I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:07:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What? No NFL thread? There is now!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What? No NFL thread? There is now!  (Read 183221 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #775 on: January 08, 2016, 10:04:44 PM »

Go Hawks on Sunday!  Stay Warm or HOT!

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #776 on: January 10, 2016, 04:39:18 PM »

Thank you!  :cheer:

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #777 on: January 10, 2016, 09:57:20 PM »

Seahawks got lucky there at the end.  They're going to have to play much better next week, but I'm sure they already know that!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #778 on: January 11, 2016, 05:19:30 AM »

Two unbelievable endings this weekend.  :urcrazy;

What happens next? :boxing;

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #779 on: January 14, 2016, 05:02:36 AM »

OK, I hope your team is still in the running.

I wonder how the NFL will top the weirdness that happened last weekend.

GO STEELERS!

Sorry, couldn't help myself!! :shy; I am afraid with injuries and lack of talent they are in trouble this weekend but there is always hope

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
KarenInWA
Elite Member

« Reply #780 on: January 17, 2016, 06:37:22 PM »

All I can say is - I am so thankful I'm a Seahawks fan with a real man as QB, and not a Panthers fan with that poor excuse of a sore winner as a QB. We may be out, but at least my team has better men!

KarenInWA

1996 - Diagnosed with Proteinuria
2000 - Started seeing nephrologist on regular basis
Mar 2010 - Started Aranesp shots - well into CKD4
Dec 1, 2010 - Transplant Eval Appt - Listed on Feb 10, 2012
Apr 18, 2011 - Had fistula placed at GFR 8
April 20, 2011 - Had chest cath placed, GFR 6
April 22, 2011 - Started in-center HD. Continued to work FT and still went out and did things: live theater, concerts, spend time with friends, dine out, etc
May 2011 - My Wonderful Donor offered to get tested!
Oct 2011  - My Wonderful Donor was approved for surgery!
November 23, 2011 - Live-Donor Transplant (Lynette the Kidney gets a new home!)
April 3, 2012 - Routine Post-Tx Biopsy (creatinine went up just a little, from 1.4 to 1.7)
April 7, 2012 - ER admit to hospital, emergency surgery to remove large hematoma caused by biopsy
April 8, 2012 - In hospital dialysis with 2 units of blood
Now: On the mend, getting better! New Goal: No more in-patient hospital stays! More travel and life adventures!
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #781 on: January 17, 2016, 10:18:26 PM »

Larry Fitzgerald won the weekend.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #782 on: January 18, 2016, 09:02:42 AM »

I am surprised the Hawks had such a poor first half.  I expected far better of them.

They played very well in the second, but that first was just too much to make up.

Catch up is hard to do, in any game.  I'd still give them an A for the second quarter effort.

Hoping to see them do better next year.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #783 on: January 18, 2016, 01:39:02 PM »

Agreed.  I'm also surprised Carolina had such a poor second half.

Anyone have any thoughts about the conference finals coming up?

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #784 on: January 18, 2016, 04:47:49 PM »

It was a bad first half but we 12ves love them anyway. 

:cheer: 

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #785 on: February 02, 2016, 09:05:08 AM »

Any thoughts about the Super Bowl this weekend?  Who will you be rooting for?  Are you going to or hosting a Super Bowl party?

Will this be Peyton's last game?

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #786 on: February 02, 2016, 02:58:16 PM »

I always tend to give Denver an edge.  Training at Mile High is a distinct advantage as the development of a cardio-vascular system within a deprived oxygen atmosphere makes a tremendous difference when they play at the lower altitude stadiums.

Anyone that has hiked/hunted in the high mountains can testify to the huge differences in altitude exertions and rapid onset of tiredness.

Go Denver.

I expect Denver by at least 3.
SooMK

« Reply #787 on: February 03, 2016, 06:40:26 AM »

I will probably watch the Super Bowl. I do think it will be Peyton's last game and I want to see this Cam Newton. I'm glad Tom isn't playing. The Pats played a good season especially considering all their injuries and ended It losing by a small margin to a respected opponent.

SooMK
Diagnosed with Uromodulin Kidney Disease (ADTKD/UMOD) 2009
Transplant from my wonderful friend, April 2014
Volunteering with Rare Kidney Disease Foundation 2022. rarekidney.org
Focused on treatment and cure for ADTKD/UMOD and MUC1 mutations.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #788 on: December 09, 2016, 11:04:01 AM »

Gosh, the 2016-17 season is already halfway over, and we haven't talked about it at all!

So, how are your teams doing?  Do any of you have some general thoughts about the season so far?

How are y'all feeling about the new rule regarding the PAT?  I think I like it!

Does Tony Romo still have a future with the Cowboys?

What's going on with the Packers?  Very inconsistent this year.

Will Jay Cutler be with the Bears next year?

Oakland is looking mighty good, all things considered.  I hope Derek Carr continues to do well; I remember when his older brother David Carr was the first pick when the Texans came into the league.  Unfortunately, the Texans didn't have an O-line, so Carr's career was painfully short.

Who will be the conference champs?  Any predictions?

cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #789 on: December 09, 2016, 03:04:19 PM »

As a Packers fan, I'm disappointed in our team this year.  They can't seem to get it together on both sides of the ball for the same game.  I've heard rumors that there is trouble between Rodgers and McCarthy, which is fueling the fire for those who wish McCarthy to be shown the door. 

Of course, then there are the Bears.  I think John Fox is a seat-filler.  The McCaskey family needs to clean house from Ted Phillips on down.  But again, as a Packers fan, I love every minute of the dysfunction.

Personally, I would love to see a Lions-Oakland Super Bowl.  I don't think it will happen but I have a soft spot in my heart for Matthew Stafford.  If the Packers can't win the division, I'd be happy to root for the Lions.

Gosh, the 2016-17 season is already halfway over, and we haven't talked about it at all!

So, how are your teams doing?  Do any of you have some general thoughts about the season so far?

How are y'all feeling about the new rule regarding the PAT?  I think I like it!

Does Tony Romo still have a future with the Cowboys?

What's going on with the Packers?  Very inconsistent this year.

Will Jay Cutler be with the Bears next year?

Oakland is looking mighty good, all things considered.  I hope Derek Carr continues to do well; I remember when his older brother David Carr was the first pick when the Texans came into the league.  Unfortunately, the Texans didn't have an O-line, so Carr's career was painfully short.

Who will be the conference champs?  Any predictions?
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #790 on: December 09, 2016, 03:15:39 PM »

I don't claim to be a real Bears fan, but since I live here, I do claim to enjoy all of the moaning and groaning on the Monday morning sports talk shows!

I wouldn't mind seeing a Raiders/Lions Super Bowl!  It would sort of echo a Cubs/Indians World Series.

I didn't realize there is a bit of backstage drama going on in PackerLand.

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #791 on: February 06, 2017, 08:34:58 AM »

I loved the Bushes' coin toss.  Brought tears to my eyes.  Lady Gaga's half-time show was respectable. She left politics out.
Then I get to dialysis and there is too much snow on the dish (on the roof) and we get no reception.  We had to listen to it on the radio.  I could not believe the Falcons lost.  I know how the fans feel.  After what happened to the Seahawks....

The Anheuser Bush commercial was good... at least he had papers and was legal.   :thumbup; 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 03:45:39 PM by Rerun » Logged

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #792 on: February 06, 2017, 08:45:43 AM »

Yes, she did leave politics out, but she did include "Born This Way".  Good!

I'm gutted for the Falcons. 

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #793 on: October 10, 2017, 12:24:04 PM »

My, how time has flown!  Has everyone been having fun?

We're already 5 weeks into the new NFL season.  How is everyone's team doing?  Any general thoughts about how the season is progressing (no, let's not get into all of the protest stuff; that's a different thread!).

I'm becoming more and more turned off by the seemingly increasing frequency of catastrophic injuries.  My Texans suffered two in just a few defensive series.  JJ Watt, who has meant so much to the City of Houston during a very trying time, is out for the season; he missed much of the 2016-17 season due to injury, and now it's a recurring nightmare.  Whitney Mercilus, one of the defensive triumvirate of Watt, Mercilus and Clowney, is also out for the season.  I'm just waiting for Clowney to go down.  The Texans have gone from being one of the most entertaining teams to watch to being a team you're just waiting to implode in on itself.  Deshaun Watson, though, is a joy to behold.

Speaking of rookie qbs thrust all too early into the spotlight, the Bears' Mitch Trubiskey is still most decidedly a rookie.  He had flashes of brilliance on MNF last night but also had flashes of rookieness.

In London I watched the Dolphins v Saints, and I can truly say that in all of my 50 years of watching the NFL, that was the most stupifyingly boring game I'd ever seen.  All the games I've managed to see this year have been either very exciting or mindnumblingly dull.

So, how about you all?  Any insightful thoughts about the season so far?

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #794 on: October 10, 2017, 02:06:44 PM »

I'm taking a butt..       :sir ken; 

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #795 on: October 10, 2017, 02:17:06 PM »

That's fair enough.  Are you not following the Seahawks at all this season?

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #796 on: October 12, 2017, 07:22:56 AM »

No........

Xplantdad

Health is not valued till sickness comes. T.Fuller

« Reply #797 on: October 12, 2017, 01:24:12 PM »

I follow college teams...I gave up on the NFL years ago.  :waving;

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)
Holly's Facebook Kidney  page: https://www.facebook.com/Hollys.transplantpage/

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #798 on: October 13, 2017, 02:46:53 AM »

In our St Louis News, a local Catholic H.S. football team is so far undefeated and has won by default their last three games.  Other schools with injured players are unable to field a full roster.  Many mention the difference in size of their players also as the Catholic team has many Senior players.

Three weeks with no Friday Night H.S. Football.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #799 on: October 13, 2017, 02:33:49 PM »

In our St Louis News, a local Catholic H.S. football team is so far undefeated and has won by default their last three games.  Other schools with injured players are unable to field a full roster.  Many mention the difference in size of their players also as the Catholic team has many Senior players.

Three weeks with no Friday Night H.S. Football.

Oh, that's terrible.  I'm sorry to hear this.  I've always liked football, but I have to say that lately, I've gone off it a bit.  My husband and I have constant disagreements about the NFL vs boxing.  He can't understand how a sport whose goal it is to knock someone senseless should even be legal.  I can understand that, but what makes it so different from the NFL?  He counters that the intention in the NFL isn't to purposely hurt your opponent.  I think that's irrelevant because there is not a week that goes by where an NFL player hasn't had a season ending injury, and it happens so often that we forget how life-altering this can be.  Whether the injury is intentional or not doesn't really matter.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »