I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 05:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Kitkatz is in the hospital
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kitkatz is in the hospital  (Read 56086 times)
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2010, 04:08:23 AM »

Kit...you are such a trooper.  Bitten by a shark, rammed by a surgeon without proper sedation, neglected by your co-workers of 12 years and still spitting nails!  I'm sorry you had to go through all this and so happy you have come through with your feisty spirit.  But, absolutely, you can whine, rant, vent, or anything else you want to do here.  Do you want me to take the  :Kit n Stik; to your school?  Sounds like they deserve it.  Maybe you should send a "thank you" card to the teachers lounge for all the support they gave you during this. 

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2010, 06:43:00 AM »

No more Vicodin ever!  They make me crazy int e head,  I think everytime I tried to go to sleep last night I was in tears. I finally ended up watching Public Television from 12 to 2 last night. Finally tried to crawl back in bed at three.  Slept 4 to 6 a.m. Going to try to sleep today.  I hurt bad last night. We shall see how I feel when the Vicodin effects wear off today.  Back to Tylenol only.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2010, 07:51:49 AM »

No more Vicodin ever! 

Can I have them?    :o

You have every right to feel sad.  Life sucks pretty much on dialysis but sucks rocks when things are going bad on dialysis. 

Things will get better you just need to heal.  And let them fire you!  Take them to court and make a couple cool million.

Sorry.... I'm not cheering you up am I?   :cuddle;

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2010, 01:04:43 PM »

Our resident superwoman has really had her fill of challenges (AGAIN).  I am so glad that you are out of the hospital.  So sorry that you are still feeling pain.  Hang in there girl.  We are with you all the way. :grouphug;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2010, 02:10:24 PM »

I am so sorry for your pain. I'm also surprised the co-workers at your school failed to follow up on your health in any way. No card? No phone calls? Maybe they thought they should leave you alone to heal, though that doesn't explain the lack of a get well card. Or maybe they didn't really know what was going on because the Principal was confidential about your health problems. I guess I'm just trying to come up with some rational for their behavior. I will say that when I was being treated for Goodpastures Disease for six months I received only one get well card from the staff and one from my students. I think school staff are so overworked already it must get hard for them to think beyond what's going on in the classroom. Not much of an excuse, I know, but usually teachers are notable for their support of one another. Get well soon. Give yourself plenty of time to heal, you deserve it. You have really been through a very difficult time.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2010, 05:45:16 PM »

So sorry about the people who you work with and who you work for. Some one needs to be sorry for them, what a thoughtless lot they are. You know they have been told you are ill, but probably have no idea what happened. Still!!!!! What a bunch of turds. You have just had the crap beaten out of you during this time, and it makes you feel helpless, but, you will heal and be back to yourself again and hopefully soon. Vicodin can give you some scary dreams too, so you are not sleeping well either. You will be better soon Kit, I am sure of you.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2010, 11:22:35 AM »

Tylenol with codeine today. The D doc gave me a prescription last night. I was in tears from hurting last night. Been in tears every day at some point since surgery. 
The Pit of Despair called, has a spot for me right now.  :rofl;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »

Oh Kit, I can just imagine what your are going through.  Remember to take moment by moment and then day by day.  Here is a hug.   :cuddle;

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2010, 12:04:15 PM »

Come on kitkatz you can climb out of this, may take a while but we all have faith in you.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2010, 04:10:28 PM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2010, 09:20:47 PM »

Wish I had some encouraging words to say or something smart :sir ken;  but I can't think of anything

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2010, 10:47:10 PM »

:flower; :flower; :flower; I hope it gets better my friend.  :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2010, 10:55:10 PM »

Okarol called today. Great to hear your voice. 

Tylenol with codeine really has helped the pain today. I was not groaning alld ay long and cn breath without wanting to scream.  I also took a two hour nap this afternoon.  Recovery will be quicker without all of that pain, I hope. 

lifenotonthelist.com

galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2010, 11:19:26 PM »

That's good news that the pain relief is kicking in.

Galvo
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2010, 11:58:32 PM »

Finally, a little relief. On the comedy side, I had to have a fingernail yanked out today and for this I got 2 shots of lidocaine. I get lidocaine, for a little bitty thing, and you get nothing for the "big thing".
Where is the logic in this???? I guess they can tell the difference between a tough broad and a wimp. Me being the wimp.Keep getting better Kit.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »

:rant;   Recovering is such a bit**.  Taking a sponge bath today left me breathless and almost in tears. It taes two of us to do a sponge bath. I HATE not being able to take a nice wet shower!  I washed my hair int he sink with hubby's help.  I cannot do almost anything my self.  Mom took me to Target. I had to get out of the house and away from Hubby for a few hours.  I love him and he is being really caring and nice, but aaarrrgggh, after awhile.  I cannot even hug him because I hurt. It is frustrating right now! I mostly and independent person and I hate not being able to do things for myself. 

Okay enough whining!  :rant;

I feel better, though.  My arm looks better than it did.  I go see surgeon tomorrow and maybe get staples pulled.  Ouchie!

lifenotonthelist.com

monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2010, 07:26:37 PM »

I feel like ranting right along with you Kitkatz and completely understand the frustration of everything being slow, dependent on others and exhausting as well.  I hope every day gets a little bit easier for you.   :grouphug;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Make those chocolate kisses - the best kind!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2010, 04:01:04 AM »

Hi Kitz....

Hope yopu're healing well, and those staples came out easier than you thought!...

Love and  :grouphug;

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2010, 08:13:08 AM »

The staples are off my arm.  Hurray!  I just have little steri strips across a few of the scars.  When they come off, wha la, it should look good.  The upper arm is still healing, but looks good. 

lifenotonthelist.com

Slywalker

« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2010, 08:30:14 AM »

Finally some progress.  I hope you are starting to feel better Kitkatz. 

:grouphug;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2010, 08:35:29 AM »

I am feeling better.  By the way thanks for your card.  It is so me!

lifenotonthelist.com

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2010, 08:48:08 AM »

Glad you're doing well, Kitz....

Great to hear good news!...

Did they ever establish how you aquired MRSA???... The last time Mum was in hosp., I insisted that she be swabbed for it on her admission.... The hosp. did it and then asked me why I had asked for it... I replied "Well, now that we know that Mum doesn't have it on admission, if God forbid, she DOES get it, we'll know EXACTLY where she got it from, won't we???"... You'd be amazed how much more careful the staff were about hand washing when dealing with Mum after that!!!!!....

As you know better than most, it's a dreadful thing to get, and I was doing my very best to keep Mum safe from it!.... When she was on haemo, if she was in hospital for any reason, the clinic swabbed her on her return to the clinic....

Keep getting better, Kitz.....

Love...

C.....

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2010, 01:34:22 PM »

So good to hear you are much better Kitkatz! :cuddle;  Keep on keeping on!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »

Progress!!

Galvo
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »