I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 12:19:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Someone , somewhere, really hates me !
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Someone , somewhere, really hates me !  (Read 5754 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: May 28, 2010, 07:23:56 AM »

Im convinced ! From the very very start along time ago , everything to do with dialysis has been a rough ride and today has just about taken the biscuit. How i havent crumbled before now i just dont know ..i think i go into zombie coping mode or something ? Well today i was going for my mapping for my fistula . Having one done is a straight forward day procedure done under a local. OOOOOOh nooooooo not for me ! I have to have major surgery under a general, they are going to cut me from elbow to armpit , not only do they have to make a fistula but they have to LIFT it as well ! I really , really do give up ! Came home fed up, faced with this news only to get a phone call as i walked through the door, oh we forgot to mention ...not only do we have to do that but we have to take your line out of your neck and put it in the opposite side , you cant have a line and a fistula on the same side.  I give up , i just give up , i dont know what else to say !  :waiting;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 07:42:29 AM »

Oh Lord!!!!!....

Poor KS..... You've REALLY been through the mill, haven't you???.....

On the plus side, if you have this done soon, it'll be done and dusted... You'll be able to dialyse easier, and you'll be able to enjoy your new garden, with a little bit of better weather (hopefully).... The idea of the elbow to armpit sounds daunting, and that was the plan for Mum.... When they operated though, they put the fistula into her wrist... It was an unmitigated disaster!... If I could get hold of the person who did that, I'd be shoving dialysis needles up their.... >:D...  Well, you get the picture!!!!!.... Fistula never worked properly... From the people I've spoken to, the one in the upper arm seems to work much better!...

I hope everything goes very well....

Keep me informed, please!...

Love and hugs....

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 07:54:42 AM »

:grouphug;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

cookie2008

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 09:00:44 AM »

I had that surgery done to both arms, finally the one in my upper left arm works, 3 surgeries on the right arm, 2 surgeries on the left.   :grouphug; :grouphug; getting it done all at once is the way to go.

Started PD in 11/07
Started Hemo in 7/08
Started NxStage 5/09
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 09:52:02 AM »

I had that surgery done to both arms, finally the one in my upper left arm works, 3 surgeries on the right arm, 2 surgeries on the left.   :grouphug; :grouphug; getting it done all at once is the way to go.

GULP!   :pray;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 09:55:31 AM »

[Victor Meldrew] I do not BELIEVE it![/Victor Meldrew]

Doesn't it make you wonder what's gonna happen next?  I mean, really...

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 10:01:32 AM »

Awww, you poor thing.  My Blokey feels the same way, not that that's any consolation for you (but it does mean there are at least two of you who somebody somewhere really hates!) ...

*huggles*

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
pdpatty

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 10:23:11 AM »

UK is totally strange. My cath was on my right and so is my fistula. When they started using my arm,they used one needle and one side of the cath.

Now I have a great neph and an excellant vascular surgen. If this couldn't have been done,they wouldn't have done it.

I do believe UK is still in dark ages where dialysis is concerned.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 11:16:42 AM »

Jenna also had vein mapping done recently and the recommendation was the same. They need to lift a vein from deep in her arm to create the fistula. They wanted to schedule it right away but she needs her wisdom teeth out now so will do the fistula surgery later.
 :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Stoday
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 12:48:35 PM »

I'm sad that you should have such a hard time KS.

You must have really upset the gods and they've got it in for you.

Ulysses survived and I expect you shall too.

Diagnosed stage 3 CKD May 2003
AV fistula placed June 2009
Started hemo July 2010
Heart Attacks June 2005; October 2010; July 2011
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »

That's rotten!

Galvo
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »

So sorry for you KS.  :grouphug;

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
natnnnat
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »

GULP!   :pray;

My sentiments exactly.  Cookie, you are hard core.  The cookiemonster.

Natalya – Sydney, Australia
wife of Gregory, who is the kidney patient: 
1986: kidney failure at 19 years old, cause unknown
PD for a year, in-centre haemo for 4 years
Transplant 1 lasted 21 years (Lucy: 1991 - 2012), failed due to Transplant glomerulopathy
5 weeks Haemo 2012
Transplant 2 (Maggie) installed Feb 13, 2013, returned to work June 17, 2013 average crea was 130, now is 140.
Infections in June / July, hospital 1-4 Aug for infections.

Over the years:  skin cancer; thyroidectomy, pneumonia; CMV; BK; 14 surgeries
Generally glossy and happy.

2009 - 2013 PhD research student : How people make sense of renal failure in online discussion boards
Submitted February 2013 :: Graduated Sep 2013.   http://godbold.name/experiencingdialysis/
Heartfelt thanks to IHD, KK and ADB for your generosity and support.
Quickfeet

Mack Potato

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 08:06:36 PM »

All I can say is,  :grouphug;
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 08:14:51 PM »

Any reason why they can't keep your cath in the same side as the fistula? My graft is in the same side as my catheter, when I asked my vascular surgeon if he'd have to move it when he put it in he said no it will be fine, and it still works fine.
Troy

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
carla13

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 08:29:21 PM »

I think that at one point or another every dialysis patient has felt this. Some times it feels like it will never end until they've cut you up from head to toe.

Hang in there, once you're dialysing regularly hopefully things will settle down for you and (dare I say it?) you might start to feel a little better!

hugs
xx
carla
xx
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 05:32:32 AM »

Any reason why they can't keep your cath in the same side as the fistula? My graft is in the same side as my catheter, when I asked my vascular surgeon if he'd have to move it when he put it in he said no it will be fine, and it still works fine.
Troy

All i was told was they need to be in opposite sides to give the fistula the best chance !

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 05:34:02 AM »

I think that at one point or another every dialysis patient has felt this. Some times it feels like it will never end until they've cut you up from head to toe.

Hang in there, once you're dialysing regularly hopefully things will settle down for you and (dare I say it?) you might start to feel a little better!

hugs
xx

Thanks for the well wishes, but ive been doing dialysis for over 6 years now ! , so i would like to think im dialysing regularly  ..hehe !
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 05:37:34 AM by KICKSTART » Logged

Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 02:10:49 PM »

not only do we have to do that but we have to take your line out of your neck and put it in the opposite side , you cant have a line and a fistula on the same side.  I give up , i just give up , i dont know what else to say !  :waiting;

Kickstart
My lines were in the right side of my chest and my fistula is in my right arm! Now maybe it's that your cicumstances are different because the vein needs lifting but if not then somebody has told you porkies!

Ken
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 11:55:03 PM »

I hope things get better for you Kickstart   :grouphug; :grouphug;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 12:12:14 AM »

My caring thoughts are with you. :cuddle;  How is it going now?  PLease give an update.
And by the way, they are people all over the world who love you.  :grouphug;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 04:44:28 AM »

No news at the moment , waiting to see if i can go back to the surgeon and get him to look at my left arm instead. I am left handed, but somehow i will manage if it saves all this messing with my right arm !

sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »

I would say well I know people that have their catheter in the same side as their fistula and see what he has to say to that.
Troy

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »