I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:17:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Pet Door
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pet Door  (Read 4725 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: December 08, 2006, 04:00:39 AM »

It is 3:20 AM.  I was awakened by Pebbles barking and then screaming in my living room. Adrianne (other dog) and I went running into the living room.  I heard growling behind my curtains and my puppy dog was out side.  A black cat had entered my pet door!  I have never had that happen before.  I thought I'd go open the front door so he would have a place to run if I opened the curtains and shoed him out.  So I go open the front door and when I got back he was gone.  I think he is in the house somewhere!  I guess he could have gone back out the pet door, but my dogs were there.  Poor pebbles had blood coming from her shoulder.  I have some dialysis cleaning supplies here, so I used them on her.  I think we are all too shook to go back to sleep.    :(

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 04:39:01 AM »

How rude.. you mean the cat didn't knock first  >:D :)
nextnoel

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 06:32:11 AM »

Wow!   That's a heckuva way to start your day!  What was the blood from -   Is Pebbles OK?

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 06:49:19 AM »

How weird!  I hope Pebbles is feeling OK now.  Is she up to date on her rabies shot?  Watch that area where she was hurt, because if it was a cat bite, it's very likely to become an abcess (sp?).  If so, you'll definitely need to take her to the vet. 

:cuddle; to you and Pebbles.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 07:23:07 AM »

I think pebbles might be a hero. Trying to stop the intruder. I do hope she is ok.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 09:02:01 AM »

Pebbles was fine at first. But now she won't let me touch her without growling at me and she is walking; not bouncing like she usually does.  We have a vet appointment at 10:40. 

She was bleeding from her shoulder, head and rear.

Ya know... I think it was a cat.  I never really saw it.  I heard it growling behind my curtain.  I've heard cats growl before and I'm sure it was.  We have Possoms here too.  I don't know what they sound like.

Tonight my nephew flies in from Spokane to Sacramento to help me drive home for the holidays.  We leave tomorrow after dialysis for an 18 hour drive. 

I hope Pebbles is okay for the trip.

Pebbles thanks you for all your well wishes.   :thx;

nextnoel

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 09:08:33 AM »

Hope all goes well at the vet's, and that Pebbles is fixed up in no time!  I'll be thinking good thoughts to you both; poor poochy :grouphug;.

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 10:52:35 AM »

Possums do not sound like cats - enraged, it's more of a siren-type scream. Most of the possums I've seen have fairly light fur, as well.

Are you sure it wasn't a raccoon, though?  A gliimpse of one would be more likely to look like a black cat, and much more likely to sneak in a pet door to a place that had dogs.  The smell of food would override any fear of the dogs.

Hope your baby is okay!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 03:14:34 PM »

Where have I been? Rerun I know you were looking for a place in spokane but when did you actually move? ???
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 03:16:26 PM »

How did the appt. go at the Vets Rerun?  Poor Pebbles, maybe some chocolate chip cookies will make her feel better ;)  :2thumbsup;    Keep us posted.

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 03:27:01 PM »

Hope everything is ok and you all  have a safe trip home for the holidays. :2thumbsup;

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 01:36:40 AM »

Sluff, I'm just going to Spokane for the holidays.  I'll be driving back the first week of January.  While I'm gone my Real Estate agent better get some showings on it!

The vet cleaned the wounds and gave her a 10 day antibiotic and also a Rabies booster just in case it was a Raccoon.  OMG I would have freaked if I'd come face to face with a Raccoon!

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 05:41:35 AM »

Sluff, I'm just going to Spokane for the holidays.  I'll be driving back the first week of January.  While I'm gone my Real Estate agent better get some showings on it!

The vet cleaned the wounds and gave her a 10 day antibiotic and also a Rabies booster just in case it was a Raccoon.  OMG I would have freaked if I'd come face to face with a Raccoon!

You would have had to pull out the BB gun..lol
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 03:23:14 PM »

Well, now you have some idea of what the guy in FL felt like when a large alligator crawled in through his doggie door.

Hope your baby is doing well.

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
nextnoel

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 08:51:22 AM »

I'm so glad  :)to hear Pebbles is OK, for both your sakes!  (I feel worse when one of my cats is sick than when I am myself.)  Now you can have a happy holiday!

mcjane

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 09:02:28 PM »

I'm betting it was a raccoon.  A cat would be gone in a flash if it broke in & ran into a dog.

Glad to hear Pebbles is going to be OK.

Have a nice family visit.
Fox_nc

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 09:43:47 PM »

You'll have to get one of those doors that comes with collars that only let your pets in to keep out the boogie men and boogie animals

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue. It rather denotes a lack of courage. -- from the movie Practical Magic
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 11:01:37 PM »

Man, you were lucky.  Raccoons are huge animals and mean!  Puppy was ver lucky to escape serious harm.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »