I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:12:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  stores busy?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: stores busy?  (Read 2406 times)
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« on: December 06, 2006, 08:25:51 PM »

I was surprised last eve. and this eve. when shopping for a Christmas gift for my grandson
how the stores here are not at all busy for this time of year.  Cashiers were standing around
waiting for someone to ring up.  Is it like that in your area?

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 07:15:36 AM »

It really depends on where I have gone (Store and location).  Some have been packed while others of that same store are empty.  A lot of people are doing their shopping on line now too which makes a big difference I'm sure.

It's not easy being green.
MattyBoy100

What's dialysis?

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 09:22:04 AM »

This year, shoppers are avoiding the disappointment when goods failed to arrive in time for Xmas by doing their shopping this coming weekend on the internet.  Many companies are having to accept the harsh fact that their stores are being used as showrooms now particularly when they are offering discounted prices on their own websites.

Shoppers are going to stores to talk to the sales staff to make an informed choice about their purchase before going home to order it online.  The only advantage the store has over the internet is you can take your purchase home with you (in the case of small items) but as "next day delivery" services are becoming more efficient and more popular, this is not such an important factor to shoppers who are becoming more aware and driven by price.

I used to be a sales manager for an electrical retailer.  At the time, plasma T.V.s were the "must have" item.  My company was offering them at up to $1000 cheaper with a free stand on the internet.  To me this was very frustrating because my team wasn't able to hit their targets on these items because customers were coming in to look and talk to my team about them and then say "Can you match the internet price?".  Company policy was that we couldn't so the customer walked out and my team lost a sale.  As the internet becomes more widespread in homes, it is believed that more than a third of U.K. homes have broadband then it stands to reason that internet shopping will gradually be the way that most of us will purchase luxury items.

A second factor is that stores last year started their January sales earlier than ever (last week in December).  Shoppers are getting wise to massive discounts on these sales as stores make way for new season's ranges.  Many shoppers are keen to wait until the sales before making their Xmas purchases.

SCOTLAND NO.1
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 02:35:17 PM »

Stores are pretty full here.  The weekends it gets unreal.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 06:35:12 PM »

A lot of internet shopping going on I think.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 12:37:29 PM »

The weekends are unreal around here in our malls and shopping areas.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »