I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:51:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Korshield.com - "Keeping Catheter Sites Dry!" NOW YOU CAN SHOWER! (IHD Sponsor)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Korshield.com - "Keeping Catheter Sites Dry!" NOW YOU CAN SHOWER! (IHD Sponsor)  (Read 36625 times)
*kana*

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2014, 05:55:01 PM »

I just bought a korshield for a temp perma cath and it does what it says it does.   Just remember to order the right size and remove like they show in the video or you risk smothering yourself.  lol    It is a bit uncomfortable when you end your shower because it is dripping wet and gets cold very fast.  It is worth the 50.00 only because it allows you to shower but there isnt much to it so the cost should be much cheaper for the amount of material used. 

PD started 09/08
PKD kidneys removed 06/17/09

Failed donor transplant-donor kidney removed,
suspected cancer so not used 06/17/09

Hemo 06/2009-08/2009

Liberty Cycler-11/09-5/13
Nx Stage-current tx
Diagnosed with SEP 2014
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 08:54:24 AM »

Costs do not determine price - what the market will pay does, and the fact that you paid $50 is proof that a lower price would have just been leaving money on the table.

The Korshield people are a class act - not only is there immediate shipment, but I had a problem with the collar coming unglued.  There customer service people sent out a replacement immediately (and asked me to send the defective on back so they could look at it); no "credit card deposit" or "wait until we get the defective one back for a return".

$50 well spent.
carson

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 07:44:09 AM »

seriously??!! i shower every day and I don't cover my catheter. the skin grows around the dacron cuff to create a waterproof barrier so unless you are diliberaltely sending water into the exit site I can't understand the issue here. Clean the area with a chlorhexadine swab followed up with some Polysporin and you're good to go. But hey, that's just me

2009 infection treated with Vancomycin and had permacath replaced
2009 septic infection that wouldn't go away
2007 began Nocturnal Home Hemo with Permacath
1997 began Peritoneal Dialysis
1982 had cadaver transplant
1981 diagnosed with GN2 and began Peritoneal Dialysis
Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 12:42:48 PM »

Carson, they have a permanent cath for hemo as opposed to a PD cath. Different beast. And I agree with you, I showered with my PD cath every day. Never worried about getting it wet, just did my exit site care when I got out and was good to go.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 12:49:48 PM »

The hemo cath is usually temporary until your fistula developes.  They want you to use your fistula asap.  They should teach people how to clean the hemo cath too and how to cover and shower properly, but they don't.  Being sweaty and dirty is where infections come from too.

Just my  :twocents;

carson

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2014, 07:44:50 PM »

joe, sorry about the confusion. I am a nocturnal home hemo patient with a central line (perma cath) and have been doing this for 7 years. I had a PD cath prior for 10 years. Never a problem showering

2009 infection treated with Vancomycin and had permacath replaced
2009 septic infection that wouldn't go away
2007 began Nocturnal Home Hemo with Permacath
1997 began Peritoneal Dialysis
1982 had cadaver transplant
1981 diagnosed with GN2 and began Peritoneal Dialysis
jambo101

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2019, 02:03:20 AM »

The Korshield people are a class act - not only is there immediate shipment, but I had a problem with the collar coming unglued.  There customer service people sent out a replacement immediately (and asked me to send the defective on back so they could look at it); no "credit card deposit" or "wait until we get the defective one back for a return".

$50 well spent.
I'm not having the same efficiency with the korshied organization, its been 3 weeks since i placed my order and no luck yet on product delivery, i've emailed them 3 times to ask why the delay and could they provide a tracking number for the package ,as yet i have recieved no reply to my emails leaving me with no option but to phone them later this week. so far i'm not impressed.

Jim
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2019, 07:44:40 AM »

I got my support by phone.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »