I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:50:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What was your "Red Ryder BB Gun" gotta-have-it gift?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was your "Red Ryder BB Gun" gotta-have-it gift?  (Read 5019 times)
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« on: December 09, 2006, 07:06:35 PM »

Like the movie, was there a gift you "just couldn't live without" when you were little?  Did you get it?

When I was nine, I wanted a dollhouse, and got a fabulous one with working electric lights.  My dad handmade most of the furniture.  I used to love playing with it.  I had everything for it, right down to individual pieces of silverware, and plates of homemade clay food, like milk and oreo cookies.  It had a little stereo that actually had tiny headphones that plugged into it, and teensy little albums with records in them.

I kept it until two years ago, when I passed it on to my best friend's little girl when she turned 9.  Now she and her little sister play with it all the time.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »

My bicycle- Mercury.  I had that bike until I was thirteen years old and rode it everyhere.  I named it Mercury and treated it like it was my friend.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 10:00:36 PM »

I never did get my pony.   :'(  ( ;))

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
vandie

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:03:55 PM »

Mine was a Holly Hobbie dollhouse with several small dolls.  It was a plastic house that folded up with a handle.  I loved that thing.

Life is the journey, not the destination.

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 11:09:39 PM »

i would have to say those big yellow metal tonka trucks.   i loved those things.  i think i had about 6 of em.
i wish i would of kept them.  they dont make em like that anymore.

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
Fox_nc

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 01:13:46 AM »

I didn't really have one as a kid, but this year it's a Wii . .. it looks like so much fun!

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue. It rather denotes a lack of courage. -- from the movie Practical Magic
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 02:58:32 AM »

Mine, as I mentioned in a previous thread, was a "Johnny Express", a battery powered tractor, with a flatbed trailer.That thing was HUGE, about 4 feet long (tractor & trailer).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 04:40:27 AM by Joe Paul » Logged

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 06:27:45 AM »

A chestnut brown colored 10 speed scwhinn bicycle. And I got one. :2thumbsup;
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 09:31:37 AM »

I basically got everything I ever wanted as a kid I was very fortunate.. however right now, I want a Wii also, like Foxie... I am going to start saving and buy me one... looks like loads of fun!

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 02:16:36 PM »

Every year it was something different and every year i always got what i wanted, i was very Blessed by all my family (a little spoiled too)  But there was the one year when cabbage patch kids came out, i was older already and i wanted one just to have it, and low and behold i got an official cabbage patch doll,  my mom said she stood in line for 3 hours and she had to take an oath in front of everyone in line (they all did)  that doll was $150.00, and i still have her, she is beautiful :)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 04:32:49 PM »

Every year it was something different and every year i always got what i wanted, i was very Blessed by all my family (a little spoiled too)  But there was the one year when cabbage patch kids came out, i was older already and i wanted one just to have it, and low and behold i got an official cabbage patch doll,  my mom said she stood in line for 3 hours and she had to take an oath in front of everyone in line (they all did)  that doll was $150.00, and i still have her, she is beautiful :)
Lots like her "Mom" I bet  ;)

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 04:36:44 PM »

*awwww* thank you Joe Paul,  hey, i wonder how HER kidneys are??  hmmmmm,  Baby, mama has a favor to ask... :P

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Foxys-Boy-Toy

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 06:55:58 PM »

As hard as this may be to believe, mine was a red rider BB gun. My Mom said I couldn't have one because I might put my eye out. I swear I'm telling the truth!

To Infinity. . .and BEYOND!
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 01:41:16 PM »

We didn't have a lot of money when I was growing up.  We always had what we needed, and were thankfull for it.  One year my parents got my brother and me a Nintendo for x-mas, that at the time was the coolest thing ever.

It's not easy being green.
mallory

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 02:21:18 PM »

My Grandpa used to have a horse named Bourbon.  I loved that horse and that's what I wanted for Christmas.  My Mom took me to see Santa at the mall and I told him I wanted Bourbon for Christmas.  My poor Mom was trying to explain to Santa that Bourbon was a horse, I wasn't a four year old drinker!

Also, I always loved flashlights.  Still do, can't explain it, I love flashlights.

Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.
                                  - Jerry Garcia
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2006, 07:34:38 PM »

Did you get it this year?
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2006, 07:55:09 PM »

I got my super duper paper shredder. I will try not to shred my cat or shred a finger off!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 04:14:51 PM »

Like the movie, was there a gift you "just couldn't live without" when you were little?  Did you get it?

I remember when I was little there was this huge doll head that you can put make-up on--like a Barbie type head with perfect features and blond hair.  It came with make-up and hair rollers.  I wanted this so bad......I did end up getting it but I got bored with it real fast.  It didn't really do anything and putting lipstick on a doll head gets old real quick.  Then I wanted to wear make-up, and of course my mother put an end to that. 

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Foxys-Boy-Toy

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 09:43:28 PM »

I never got a BB gun, but after some talking and whining and conniving, and convincing with the wife my 14 year old son just got his first BB gun. I am happy to report after his first day of shooting, he still has both eyes!

Live vicariously through your children!!!!!

To Infinity. . .and BEYOND!
mallory

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 08:59:17 AM »

I did get my horse, Bourbon, sort of.  My Grandpa told me the horse was mine after Christmas, but that it still had to live at his house since I lived in the city.  That was fine with me. 

And, I got two flashlights this year.  So it was a good year for me!

Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.
                                  - Jerry Garcia
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »