I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:19:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Medical Breakthroughs
| | |-+  Overnight therapy puts z's in dialysis for kidney patients
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Overnight therapy puts z's in dialysis for kidney patients  (Read 27171 times)
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2008, 08:15:32 PM »

But Kitkat does in-center nocturnal.  (I'm not sure you knew that or not)  :)

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2008, 08:23:31 PM »

As far as "Nocturnal Dialysis" goes...... don't knock it until you've tried it.

As far as "Old People" go... You may be old too one day.  I am the 47 year old lady who lives alone with a dog and just pictures of my nieces who never visit.  But, one day long long ago I was married with a promising career and the want of a family..... then my kidneys failed.  Just wait sweetness!   

:waving;

Could it be because you chased away your husband and any and all men who might want you with your overbearing attitude and your right-wing propaganda, and your whininess about dialysis?

Your aloneness most likely has nothing to do with dialysis, it was probably due to your self-righteous attitude and as for your claim that because I'm on dialysis, my husband will eventually leave, sorry but I got together with my husband after I started dialysis, so BOOM! there goes your theory, mon ami. Oh yeah, and please never call me "sweetness" again, I don't know you from Adam.

Oh, as for me I'm 31 and I've got a husband, friends in power metal bands, offers to model, and a 131 I.Q. What do you have?  Pictures of your nieces,  and a dog who probably fantasizes about running away but won't because you feed it. Woo hoo, quality of life right there.

Just because you're a bitter person who only has a dog for company and goes to nocturnal dialysis so that you can have people to keep you company at night doesn't mean I will be at your age.

Go on with your bad self,  stay on nocturnal, so that people like me who have a life don't have to be around you.

Enjoy your 3 day a week 8 hour long needles and blood pressure cuff sleepover. I mean, you like it so much, right?

Okay, I just now read this because I wanted to read some of your other posts after you blasted me on what I said about abortion.  Ya know what? You go girl!!  You say whatever you want on this site because that is what it is for.  Doesn't it feel good to just come on here and blast the HELL out of ME!  You can't do it in real life.  If something ever pisses you off in the future I'm here for you sweety oops!  I mean I'm here for you Girlfren'!!  You hate dialysis and it has interrupted your otherwise normal life; I understand.  When you get your transplant you go.....  Never look back.  You are the only one who hates dialysis like I do.  And when I was 25 I really hated it and a transplant was my only way out.  It was great and I hope you have yours 3 times as long.  I like your spirit.  I'm glad I can be here for you.  Blast away!!!!

:boxing;
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:53:15 PM by Rerun » Logged

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2008, 09:09:08 PM »

:clap;

Way to go, rerun! 

Classy, lady!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

harley08

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2008, 11:41:53 AM »

I have been waiting to hear (read) Rerun's response on this, it seems like forever... you go girl  :clap; :clap; :cheer: :clap; :clap;
Russ

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2008, 02:29:17 PM »

I had planned on going to nocturnal this year but my clinic has canceled their nocturnal plans.  I'm told it's due to monitoring issues.  They use Gambro Phoenix machines in-house.  I'm on Nxstage now.
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2008, 04:23:34 PM »

:thumbup; :thumbup; rerun!!!!   Nice reply!!!  :beer1;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2011, 10:16:55 AM »

I'd love to go on nocturnal dialysis.  But I don't see it happening at my center.  Hospitals are already going broke, and the extra four hours of nurse time would be too costly.  The waiting list for a transplant at my center is 8 years, and with my heart and liver issues, I probably am not a good candidate for that in any event.  I'm hoping they develop the new artificial kidney transplant within my lifetime.  I'm almost 59, on my 1st month of dialysis, and it blows my mind that people endure it for 10 years or longer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »