I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 03:25:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: News Articles
| | |-+  Girl who's here illegally needs kidney transplant
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girl who's here illegally needs kidney transplant  (Read 15235 times)
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »

The line has to be drawn.  Right now the official figure is 12-20 million illegals currently within the U.S.  When you include the children they have had here the amount becomes something as high as 40-60 million.  How do you say PARASITE and how many parasites are enough?

I wouldn't have been as blunt, but I agree.  As long as we have children here who are not adequately cared for, do not get even minimal health care, we owe nothing to the children from other countries.  Especially, the children of someone who came here illegally.  Will someone with a child on the list volunteer to let their child die and let this illegal immigrant take their place?

There are millions of dollars squandered by the Mexican government, including millions of oil $$$$.  They ought to be picking up the tab for their own citizens and not expecting the USA to do it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 07:46:45 PM by Black » Logged

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2006, 08:04:34 PM »

Some comments on this post are quite offensive to me. As a Mexican-Canadian...some of your posts are not only wrong but racist. I highly regret the hate I feel in those posts. Mexico is a great nation and most of their people are honest, hard working, same as most of Americans and Canadians. There are some bad, corrupt, low life Mexicans, no doubt, but somehow I feel that there are some of those North of Mexico.
Regarding this issue...I believe that compassion is the key element. Immigrant or not, everybody deserves compassion. That's my 2 cents anyways....
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 08:58:51 AM »

Some comments on this post are quite offensive to me. As a Mexican-Canadian...some of your posts are not only wrong but racist. I highly regret the hate I feel in those posts. Mexico is a great nation and most of their people are honest, hard working, same as most of Americans and Canadians. There are some bad, corrupt, low life Mexicans, no doubt, but somehow I feel that there are some of those North of Mexico.
Regarding this issue...I believe that compassion is the key element. Immigrant or not, everybody deserves compassion. That's my 2 cents anyways....

I am sure it does seem offensive to you considering  you say you are a Mexican-Canadian.  Meaning to me you live in Canada but consider yourself a Mexican first and foremost vs being a Canadian. Thus the hybrid of your nationalities.  This is not dismissing your claims to be Mexican either.  My belief is if one is a citizen of a country or in the country becoming a citizen legally they are of that country first and foremost.  As in America,  one is American first and foremost, not African-American, Mexican-American etc. etc.  I am mixed race an Chippewa Cree but I am first and foremost American.

Also there is not one racist comment on this thread. 

This isn't about race.  This is about a foreigner coming here illegally and abusing our system when they have no right to be here!  It doesn't matter if they are from Mexico or if they are from Europe or from Asia.  Its one thing if a person is a citizen or is here legally and abusing the system or using it , but for someone who is a here illegally to use and abuse the system is something this country does not have to put up with!

However the fact of the matter is most illegals in this country are from Mexico are they not?

I'm am sure there are honest and hard working people in Mexico, but that does not dismiss the fact that the the people in the article are ILLEGALS!   

Also the person is an ILLEGAL, not an immigrant.  In the US most people here make a distinction between the two.

The most disgusting thing about this issue is how Americans are considered racist for our stance on illegals yet in most countries around the world they already do the same thing that people in the US feel needs to be done here to control illegals entering into this country and services they use.

Remember the stink the Mexican government made when the bill was introduced in the US about Congress making English the official language?  Funny isn't it  that they raise that huge stink when Mexico itself actually has an official language?!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 10:03:19 AM by BigSky » Logged
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 10:06:55 AM »

The most disgusting thing about this issue is how Americans are considered racist for our stance on illegals yet in most countries around the world they already do the same thing that people in the US feel needs to be done here to control illegals entering into this country and services they use.

Mexico law is very strict on illegals coming in from its southern border with Guatemala and Belize.

Also, according to the World Bank, Mexico ranks thirteenth in the world as regards GDP and has the fourth largest per-capita income in Latin America, following Argentina, Chile and Costa Rica.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:45:55 AM by Zach » Logged

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 11:32:09 AM »

Mexican-Canadian does not show priorities, it is accustom to write first the place you were born and then the one that received you as their citizen. I did not make the rules. But we are not talking about me here, we are talking about an illegal immigrant looking for a service in a Country where she is in unlawfully.

As I said before I believe that Compassion is one of the lost key elements of human race, in general. I support that believe and I live with that as a rule in my personal life. I am not in this world to give judgment and illegal or not, we are talking about a human being. Then again, that is my 2 cents. I am, same as you, waiting for a transplant and hoping that some day dialysis will advance in a matter so is not such a terrible solution.

I don't want this to become an argument, as I enjoy your company as much as I enjoy all member's company also. Each Country has rules and regulations, the US has theirs and Mexico, Canada and China have their own. Politics, in the other hand, has the tendency to separate people on behalf of private interests.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 07:03:09 PM »

No, stomps foot and waves sticks at the politicians!  What are they thinking!  Np transplant or services until she and her folks are American citizens and it is done legally!  Get a sponsor then come up over the border! 

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 05:04:54 AM »

Get a sponsor then come up over the border! 
Why doesn't her family sponser her?

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 07:04:10 AM »

Get a sponsor then come up over the border! 
Why doesn't her family sponser her?

It still takes a while to sponsor someone.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006, 10:07:10 AM »

Compassion was mentioned, and I wanted to comment on it. If we give compassion t one... millions of other's will then ask where is the compassion for them? As mentioned before... we have to draw a line somewhere, or there will be no order. You have to think about the big picture, not just one person.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2006, 04:09:30 PM »

Yea I hear about compassion for these people all the time.  How much compassion do you suppose they have for sick or poor American's down in the great land of Mexico?  If you guessed none you're right!  There if you get sick and need to be hospitalized you are treated, then the hospital authorities try to extort many times the cost of treatment from relatives in the U.S.  How do they do that?  They simply won't release the patient until the ransom is paid.  American's have died in hell hole Mexican hospitals waiting for the "ransom" to be paid for their release.  Have you ever heard of an American being treated for a major disease that requres a transplant for free in Mexico?  No you haven't.  Not once, not ever.  Mexico talks about human rights and compassion all the time.  The only problem is that these are one way rights intended only for Mexicans present illegally in other countries (like ours).  The best relationship we can have with that disaster of a country and it's people is no relationship at all.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 04:11:17 PM by livecam » Logged
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2006, 08:35:35 PM »

I use this site to buid bridges not to destroy them. I'll move on to another post. 
Fox_nc

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2006, 08:44:16 PM »

:twocents; I think the word ILLEGAL says it all.

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue. It rather denotes a lack of courage. -- from the movie Practical Magic
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »

Mexico is the fourth largest oil producer in the world.

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
Jaybird

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2007, 10:03:36 PM »

Just read this post now, Jan 01, 07.

Anyway, I feel the same, I would do anything to help my child. And Because my child's mother is an Immigrant, I understand all the better. BUT, I have gone through HELL getting my wife here legally. We paid lotsa money for people to sit our there asses and take there time getting the paperwork done too.

I think the work illegal says it all and I think they should all go back and do what I did. We petitioned for a permanent visa in 2003, and i Just got it last week! I am very happy though, we are FINISHED with the BS and can move on with our lives.

Also, My son son has advantages from both our countries currently, he's a citizen of America and Japan until he's 18, and then he has to choose one.

-Jaybird

also on a side note, The next presidential candidate that has a HARD-LINE on illegal immigration will have my vote and millions more. Someone just has to have the balls to step up.
renal30yrs

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 08:31:31 AM »

Do any of you remember Jessica Santillan?
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 08:49:05 AM »

She was the young girl who died in 2003 from receiving a heart and lung transplant with the wrong blood type, right?
renal30yrs

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 09:15:06 AM »

She also was staying in this counry as an illegal alien.
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2007, 07:58:15 PM »

www.snopes.com/inboxer/children/santillan.asp

I wonder what happened to the people responsible for that mess.  I'd bet not one got jail time.

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2007, 08:34:14 PM »

it doesn't matter which border you cross, if you don't do it legally you don't belong here. if i break the law, i go to jail. anyone who sneaks across any of our borders in the middle of the night isn't an immigrant. thousands of people enter this country legal for many reasons. we don't necessarily need more immigration laws, we just need to enforce the ones we have. yes, as a parent i would do anything for my children, but i'm not going to go as far as breaking the law to do it. the woman should have kept working within the system, as flawed as it might be..........

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »