I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:25:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I really hate this disease!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I really hate this disease!  (Read 5114 times)
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 11:06:53 AM »

Nice one Ken, that made me smile to-day. It does not take much.
Des
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 10:55:39 PM »

I cried again on Friday "as I was being led away to the chair" yes the torture chair. I really feel like I have done something wrong and are being punished for it. Jailltime would have been better - at least you know it will end and you will be free.

Just me ranting away again.. :rant;

Please note: I am no expert. Advise given is not medical advise but from my own experience or research. Or just a feeling...

South Africa
PKD
Jan 2010 Nephrectomy (left kidney)
Jan 2010 Fistula
Started April 2010 Hemo Dialysis(hate every second of it)
Nov 2012 Placed on disalibity (loving it)
KarenInWA
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 11:31:50 PM »

I cried again on Friday "as I was being led away to the chair" yes the torture chair. I really feel like I have done something wrong and are being punished for it. Jailltime would have been better - at least you know it will end and you will be free.

Just me ranting away again.. :rant;

Wow, I can totally relate to this.  I feel that way, too.  I'm not on D yet, but knowing that it's in my future, that I only have 23% kidney function now at the age of 36, am supposed to be on a highly regressive, flavorless, boring, sad diet, all makes me wonder what in the hell did I do in a past life to deserve this???  I also feel that way in regards to my "dating" experiences, which have been nothing short of jokes.  Then, when I think of those younger than me who get hit with ESRD, I feel bad for feeling pitiful, because at least I have had my life thus far D-free, and continue to do so for now.  But, when I think about the history of cancer in my family, and how a transplant may not be the best idea for me because of that, then I start feeling pitiful again.  It's a never ending cycle.

KarenInWA

1996 - Diagnosed with Proteinuria
2000 - Started seeing nephrologist on regular basis
Mar 2010 - Started Aranesp shots - well into CKD4
Dec 1, 2010 - Transplant Eval Appt - Listed on Feb 10, 2012
Apr 18, 2011 - Had fistula placed at GFR 8
April 20, 2011 - Had chest cath placed, GFR 6
April 22, 2011 - Started in-center HD. Continued to work FT and still went out and did things: live theater, concerts, spend time with friends, dine out, etc
May 2011 - My Wonderful Donor offered to get tested!
Oct 2011  - My Wonderful Donor was approved for surgery!
November 23, 2011 - Live-Donor Transplant (Lynette the Kidney gets a new home!)
April 3, 2012 - Routine Post-Tx Biopsy (creatinine went up just a little, from 1.4 to 1.7)
April 7, 2012 - ER admit to hospital, emergency surgery to remove large hematoma caused by biopsy
April 8, 2012 - In hospital dialysis with 2 units of blood
Now: On the mend, getting better! New Goal: No more in-patient hospital stays! More travel and life adventures!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »