I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:46:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories
| | |-+  Destin ,Florida trip cancelled
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destin ,Florida trip cancelled  (Read 3199 times)
bountyhunter_ga

I love to cook

« on: July 08, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »

Good morning all, My family and about 35 of our close friends were driving to Destin,Fl to spend a week on the beach and do a little fishing.
Well as you might imagine with the reports of oil on the beach , it dosn't
 sound like a place where a dialysis patient needs to be with a grandson that has Asama also. BP has been very helpful in helping us get our 2,000.00 deposit  back. It is a lot of work and time spent in arranging to have dialysis done and diet restraints as well.

I think we'll just stay home, I have a new donor now and he's going through his paces of test. I can't express enough help from the web site for helping me keep the faith,I know all of you have a story and it's a shame the outside world is so busy with the politics of the world to be concerned with us.

Thank you all again, Mickey

Bountyhunter_ga
Epofriend

This is what happens in Vegas!

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 09:51:28 AM »

That's a shame (the whole oil spill is a shame, put mildly). We were in Pensacola this weekend. Perdido Key was closed to swimming due to oil. Pensacola beach was closed for pregnant women.

Might I suggest Fort Desoto Beach/Park? It is near Tampa/St Pete (our neighborhood), by the Sunshine Skyway Bridge and it is where they are letting the cleaned pelicans go. It is a pretty spot and there's plenty to do in the area. Based on the NOAA map, it is not currently threatened by the oil. Depending on how you arranged for dialysis, it might be easy to change locations - something we have experienced mid-trip. (Let me know if I can help.)

Good luck and I hope you get to enjoy a week of sun and fun!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:52:35 AM by Epofriend » Logged

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 06:08:51 PM »

That is too bad.  You planned this wonderful trip and then the stupid oil spoils it.  We were at the beach the other day (N.C,) and my 8 yr old grandson asked if the oil was coming to our beaches too.  He is quite worried about it.   Sad that this is what we have to deal with.

Good news about a different donor being tested.  Keep us posted!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
bountyhunter_ga

I love to cook

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 10:01:21 AM »

I grew up in Tampa and fished Fort Desoto long before the tourist starting coming, It used to be great fishing just off shore tks, The rental management won't give us our deposit back now,over 2,000.00 ,I guess we go to court ,

Bountyhunter_ga
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »