbq and fun with my grandbaby....  yea i say

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:20:01 PM by boswife » Logged

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
cloud393

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 07:22:34 PM »

:cheer: Yea Cleveland Browns!!!!

May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 12:40:24 PM »

Tomorrow its the 0-2 Dallas Cowboys vs. 2-0 Houston Texans game. Any Texans or ex-Texan have any comments on this game.

Been on 4-1/2 hour dialysis since August 28, 2001. (They took out 35Kg that single week)

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »

Tomorrow its the 0-2 Dallas Cowboys vs. 2-0 Houston Texans game. Any Texans or ex-Texan have any comments on this game.
OK, I'll stick my head above the parapet on this one.  I despise the Cowboys...always have and always will.  Sorry to any Cowboy fans here (lookin' at you, Paul.Karen...), but it's just the way I was raised.  My family had season tickets to the Oilers' games from the time they came into existance until I left for college (in 1975); I grew up in the Astrodome.  My poor father was crushed when Bud Adams finally made good on his threat to move the team, and he died just a month before the first Texan game.  He taught me my hatred for the 'boys, so I have no choice in the matter.

I think that the Texans are a better team right now, but on any given Sunday, it is not always the best team that wins.  I know that the pundits have high hopes for the Texans, and with good reason, but it's still early days. I am waiting for Dallas to get it together.  Glad the game is at Reliant.

Bruno

TOFF (typical old Fart)

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 04:16:54 AM »

This is definitely the year of the Saints.
Go St.Kilda, pride of Victoria.
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 02:26:10 AM »

Its monday and ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL tonight. On ESPN Monday Night football its the Green Bay Packers comes to visit da Chicago Bears  :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;
I know that the the Bears don't have a good history on Monday night football but I think that they should do good tonight.
MM I was keeping track of the Texans againt the 'boys. Its too bad that they lost yesterday. I am going to hear it today at D.

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 07:08:00 AM »

Yeah, I knowChickenLittle, yesterday was a bad day all around.  Texans v Cowboys was the nationally televised game, but up here in Chicagoland, we had to plow through Lions v Vikings.  But tonight, well....yeah, the Pack v Bears; now, I don't use this word EVER, but it's gonna be AWESOME.  I took the Packers in our football pool, but I'm hoping the Bears will win.  They've played two mediocre teams so far, and this will be a big test for them.

aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 08:03:01 PM »

Beginning of the 4th quarter... Punt return by Devin Hester!  :clap; Boy did I tune in at the right time.  :beer1;
(Sorry Sluff)

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 09:01:46 PM »

Chicago Bears 20-Green Bay Packers 17  :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :yahoo; :yahoo; :yahoo;
In your face( sorry 'bout the gloating)

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 09:16:15 PM »

Oh man, that Packer's offensive tackle (the guy on Peppers) single handedly lost that game for GB.  How can you possibly have 17 penalties and hope to win? 

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 09:39:07 PM »

I think they opened the Giants playbook!  lol.  Well, the Giants only had 11 but 5 of them were personal fouls.
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 10:58:12 PM »

MM, a funny thing just happened about 20 minutes ago, My Dad called me to reconnect the dvd to the tv. As I was switching channels(there's on;y 3 and their all Mexican) I seen the rebroadcast of the game in Spanish. The problem is that I know very very limited Spanish. At least I seen the last 10 minutes of the game.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »