I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 03:18:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Well yesterday was blimmin terrible !
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well yesterday was blimmin terrible !  (Read 2325 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: September 01, 2010, 07:02:40 AM »

As you know i posted about our unit going down , it seems the water plant flooded the whole place out in the morning. So i got a call to go in (all was fixed) 5 hours later than my usual time !! When i got there i was told we were only doing 2 hours because it was late .Normally i could have probably coped with that ,but i hadnt had any dialysis for 2 days ( i do Tues.thurs.sat) so i had had sun/mon off as usual and im usually ready for tuesdays session! Anyway it was awful , they tried to pull as much fluid off in 2 hours as i do in 4. My body hated it , i went shaky,sick and when i get empty i get like a steel band tightening around my head. I came off feeling dreadful, i still feel like crap today. Its beautiful outside but i have spent most of the day in bed  :puke;. WHAT a waste of my day off! Im so mad !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:05:03 AM »

I did Tues/Thurs/Sat also and once I put off the Tues night session til Wed morning for a vacation. I was so sick during that treatment. But by the end of the next one I felt better. You'll be ok soon.  Hang in there! It sucks that your unit was flooded.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »

KICKSTART, they need to make a movie of your life.  Sort of a tragicomedy thing.  I'm tempted to have Ricky Gervais play you. :rofl;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 03:24:49 PM »

RICKY GERVAIS???????????   Ahem im Female !!!! This is me  :kickstart; (got my very own smiley if you check it out!)

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 06:55:24 PM »

I know, KICKSTART, but there is something about your posts that just remind me of Ricky Gervais, and I love me some Ricky Gervais.  He makes everything look patently absurd, and it's too damn funny.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 12:23:42 PM »

*chuckles* ... Everytime I read your posts now I'm going to do so with Ricky Gervais' voice in my head!  Yikes!  I'm frantically trying to correct the image by thinking of a female equivalent, but I can't think of one!

;D

(hope you've been feeling better today)

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 01:08:28 PM »

I know this is waaay of topic, but I'm in a piss poor mood, and this makes me laugh...

Any one seen Ricky Gervais' "Extras"?  In the second series, his TV comedy show gets nominated for a BAFTA.  There is a priceless scene where he and other cast members are seated at their table at the awards ceremony; they are having some bizarre conversation about something bizarre in their usual bizarre fashion.  In the background, we can hear the awards presenter announcing the nominees for some bizarre category, and we can ever so quietly hear the award going to.... "Jamie's Prison Dinners."

How deliciously bizarre! :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 06:28:23 AM »

I can do 'the dance'!

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 09:21:53 AM »

I can do 'the dance'!

Well you see, that proves my point.  :clap;

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »