I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:17:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  After Dialysis Routines
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: After Dialysis Routines  (Read 9019 times)
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »

I had to return to work last night after D because of some problems that needed to be sorted out. Luckily last night wasn't a "I need a sleep after dialysis" night and I was OK to go and be a miracle worker again. My boss told me not to bother going in, but I felt I owed it to them to go and do what I could.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 02:05:49 PM »

I think with me, after dialysis, as soon as I stop, that's when the exhaustion sets in... I do some stuff after dialysis, I've got out to dinner or a movie with friends.  One day, we left from dialysis to get to the ferry to go to Nova Scotia.  The last 2 sessions, though, as soon as I got home, I just wanted to sleep

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 06:03:42 AM »

My routine after dialysis is EAT!!! We aren't allowed to bring food in any more, so I am starved! That and I'm so wiped out, I really need to lie down.  Sometimes I get in the car for a 2 hour drive to visit, but find that I start cramping when I do that.   I am so jealous. What am I doing wrong that I am so wiped out?
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 09:23:14 AM »

My routine after dialysis is EAT!!! We aren't allowed to bring food in any more, so I am starved! That and I'm so wiped out, I really need to lie down.  Sometimes I get in the car for a 2 hour drive to visit, but find that I start cramping when I do that.   I am so jealous. What am I doing wrong that I am so wiped out?

I am the same ! except i cant eat straight away either. I need to sit quiet when i get home, even talking on the phone makes me feel yukky !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »

Whew! I do feel better then!! Yeah, quiet is GOOD!!!  I usually feel shaky, as if I were about to break into pieces if someone talked to me. Odd.
Hubbs

when they ask how i feel , I just say; Drained.

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 05:41:54 AM »

nothing special here,, but  when i leave i have a cig, then at home i make coffee. mmm. but this weekend after the d thing i'm taking my Mother ans sister to  dinner at Olive Garden...  love there salads :) anyone rec-amend a good  wine?

Blindness separates you from things,
but Deafness separates you from people.
-- Helen Keller --
Phil

What doesnt kill you, makes you stronger

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 09:11:41 AM »

My routine...I do HD in the morning...I finish between 12:15 & 13:00...then it's straight to lunch!!! After lunch I chill out for a couple of hours...relax...nap.... At around 16 I take a shower and I'm good to go do some work or get something done! On some days I'll take a longer nap...but thats only when I feel particularly warn out from HD

1993 - Diagnosed with Alport Sindrome
April 2010 - Fistula surgery on right forearm
May 2010 - Started HD
Still waiting for the call!!!!!
Mike3723

Hello Everyone

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 01:50:19 PM »

After im done i usually eat ASAP im usually straved by the time im done and i was reading your guys weight gains man u guys are good with ur fluids i usually have anywere from 4 - 5 kilo on during the week and then when the weekend come usually around 6 kilos on but i have no promb getting the weight off i never have for the 4 years ive been on

Kidney prombs since i was born
Jan 31 2001 - First Transplant (Dad gave)
2006 - Started dialysis for the first time
Currenty Still ON !!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »