I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:17:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Workers
| | | |-+  Ok ..so i dont much like you either !
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ok ..so i dont much like you either !  (Read 5598 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: May 18, 2010, 02:50:06 PM »

Im sick of my unit or more to the point 2 of the nurses on it ..one is the head honcho who i have crossed swords with more than once. While everything is hunky dory with the move etc. Everything is not hunky dory with dialysis.  Tomorrow im going for tests , ive had a cough for over 2 years :o and in the last 6 months its just gone crazy , so much so , i cant talk to anyone and hate going in shops , but with it, my breathing is awful as well. To be honest it all points to COPD but as usual because of dialysis its been overlooked , put down to fluid and now its chronic. Now when im at dialysis i cough so much i throw up ..no big deal you say ..no , not normally. But to have to rummage through the trolley at the side of you for a sick bowl , then throw up. Then have no one take any notice of you , come and see if you are ok. Today i had to shout across the room to the nurses stood around chatting if someone could get me a tissue AND take the sick bowl off me ..that i had been holding for half an hour! NOT once , but three times !!! The bowl was snatched off me by the same nurse , no how are you feeling , nothing. Yet further down another lady was being sick and had 3 nurses with her , one rubbing her back , one holding the bowl and one offering sympathy.
Ive had various insults from both the nurses , some on a personal level by the head honcho , everything from ..i live on pizza ..WTF? to the size of my handbag , to the clothes im wearing , to the most recent, am i all sorted in my new house and when i said hardly , i got ..why not ? I know im not liked , i know i could change units but why should i ? Its 15 mins drive for me , its small and despite everything it usually runs to time. Im not going to be driven out by these 2 so &so's. I used to bite my tongue , but not anymore , its like the pair of them goad me and the other day i told the head one to just go away , but more often than not i bite , cause im sick of them getting away with it. I didnt ask for this firkin illness , i dont want to be in the unit , when i could be doing so much more , and i certainly dont go in there to be insulted. The thing is i hardly get to see my neph and hes as approachable as an erupting volcano and i know from previous appts with him that head honcho , is saying whatever she feels like about me , non compliant , doubts im taking meds, all sorts of crap. The thing is shes been there years and no one has stood up to her , then along came KS and she makes my dialysis sessions miserable. Complain? its my word against hers, shes been there years and shes gone power mad i think ! So maybe i cant change my situation , but if any of you can think of any good retorts/put downs (that dont cross the line) let me have em , cause im running out. PS i never swear or shout , i just want some clever little replies that your never quite sure if you are being insulted or not .Like ..the best thing i like about you is ..your back ! :rofl;.

TOPIC MOVED to appropriate section - Bajanne, Moderator
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:06:36 AM by Bajanne » Logged

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
RightSide
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »

Kickstart,

you're wonderful!  You remind me of me.  I don't suffer fools gladly either, especially not when those fools have my life in their hands.

Hey, uh, are you single by any chance?    ;D
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 08:03:47 PM »

Hang in there KS>

Tracy

Loved the Movie!

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 12:13:44 PM »

I had a horrible experience last night at my first in center d treatment.  Nurse said she had 7 years experience....right.  After 4 sticks and 30 minutes of moving the needles around, she finally got it in.  I'd say kill em with kindness.  That way, they won't know if you are for real or not.  IN your mind you can be telling them off, but outwardly, your the perfect patient.  I don't want to go back to my center tomorrow either, but I don't have a choice.  I wish you the best of luck!   :flower;

9/1990 Found out I have Type 1 Diabetes
7/2008 Told I have GFR 30
2/2009 Kidney/Pancreas Transplant
5 days later, both removed due to massive rejection
Back on List
2/26/10 Fistula placed
3/11/10 Told GFR 9
5/14/10 Started in center Hemo
Waiting on another Transplant
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 01:03:55 PM »

Kickstart, if I were you, I would find a way to record video on how you are being treated.  Then you go to the Clinic Manager and show them how awfully you are being treated.

The last thing they want is bad publicity in the community.  That could be a clinic killer.

I had a friend in the East Bay who had it with sleeping staff, PCT's dropping her lines on the floor and not replacing them.  She recorded these antics and brought it to the clinic manager's attention, as well as the board of directors.

They were astonished about how bad things had become.  A majority of the staff was fired.

Absolutely no one should have to endure this type of verbal abuse.

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 02:53:46 PM »

Kickstart,

you're wonderful!  You remind me of me.  I don't suffer fools gladly either, especially not when those fools have my life in their hands.

Hey, uh, are you single by any chance?    ;D

:kickstart; I sure am ! but i only have eyes for one guy ..his eyes are big and brown and he has the longest grey/black hair and when he brings me that tennis ball to throw for him ..my heart just melts !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
jamoman

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 12:15:54 AM »

ks you can go to your local electronics store & get a digital recorder (very small & has 20 gb hard drive) for around 30.00 bucks american, put it in your bra it will p/u every nasty remark they have to give, then take that to admin of your facility. sorry for their crappy treatment.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »