I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:22:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  List of protein bars
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: List of protein bars  (Read 3352 times)
Marina

God Bless my donor family!! :)

« on: August 28, 2010, 04:20:42 PM »

***please  check  with  dietitian  before  trying  any  of these  bars  to make sure they're  okay  for you***

I try to keep my protein up (IT IS SO HARD, THOUGH  ) by eating protein bars or drinking glucerna. My dietitian recommended two protein bars/per day.
I had ordered a protein powder my dietitian recommended hormel propass protein powder.

Here's a list of the protein bars allowed ( list given by dietitian):

BALANCE BARS----almond brownie, chocolate, chocolate raspberry, cookie dough, honey peanut, mocha chip, peanut butter, yogurt honey peanut.

BALANCE GOLD----- chewy chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, triple chocolate chaos, rocky road

ZONE PERFECT------- apple cinamon, chocolate almond biscotti, choco almond raisin, choco caramel cluster, choco coconut crunch, choco mint, choco peanut butter, choco rasp., cinnamon roll, double choco, fudge graham, mango orange delight, orange cranberry crunch, peach apricot parfait, peanut toffee, strawberry yogurt.

(this note is on the list of bars allowed:
These brands are recommended because they have good amount of protein and not too much potassium or phosphorous. Traditionally, chocolate and nuts are not recommended but the amounts in these bars are very controlled and okay for you to eat. Be careful to avoid any flavors or other protein bar brands not listed. If you have any questions please ask your dietitian.)

"Anything is possible, if  you  BELIEVE....."  ~~~Joel  Osteen

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift..... That is why it is called the present"

Nov 1979 ~ Diabetes 
Apr. 2004- Nov 2010 ~ CAPD
Nov 9, 2010 ~  Received the  THE  GIFT OF LIFE at 
California Pacific  Medical  center  (CPMC)  in San  Francisco,  CA
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »